Walt & His Company Today

Do you think that Walt would be happy with the way that his company is today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, I want to ask some questions. What do you think Walt would say about the following aspects of the company?
  • Phineas & Ferb
  • Hannah Montana, JONAS, Sonny With a Chance, etc.
  • The Muppets
Please post your answers here on this thread.

216bruce

I think that if he had somehow experienced the years from 1967-2010 he'd be OK with the company and probably be thrilled that it still existed. While we could nitpick about a particular movie, show, attraction or even park, his company is still the premier family entertainment company on Earth. I think he'd be most proud of the tech advancements in the company and the general growth of it. I think he'd be disappointed that the real EPCOT never came to be. Personally, I wish he'd have the animation division make more timeless type of stories and steer clear of the stuff that tries to be hip.

Magenta Panther

I think Walt would appreciate the storytelling style of Phineas and Ferb. It's wry and sharp but remarkably kindhearted. As for the way the show is designed, hmmm...a little too abstract and minimalist, perhaps, for Walt's tastes. You have to admit that the Phineas and Ferb walkaround costumes are a bit...startling. They don't exactly fit into the rest of the walkaround gang, visually speaking.

There's been a lot of griping about Hannah and the various Disney Channel tweencoms, but after all, in Walt's time, there were shows starring teen Disney celebs like Annette Funicello. I don't think the teen-focused programming on the Disney Channel is as much of a departure from tradition as some have suggested. Although I don't like the shows at all, they're not aimed at my demographic, so that's not surprising. However, I do appreciate that Disney is providing tweens and teens with programming that's relatively wholesome, and I think Walt would approve of that.

I don't think Walt would have purchased the Muppets. Period. Or Marvel, for that matter. He preferred to buy a property or concept and then remake it into HIS version of that property. That's not being done with the Muppets or Marvel, as far as we know. Therefore, there is likely to be none of the traditional Disney artistry involved in their acquisition, and anyway, what does Disney need with either of them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom