Walter Cronkite and SSE

prspeppers

Original Poster
:( I just heard on the news that Walter Cronkite has passed away. I loved listening to his voice on SSE. It was so fitting. The Jeremy Irons version was great, but I'll always associate SSE with Cronkite. His voice coupled with the Tomorrows Child song was so moving. So sad.

Thrill Seeker

I'm probably going to go look up the Cronkite version of SSE in the next couple days just to see it again, and listen to Tomorrow's Child... That was the first version I ever went on and I do miss it to an extent. R.I.P. Walter Cronkite.

majorrfb

Walter Cronkite was a GREAT AMERICAN

I'm probably going to go look up the Cronkite version of SSE in the next couple days just to see it again, and listen to Tomorrow's Child... That was the first version I ever went on and I do miss it to an extent. R.I.P. Walter Cronkite.

Walter's narration for SSE was the BEST in my opinion!! I was not happy when the first change occurred and the newest is fair at best. Mr. Cronkite will be missed by all of us who grew up to his news broadcast. He was truly believable with his news presentations and unbiased. Another sad day for
America.

cabihler

the first time i rode sse was in 1984 when my youngest daughter was just 3 y/o. well next saturday she is getting married and tomorrow is the 12th anniversary of my wife's passing. as i reflect back on all the years and all the trips we took to disney the most vivid memories are of my family as they grew and on Space Ship Earth in EPCOT. jeremy irons and dame judy dench are good but my special memories are of walter cronkite. i recall how we exited from the ride usually with tears in our eyes, always in mine, over the signifiganceand promise and uplifting feelings of hope & promise for years to come from walter's naration, as typified my the "tomorrow's child" song and his words. irons and dench seemed to become the story while cronkite was your guide through the stages of the ride which was the story. cronkite was one of my heroes growing up, it had nothing to do with SSE but his naration helped reinforce my feelings. so to share in this memory here are two links that i think you will enjoy, and i know my daughters will both recall vividly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jahosifatz#play/all/uploads-all/1/U6yp9Am5jIQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jahosifatz#play/all/uploads-all/0/rCxfFmo-zLw

vintageepcot

I will never forget hearing his voice on the PA when i was very little and thinking his voice was coming from the sky or at least imitation of his voice. If those announcements were based on or are his voice i guess we can say he is the voice of disney and epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom