Was ever a "White Christmas" (or at least snow) at the Wilderness Lodge?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
A discussion with my GF made me curious, was there EVER since the Wilderness Lodge opened in 1994 a White Christmas at the WL (and WDW) or at least a day with a substantial snow layer (substantial meaning a closed or nearly closed layer)? I know that there is snow in the Orlando area perhaps once in 30 years or so and I really would appreciate if anyone could tell me if there was ever a snow covered lodge and, very important, if anyone made even a PICTURE of it.

OliveMcFly

No photo but in 2008 (if I remember correctly) it snowed while I was living there. It was only a dusting but enough to freak people out. There were icicles hanging off the palm trees so maybe WL had some kind of winter look.

Phonedave

I don't recall what year exactly, but it was between 1998 and 2006 - so it was after WL was open. I was there one January when there was a dusting of snow in the morning - by noon it was gone. They had huge propane heaters out in AK, aimed at the trees, just to try and keep them alive. Every shop was selling hats, gloves, and scarves.

-dave

Simba's Mom

I don't recall what year exactly, but it was between 1998 and 2006 - so it was after WL was open. I was there one January when there was a dusting of snow in the morning - by noon it was gone. They had huge propane heaters out in AK, aimed at the trees, just to try and keep them alive. Every shop was selling hats, gloves, and scarves.

-dave

I think I was there that year also! In the morning at AK, they cancelled the first show of FOLK. The next show wasn't cancelled, but there were no acrobatics by the tumble monkeys and no ballet/bird flying. It was the first time I saw the show, so I asked a CM when I left-that's when I found out that it was part of their contract. Shortly after that FOLK got an enclosed stage.

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame will never see a better snowfall than in Tokyo Disneyland...It's pretty...
STG700013.jpg
ctt013499LARGE.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
I must imagine a lot of people sue toyko disney for slipping on ice/snow, must be a nightmare for Disney mangement.
First point, Disney does not own the parks in Tokyo, they are owned by a Japanese company under license from Disney. Second, the Japanese people are not nearly as litigious as Americans so are far less likely to 'sue' If they slipped in the snow. Third, it is possible that things could get shoveled before park guests are impacted, or guests just stay away due to the snow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom