Walt's office gone from DHS

Are you excited to see One Man's Dream close for Toy Story Land?

• Yes

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 116 77.9%

• Total voters

mcompanik

Original Poster
We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday and stopped by One Man's Dream. There is a drawing of Disneyland over the window where the copy of Walt's office was. I talked to a cast member and she said that everything was being packed up to be moved to the Disney family museum in CA. I am glad that we were able to see it one last time earlier this trip.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Sad to see it go. But hey, at least theyre not shoehorning the Toy Story teacups into Germany Pavilion at Epcot.

Sadly though, some people would defend that decision by claiming that Mr Pricklepants wears lederhosen and how Toy Story is obviously a perfect fit for the pavilion! Yay! my kids wont be forced to read something or learn anything!!! hahaha

lazyboy97o

Why not just put it in Magic Kingdom where it belongs ? That was Walts pet project, literally, but his brother dedicated it to him
The Magic Kingdom was not at all Walt's pet project. It was something added in to help finance EPCOT; that right there are One Man's Dream shows up as nothing more than a copy of Disneyland as a placeholder. The Walt Disney Family Museum is at least interested in more than repeating the same cliches and platitudes.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm really saddened by the closure of One Man's Dream. It's honestly one of my favorite attractions in the entire resort.

However, wasn't it always meant to be temporary for the 100 Years of Magic celebration? Much like the BAH, I think it just kind of stuck around for years and years after the fact. I'm just thankful we at least got to have it for as long as we did.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The Magic Kingdom was not at all Walt's pet project. It was something added in to help finance EPCOT; that right there are One Man's Dream shows up as nothing more than a copy of Disneyland as a placeholder. The Walt Disney Family Museum is at least interested in more than repeating the same cliches and platitudes.

Agreed, I'm pretty sure MK wasn't fleshed out hardly at all before Walt's passing, as he was so focused on the EPCOT City project

Cmdr_Crimson

79ikbg.jpg

Walter Elias Disney

I'm sure Disneyland felt cheated when they loaned "the office" to Hollywood Studios for what was deemed a short period of time and their guests were unable to see "the office". I can't think of a better place to showcase "the office" than The Walt Disney Family Museum. http://www.waltdisney.org/sp/
The Board of Directors now includes nine members, spanning three generations of Walt Disney’s family members. After the passing of Diane Disney Miller, her husband, Ron Miller, has taken on the role of President. Their daughters, Joanna Miller and Jennifer Miller-Goff, will continue in their current roles. The new members include Ron and Diane’s sons, Christopher Miller and Ronald Miller Jr., daughter Tamara Diane Miller, grandchildren Annabelle Rey and Ryan Scheer, and the museum's Executive Director, Kirsten Komoroske.

“While Diane's passing has left a void that will be hard to fill, we will strive to continue with her plans and ideas—finding momentum in her inspiration and energy to put her dreams to work,” said the family. “We will continue to showcase artists, innovators, and subjects from the past, present, and future, to educate and entertain all who visit.”

"The office" is in great hands. http://www.waltdisney.org/advisory-committee

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom