Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Disney Institute

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • The Golf Courses

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

DisneyFreak721

Original Poster
I was just looking at an overall Walt Disney world map and thought to myself, some of these places are wastes of space. So here's my question. What do you think is the biggest waste of Space at WDW? I myself agree with all of them except the golf courses. well, 1 or 2 is fine, but i think there's too many.

djmatthews

Biggest waste of space.... Well, If CoP is going to be closed down then I agree with DisneyFreak721 it will be a waste of space.... but please let it stay and be open all the time. Arials Grotto (20,000 leagues) thats a waste of space, as are the Sky Way stations. Oddessy Building at Epcot? Camp Minnie Mickey - except the Lion King stage :animwink:

I wouldnt say the others mentioned are, although personally I dont play golf, I'm sure many visitors to WDW enjoy a round.

Lance

I'm a hardcore golfer and a Sports Wizard.........

and I do think there are too many courses, the 3 surrounding SoG(Magnolia, Oak Trail, and the other one) are enough.

BUT.....

Wide World of Sports is the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen! I walked to the All-Star Cafe, turned around and walked out so DISGUSTED, WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE!!!

bearboysnc

The empty Epcot Communicore Building.

It's the wrong place to put an attraction.

It's too big to support a merchandise location.

It has an unused restaurant inside it. It'll probably sit there forever unused.

So it sits there as a make shift convention hall.

WDWspider

I voted for the Disney Institute, but I feel that both the Wide World of Sports Complex and the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon are both wastes of space as well.

Oh yeah, also the Odyssey Restaurant and Millenium Village and the Backlot Tour. That's all.

Golf Courses are fine and the speedway too. Why is Pop Century up there?:confused: Unless you mean while it is not open for use? I do think this resort would have meant more if it had been open for the 100 years celebration.

mburk

Oh, is that what that building is? We couldn't remember it being used for anything since we have been to WDW since 1995.

BigNorm

Millenium Village is a huge waste of space. I never understood why they put so much money into a building to only have it open to the public for only a year. The Odyssey restaurant is a waste too. I remember when it was open, it was really nice. If the close CoP and Timekeeper permanently, that'll also create two empty buildings. Although, I read somewhere that there was a rumour that Disney was thinking of bringing an updated version of the old DL attraction Flying Saucers and placing it into the CoP building. I think that's just a rumour though. Ariel's Grotto is a HUGE waste of space. I think Ariel's Grotto would be better if it were set up more like Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo DisneySea. The stations for Mike Fink's Keelboats and Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes takes up space that could be used for something else. I think they're currently using Fink for the Haunted Mansion's fastpass kiosk though. I could go on, but I think I'll stop here. :lol: One more thing, the Skyway stations are taking up space too!:drevil:

DisneyHog6

Golf courses- Golf Rules.
Pop Century- This will be cool when it opens.
Walt Disney World Speedway - This is awesome. I went with a family member to do this in Jan 02, and we had a great time. It's awesome for Race fans.
Wide World of Sports- This place is used for all kinds of national sporting events, houses the spring training for the Atlanta Braves, and is home to the minor league team the Olando Rays, so I don't see how this could be a waste of space.
Disney Institute- While I don't see the need to go to WDW and spend money to have someone teach me how to cook, it may be relaxing to someone.

The important thing to remember here is that not everyone has the same interestes, and I'm sure all these are enjoyed by many. I do have to agree that the Oddessy Resturant is a big wasted space, as well as Ariel's Grotto. I just wish they would open CoP all the time so we could leave it out of this topic.
:animwink:

TURKEY

I voted for the Speedway. I think it would have been awsome if it was bigger and not in the location it is now. I would rather have it in its own area so a larger track could be put in so that a possible race(s) could be run.

WW of Sports is not a waste of space. Spring Training is awsome. The tourneyments are excellent places to watch great amateur athletics (especially AAU BB featuring future college and pro stars). The TB Bucs may be holding training camp at WWoS in the near future.

WDWspider

Wide World of Sports seems like a waste of space to be at WDW, not that the complex isn't being used to it's fullest. Golf and Resorts aren't wasted because that's what WDW was meant for. Darn, I hate it when I have to end with a word like for. :mad: That makes twice.

freaklarm

Both the Pop Century Resort (it doesn't look very Disney) and the Disney's Wide World of Sports. I used work at the WWoS during the summer of 2001 for the College Program and let me tell you that after spring training season is over that place is DEAD, there is nothing to do and not a lot of people go to see the tournaments. We used to call it Disney's Wide Waste of Space. Hey it is a little funny that the WWoS and the Pop Century are so close to each other, Disney could use this space for something more interesting and atractive.

disneyfamily

If you have ever seen an ariel view of EPCOT the area behind what is supposed to represent Africa. Where the Coke station and the drums....Behind that has to be at least 4-5 acres of empty space. I love the Millenium Village why not just keep it open. The part where you walked throught the seasons was fantabulous. Not to mention more food :slurp:

disneyfan123

i voted for the Wide World of Sports it just seems to be wasted where it is now.... i am sure it get used alot but that space could have been used for something else much more 'Disney' that would have pulled in the crowds for example another Water Park.

*only 49 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Terp02

I still think Pop Century is a waste of space because it it SO BIG. If it was like 3,000 rooms or so, that can be good. But 5,000?!? It's in of the most busiest places on the resort property, it just means more traffic around that area and a lot more people too.

As for WWoS, it's fun sometimes, and definitely isn't being used enough. I think that if they let a lot more area public teams play there, the usage would be better, or even more, get some stuff the guests can use, like basketball courts that people can play on, soccer fields kids can use, or even a lap swimming pool. Just something everyone who's a guest can use.

Al

is the epcot comminicore building empty? i wasnt aware of this!

what is the wdw speedway?

oh er, and what is the disney institute? sorry about this! I will answer when i know what they are :hammer:

Lance

Originally posted by freaklarm
I used work at the WWoS during the summer of 2001 for the College Program and let me tell you that after spring training season is over that place is DEAD, there is nothing to do and not a lot of people go to see the tournaments. We used to call it Disney's Wide Waste of Space.

Thank YOU!!!

I've never been down in March, but I'm sure the place is Mob City. So I think they should have just built the Braves stadium and stopped there, no need for all those TONS of fields they got.

mburk

Originally posted by bvolguards
How about the old 20,000 leagues lagoon....i think they could really do something with that

Yea, that is really sad to look at. But, the lagoon actually serves a purpose - it is part of the water supply system. The guide on the backstage tour told us water flows from there to other attractions such as Tom Sawyers Island, Splash Mtn, POC, and eventually Jungle Cruise. But, come on, I'm sure the Imagineers could think of something to do with it.

DisneyFreak721

Original Poster
Originally posted by mburk

I'm sure the Imagineers could think of something to do with it.

Ever seen those fountains at the Bellagio in Vegas? I would like to see something like that here but instead of Italian Operas and Sinatra Songs, they could play songs from Disney Animated Movies. I can only imagine towering spouts of water from there dancing to "Be Our Guest" or "Under the Sea"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom