Wastewater Treatment Plant

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
There was some new structures at the Reedy Creek Energy Services wastewater treatment plant. They look to be storage tanks but I'd like to see a site plan for the site.
I'm not sure if anyone has one of those here but it's possible someone may have spotted a set of plans on the comptroller website from permits.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was some new structures at the Reedy Creek Energy Services wastewater treatment plant. They look to be storage tanks but I'd like to see a site plan for the site.
I'm not sure if anyone has one of those here but it's possible someone may have spotted a set of plans on the comptroller website from permits.

If you are referring to the work on the sourthern side of the plant then I found the permit for that on the South Florida Water Management District site. Go to this link, http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1, and enter 130307-8 for the Application Number. Under Calculations- Design Plans/Maps is a file called pgd plan which has the site plan for the new work.

You can find more information the project here:

http://www.harvestpower.com/florida/technology/

Last edited:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
If you are referring to the work on the sourthern side of the plant then I found the permit for that on the South Florida Water Management District site. Go to this link, http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1, and enter 130307-8 for the Application Number. Under Calculations- Design Plans/Maps is a file called pgd plan which has the site plan for the new work.

You can find more information the project here:

http://www.harvestpower.com/florida/technology/

That's exactly what I was looking for. Digesters and STs can sometimes look exactly alike from the outside so I wasn't sure. Thank you very much.

Is the methane fed to the cogen plant or is it used elsewhere?

Nubs70

In warm climates, or most climates other than extreme cold, secondary aeration tanks are open topped tanks. Enclosed tanks are most often associated with anaerobic digester or trickling filters.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's exactly what I was looking for. Digesters and STs can sometimes look exactly alike from the outside so I wasn't sure. Thank you very much.

Is the methane fed to the cogen plant or is it used elsewhere?

Its going to be packaged for sale to guests in the new Ellen's Energy Adventure Gift Shop they're building at its exit.

spock8113

Is it good to be well known?? Well, here we are almost 10 years later........
Unless done properly, CoGen can be messy and expensive basically cancelling out any savings as far as digester methane recovery.
The GE picture I'm looking at still shows Disney's plane on property which dates it in 2020.
And the Reedy Creek/Harvest Power links are no longer valid.
The tanks I see actually look more like silos than liquid holding tanks. They could be odor scrubber towers.
Based on their empty dump trucks, I'd guess they're using Winkle Presses or Centrifuges or Plate and Frame all for landfill.
Hard to believe that Disney started out with progressive tanks full of water hyacinths first!!!

Disstevefan1

Oh darn! I thought you were talking about a behind the scenes tour of the Moana water play area in EPCOT.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is it good to be well known?? Well, here we are almost 10 years later........
Unless done properly, CoGen can be messy and expensive basically cancelling out any savings as far as digester methane recovery.
The GE picture I'm looking at still shows Disney's plane on property which dates it in 2020.
And the Reedy Creek/Harvest Power links are no longer valid.
The tanks I see actually look more like silos than liquid holding tanks. They could be odor scrubber towers.
Based on their empty dump trucks, I'd guess they're using Winkle Presses or Centrifuges or Plate and Frame all for landfill.
Hard to believe that Disney started out with progressive tanks full of water hyacinths first!!!

Advisable Joseph

If you don't mind me detouring the conversation a litlle, I've been wideting about a couple of things.

* Is this the Environmental Sciences facility just to the north of Animal Kingdom?

* If so, how bad is the stench? It would seem useful to connect Animal Kingdom to the TTC by skyway or even light rail if Disney can figure out how to squeeze the rails in, but the path would pass Environmental Sciences, and passing by sewage sounds a bit unmagical.

Otherwise, you would pretty much have to make your transport system go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, maybe by adding a station to the Epcot monorail line where it turns east to serve as another transportation hub.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If you don't mind me detouring the conversation a litlle, I've been wideting about a couple of things.

* Is this the Environmental Sciences facility just to the north of Animal Kingdom?

* If so, how bad is the stench? It would seem useful to connect Animal Kingdom to the TTC by skyway or even light rail if Disney can figure out how to squeeze the rails in, but the path would pass Environmental Sciences, and passing by sewage sounds a bit unmagical.

Otherwise, you would pretty much have to make your transport system go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, maybe by adding a station to the Epcot monorail line where it turns east to serve as another transportation hub.

Yes. I think it would be very unlikely they would connect the TTC via skyliner, it's just not as efficient over a long run like that. Even if they did, I doubt they would take the direct route, they would probably take a route that allowed for another stop or two. Maybe along World Drive to also pickup Coronado.

1700847067351.png

Advisable Joseph

Yes. I think it would be very unlikely they would connect the TTC via skyliner, it's just not as efficient over a long run like that. Even if they did, I doubt they would take the direct route, they would probably take a route that allowed for another stop or two. Maybe along World Drive to also pickup Coronado.

View attachment 755551
How about if they could fit light rail in the corredor to TTC, and use all-interior air circulation when passing the sewage plant, with some strategic barriers to hide it from view?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom