Washing disney apparel

Cheers&mickeyears

Original Poster
Not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know the proper way to wash the spirit jerseys so the writing won't get ruined? Thank you!

Walt d

Not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know the proper way to wash the spirit jerseys so the writing won't get ruined? Thank you!
You always want to wash your screen printed and sport uniforms with lettering in side out, this will protect them from if you would have, say a pair of say jeans, with buttons that can hit the lettering. And score them. You say” as a guy how do i know this. I screen printed for 20 years if the Lettering was put on properly you should be fine.

Cheers&mickeyears

Original Poster
You always want to wash your screen printed and sport uniforms with lettering in side out, this will protect them from if you would have, say a pair of say jeans, with buttons that can hit the lettering. And score them. You say” as a guy how do i know this. I screen printed for 20 years if the Lettering was put on properly you should be fine.
That’s very reassuring because the last thing I want is to ruin the lettering. Thank you!!

Walt d

That’s very reassuring because the last thing I want is to ruin the lettering. Thank you!!
I was thinking i did not say enough. The uniform lettering, has a thin coating of glue on the bottom of it. Its not sticky or thacky. To the touch. The garment is put on a heat press, then the letteing is lined up then a teflon sheet . Is put over the garment, this keeps the lettering from sticking to the top of the heat press even though there is no glue on the top of the lettering because of the heat it can stick to the metal in side of, the press. The press runs at 300 degress at 5- 10 minutes .if there is too much heat it can come off in the, washer. Not enough it can come off to, there is a fine line there.but in most cases its all good, if it starts coming . You can go to a screen printer, and it could be re-pressed on a heat press machine. It may work or not. I was thinking i need”ed to give you more info. Hope your still awake” disney rocks

Cheers&mickeyears

Original Poster
I was thinking i did not say enough. The uniform lettering, has a thin coating of glue on the bottom of it. Its not sticky or thacky. To the touch. The garment is put on a heat press, then the letteing is lined up then a teflon sheet . Is put over the garment, this keeps the lettering from sticking to the top of the heat press even though there is no glue on the top of the lettering because of the heat it can stick to the metal in side of, the press. The press runs at 300 degress at 5- 10 minutes .if there is too much heat it can come off in the, washer. Not enough it can come off to, there is a fine line there.but in most cases its all good, if it starts coming . You can go to a screen printer, and it could be re-pressed on a heat press machine. It may work or not. I was thinking i need”ed to give you more info. Hope your still awake” disney rocks
Thanks!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom