Want to own the original EPCOT prism sculpture?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think someone should buy it, sneak it back into the park, and re-install it when no one is looking....:) I would love to get just one more photo in front of it.

Laura

Premium Member
That's insane. So how does he get this stuff? Disney just sells it to him? Why do they do that? Does he have personal ties to someone important at Disney? It's just mind blowing to me that Epcot would hand over something so significant with so much sentimental value to someone else to be sold on ebay.

And what do people do with these things? Just put them in their garage or something?

PurpleDragon

Those things were awsome. I remember they used to have lights underneath that would change colors every so often, and the whole structure would just glisten.

I second the idea of reinstalling them!!

maelstrom

I have room in my backyard to install this and a fountain. Someone buy it for me and then you can all come and look at it! ;)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i would hate to see shipping on that item....................... it the ups truck even 18' long or would they have to strap it to the top!!!!!

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
I realize that everyone is a fan of Mousesurplus, and I agree that he/she/they offer great items...

That being said...the shipping it OUTRAGEOUS! I bought two Land trays and it was $12.00 for shipping. I ship a lot at work, and even if they used a FREE Priority mail box, which the trays would fit into, it would not cost more than about $4.95 to ship. They are pocketing a ton of money in overcharging on shipping costs. I paid almost as much for shipping as I paid for the trays. I wanted to dispute it, but I don't need negative eBay feedback because mine is currently perfect.

If you notice, his descriptions do *not* mention how much it costs to ship, so you don't find out until after you have purchased the item(s). At that point you either refuse to pay (and get negative feedback) or just suck it up.

I'd request exact shipping costs before bidding on any of their items. Here is the link to The Land trays that I bought--if you look at this page (and also the prism page) you will see that he says shipping costs will be added later, and you can be sure they will be outrageous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6509151224&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6#ShippingPayment

Not only that--but I don't have a lot of faith in someone who lists items using such poor spelling and grammar-- "WE EXCEPT ALL FORMS OF CREDIT EXCEPT DISCOVER OR PAYPAL" I mean, someone who is running this business should know how to spell "accept".

Just my two cents...but I won't be cheated by them again...

joel_maxwell

DreamerCM said:
If you notice, his descriptions do *not* mention how much it costs to ship, so you don't find out until after you have purchased the item(s)...........
dude, if you got the jack to buy this thing....... you arent worried about the cost of shipping.

it is like owning a porsche................... at the dealer, you dont ask how much it is for a tune-up. if you can afford a porsche, you can afford the tune-up.

Laura

Premium Member
On that ebay auction DreamerCM posted, it said "THIS IS GREAT FOR THE COLLECTOR THATS BEEN TO THE LAND PAVILLION IN EPCOT.THIS IS A PIECE OF MEMORABILIA FROM AN AREA AT EPCOT THAT NO LONGER EXISTS."

Does that imply that the Land no longer exists? Why would he imply that?

Thelazer

I have yet to figure out how he gets this stuff. I know that there is a auction held every now and then of all sorts of used stuff. I didn't think that they would auction this stuff off. I'll have to take a drive over to the auction location and ask just how this guy is getting all this stuff.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You know better than that Laura, :lol: the posting is a mistake. The meaning is that that part of the attraction is no longer present (food court).

Out of all the overhauls, for some silly reason, I though this was one item that would be put in storage with every intention to bring it out again after they get rid of the tombstones...I mean Leave a Legacy stones.

joel_maxwell

jcraycraft said:
I wonder what the wife would say if I drop this bad boy in the center of the front yard :lookaroun
i called and asked mine the same thing............... and since this is a family site, ill reframe from what she said. :hammer: droppin' the hammer on that idea! lol

Kwit35

DreamerCM said:
I realize that everyone is a fan of Mousesurplus, and I agree that he/she/they offer great items...

That being said...the shipping it OUTRAGEOUS! I bought two Land trays and it was $12.00 for shipping. I ship a lot at work, and even if they used a FREE Priority mail box, which the trays would fit into, it would not cost more than about $4.95 to ship. They are pocketing a ton of money in overcharging on shipping costs. I paid almost as much for shipping as I paid for the trays. I wanted to dispute it, but I don't need negative eBay feedback because mine is currently perfect.

If you notice, his descriptions do *not* mention how much it costs to ship, so you don't find out until after you have purchased the item(s). At that point you either refuse to pay (and get negative feedback) or just suck it up.

I'd request exact shipping costs before bidding on any of their items. Here is the link to The Land trays that I bought--if you look at this page (and also the prism page) you will see that he says shipping costs will be added later, and you can be sure they will be outrageous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6509151224&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6#ShippingPayment

Not only that--but I don't have a lot of faith in someone who lists items using such poor spelling and grammar-- "WE EXCEPT ALL FORMS OF CREDIT EXCEPT DISCOVER OR PAYPAL" I mean, someone who is running this business should know how to spell "accept".

Just my two cents...but I won't be cheated by them again...
I emailed him to ask about the castle prop he is selling right now. He want's $500 to ship it! It is styrofoam! How much could it possibly weigh? If I were to win it, it would be cheeper for me to fly down, rent a truck, and drive it back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom