Was DS ever to get an Apple Store?

wdwjmp239

bring back the Virgin megastore inDTD...what a fun, social gathering that place was

When news broke that the Virgin Megastore was going out of business, I was up there almost every weekend picking up CD after CD after CD including getting some harder to find albums which they seem to carry a lot of. I even had the sales associates there help me with finding a butt load of imports of various bands I listen to which they were extremely helpful in locating for me. Loved Virgin Megastore! Unfortunately, Virgin and another music store I used to frequent as a kid, Tower Records......they have gone the way of dust! Memories.....

djlaosc

When news broke that the Virgin Megastore was going out of business, I was up there almost every weekend picking up CD after CD after CD including getting some harder to find albums which they seem to carry a lot of. I even had the sales associates there help me with finding a butt load of imports of various bands I listen to which they were extremely helpful in locating for me. Loved Virgin Megastore! Unfortunately, Virgin and another music store I used to frequent as a kid, Tower Records......they have gone the way of dust! Memories.....

I used to use Virgin Megastore to pick up music/DVDs/games that were not released in my country.

Now I have to place an Amazon order for delivery to the hotel...

wdwjmp239

I used to use Virgin Megastore to pick up music/DVDs/games that were not released in my country.

Those are called "imports". The imports were usually limited releases (only released in certain countries). You paid a lot for them, but they're worth it. The one album, to this day, that I have never opened up (and I've had it for about 14 years now) is a CD of the Pet Shop Boys Soundtrack for an old 1925 Soviet directed and produced silent film called "Battleship Potemkin". This was only released in the UK and Germany.

Pet Shop Boys "Battleship Potemkin" (soundtrack)

"Battleship Potemkin" (silent film)

If I recall, I think I paid about $50 for this CD! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:💰💰💰💰💸💸💸💸💲💲💲💲💳💳💳💳💵💵💵

ImperfectPixie

an apple store would look beautiful in DS but i wouldnt set a foot in it

bring back the Virgin megastore inDTD...what a fun, social gathering that place was

ETA and can we really have too many Ramones t -shirts?

i think not:cool:
That's what it felt like in the Apple Store I went to - lots of people trying out new devices and chit chatting, etc. I think the most surprising thing is that no one seemed upset that there was obviously a long wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom