News Walter E. Disney overhaul

Ninja Mom

I see a fence. Some monorail beams and supports. A light pole. Some kind of white truck. Are you referencing the blob just left of the white truck?
71as6+YVxEL._RI_.jpg

mlasewicz

Thank you for sharing.my brother wants to know if there if it in the shed
Are you asking if it’s currently in the shed? I would assume it’s in the shed now next to the Lily and the Roy, unless they are doing some tests with the Walter in the yard. Are you asking if there it is in this picture? The picture is of the Walter outside in the yard.

mlasewicz

I honestly cannot see that in this picture. Its small and the resolution leaves something to be desired. Interesting the smoke stack isn't back on Walter yet. How long as he been back? Seems like that would be a quick reassembly.
This may add a wrinkle to all of this, but I took the Strasburg shop tour on December 5th. There was a diamond smokestack there on a work bench that looked VERY similar to the Walter's smokestack. Not sure if it was Walter's or not (the employees there will not speak about the disney equipment at all on the tours), but it was located very close to where I saw whole Walter locomotive on my previous tour.

TrainsOfDisney

This may add a wrinkle to all of this, but I took the Strasburg shop tour on December 5th. There was a diamond smokestack there on a work bench that looked VERY similar to the Walter's smokestack. Not sure if it was Walter's or not (the employees there will not speak about the disney equipment at all on the tours), but it was located very close to where I saw whole Walter locomotive on my previous tour.
Could be the Roger’s smokestack.

mlasewicz

Could be the Roger’s smokestack.
Not the Roger's smokestack. The two are very different. The Roger's almost looks like a funnel, with a tall skinny part on the bottom before the diamond starts. Roger's stack looks like Lilly's stack. The Walter's looks more like Walt Disney's backyard Lilly Belle stack, or the CK Holliday stack.

TrainsOfDisney

Not the Roger's smokestack. The two are very different. The Roger's almost looks like a funnel, with a tall skinny part on the bottom before the diamond starts. Roger's stack looks like Lilly's stack. The Walter's looks more like Walt Disney's backyard Lilly Belle stack, or the CK Holliday stack.
Oh yeah just checked my photos... also in checking my photos I confirmed, the Roy is still my favorite. Haha.

Cloujshe

It sounds like Strasburg might have kept Walter's smokestack to do some work on it before sending it back to WDW. Lilly had her stack back on in no time after returning from Strasburg in 2016.

N&w1218

Are you asking if it’s currently in the shed? I would assume it’s in the shed now next to the Lily and the Roy, unless they are doing some tests with the Walter in the yard. Are you asking if there it is in this picture? The picture is of the Walter outside in the yard.

Sorry I was in a rush when I was typing that.i was asking is it in the shed but it's probably is now.My big question is are there any pictures of it in the shed? Last time I saw watler was In 2015 when it was still running

TrainsOfDisney

Something I just thought of today... why didn’t they convert the locomotives to burn recycled vegetable oil like they do at Disneyland?

Seems like it would be great for their “environmentality” campaign and possibly save them money in the long run.

Touchdown

Something I just thought of today... why didn’t they convert the locomotives to burn recycled vegetable oil like they do at Disneyland?

Seems like it would be great for their “environmentality” campaign and possibly save them money in the long run.
Plus then the train stations would smell like fresh French fries.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster

I thought the WDWRR did/does burn biodiesel like DLRR. Guess they still have been using #2 fuel oil then.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Do they? I thought it was still #2 but it wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong!
I’ve always been under the impression that the WDWRR switched to biodiesel years ago, but I very well could be mistaken for DLRR. When DLRR switched to biodiesel, they started off with soybean oil, but it didn’t store well, so they changed to recycled vegetable oil from the park fryers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom