Walt Disney World's Newest Park: Brainstorming for Ideas

MickeyJedi

Original Poster
1604370467550.png

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

I know this subject as been brought too many times to count. However, It is inevitable that a fifth theme park will appear in the future when that may be in the next five years or even in the next twenty. I wanted to try my hand at starting a discussion for brainstorming ideas for this creative and ambitious challenge for this newest theme park.

Rules:
  1. No unused or used concepts: No DisneySea, No Disney’s America, No Disney’s Villains Park, No Disney’s “Let’s put everything We remember back Here ” Park, Etc.
  2. All concepts have to be all original and Non-Disney.
  3. This discussion is blue sky concepts only. No realistic discussing about where the park, why Disney won’t build this park, or they need fix their other parks before they this. WAAAH!

With those rules out of the way, Have fun brainstorming!

Last edited:

Outbound

Then wouldn’t that mean Disneysea could be used since Tokyo Disneysea is the revived Disneysea concept?
I think this thread is for completely original ideas. DisneySea is a common theme in imagineering.

Here are some ideas for entirely original "5th gates" (though my pick would be a Disney's America)...
  • Disney's Ancient Worlds: Realizing past civilizations in the modern day. Lands could include Ancient Egypt, Greece, Norway, China, Polynesia, and Maya. Largely inspired by the "mythology park" idea, but this would be more about the civilizations than the mythos.
  • Disney's Ports of Discovery: Take the DisneySea approach of original lands tied to a common backstory, but make the entire part unique (so it has nothing to do with DisneySea... it just has similar design principles.
  • Disney's Fantasia: A children's focused half-day park themed entirely to Fantasia. Each short would have its own land.
  • Disney Realms: In an ideal world, Disney's Hollywood Studios would return to its roots as a studio park, while this park would be set aside for designing immersive worlds in the style of Galaxy's Edge or Wizarding World (note: the other parks would still have IPs, just not entire lands themed to a single IP). They'd be surrounded by a giant temple, which is the "gateway" to other dimensional realms.
  • Disney's Florida Adventure: Basically DCA, but for Florida. Lands could include a Spanish Fort, the Florida Keys, The Everglades, 80s Miami, and the Florida Panhandle. Admittedly, there's a lot less variation in Florida than there is for California, making this idea a bit of a stretch.
  • Galaxy's Edge: It's impossible nowadays, but if I could rewind back a couple of years what if Disney made an entire park just themed to Star Wars? The park could have all sorts of planets, from Tatooine to Naboo to Coruscant.

orlando678-

I'm still pretty intrigued by the idea of a fifth gate themed around music, simply because it fits the line up of concepts for WDW so well(animals, innovation, movies) and because it could open up to a very creative way of storytelling and overall theming.

Hmm some other themes I could think of:

Heroes vs. Villains: think IoA but Disney and centered around worlds of various heroes so bring in Olympus for Hercules, Agrabah for Aladdin, something Marvel related, something centered around The Incredibles etc. + a land that people have been waiting for for so long, a villains themed land. I'd imagine a very cool nighttime spectacular, akin to Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic but telling the story around an epic battle between good and bad.

Gardens:
Sooo I guess most of the parks really work on their scenery and especially on the greenery, but imagine a park that is more centered around different gardens around the world. You could have a land themed to European Court gardens with rides based on Disney princesses, a land based on Moorish gardens maybe linked to Aladdin or other stories from the Mediterannean/Middle East/North Africa and Iberian peninsula, something related to alice in wonderland(maybe even tim burton's version!), an Asian garden with e.g. a Mulan ride etc.

Fantastic Worlds/Epic Universe:
Okay so I guess this would be sort of a copy of the concept that Universal is using for their third gate in Orlando, but with the variety of properties that Disney now holds the rights to I think it'd be pretty interesting to explore the possibilities of having a park filled with immersive lands, maybe something related to Marvel, a 20th Century Fox property even(?), a Tim Burton property, Zootopia, Game Central from Wreck it Ralph(with like a sugar rush racers ride, heros duty shooter ride and maybe even a wreck it ralph drop tower or something like that), Monstropolis, endless possibilities here.

Orange Cat

Corporate Executive Kingdom: Think About It, You Could Explore Micheal Eisner’s Land Of Bad Ideas, Bob Iger‘s Land Of Questionable Management, Bob Chapek’s Land Of Uncomfortably Rubbery Faces, Roy Disney’s Land Of Actually Alright Business Decisions, Or Even Uncle Walt’s Land Of Uh “Something That Doesn’t Insult Walt Disney”: Doesn’t That Just Sound Great To You! (I Say With Visible Sarcasm)

Last edited:

MickeyJedi

Original Poster
Corporate Executive Kingdom: Think About It, You Could Explore Micheal Eisner’s Land Of Bad Ideas, Bob Iger‘s Land Of Questionable Management, Bob Chapek’s Land Of Uncomfortably Rubbery Faces, Roy Disney’s Land Of Actually Alright Business Decisions, Or Even Uncle Walt’s Land Of Uh “Something That Doesn’t Insult Walt Disney”: Doesn’t That Just Sound Great To You! (I Say With Visible Sarcasm)
image.jpeg

JokersWild

Headlining the Wonderful Land of Walt Disney will be Walt Disney’s Unionstoppers, a race through scenic Burbank circa 1941 to intimidate strikers before Art Babbit’s frightening gang of reds get to them first.

I think this thread is for completely original ideas. DisneySea is a common theme in imagineering.

Here are some ideas for entirely original "5th gates" (though my pick would be a Disney's America)...
  • Disney's Ancient Worlds: Realizing past civilizations in the modern day. Lands could include Ancient Egypt, Greece, Norway, China, Polynesia, and Maya. Largely inspired by the "mythology park" idea, but this would be more about the civilizations than the mythos.
  • Disney's Ports of Discovery: Take the DisneySea approach of original lands tied to a common backstory, but make the entire part unique (so it has nothing to do with DisneySea... it just has similar design principles.
  • Disney's Fantasia: A children's focused half-day park themed entirely to Fantasia. Each short would have its own land.
  • Disney Realms: In an ideal world, Disney's Hollywood Studios would return to its roots as a studio park, while this park would be set aside for designing immersive worlds in the style of Galaxy's Edge or Wizarding World (note: the other parks would still have IPs, just not entire lands themed to a single IP). They'd be surrounded by a giant temple, which is the "gateway" to other dimensional realms.
  • Disney's Florida Adventure: Basically DCA, but for Florida. Lands could include a Spanish Fort, the Florida Keys, The Everglades, 80s Miami, and the Florida Panhandle. Admittedly, there's a lot less variation in Florida than there is for California, making this idea a bit of a stretch.
  • Galaxy's Edge: It's impossible nowadays, but if I could rewind back a couple of years what if Disney made an entire park just themed to Star Wars? The park could have all sorts of planets, from Tatooine to Naboo to Coruscant.
I agree on disneys ancient worlds i know a thing or two about ancient worlds and civilizations perhaps a 5th theme park?

MickeyJedi

Original Poster

Disney's ancient worlds it's definitely an interesting idea and something you can definitely building entire theme park around. As far mythos you can bring them into the park as long as they match their civilizations they represent.
Disney's ports of Discovery is also another great idea. I think it would be cool to bring in Tony Baxter and have him design the entire sections of the park. Why even, one of Tony's ideas which was called Discovery Bay could be the entrance way to the entire park.
Disney's Fantasia seems more like a themed land that could still have a lot of potential if done right. However some sections of Disney's animal Kingdom already have dinosaurs and the abandoned concept of beastly Kingdom did have some elements from Fantasia. I know that they weren't built, but still those type of ideas have been previously discussed.
Disney realms also has a lot of potential and definitely understand the need for A immersive experience. However, that need to have every land to be based on movie and television properties it's getting quite excessive to the point where theme parks are just now commercials to go to your local movie theater instead of immersive experience is like you say.
Disney's Florida adventure honestly just sounds similar to Disney's California adventure but this time with Florida.
Star Wars theme park it's definitely still a possibility despite what people say. It could even be called Star Wars Galactic adventures where take your family to planets from the original trilogy and participate in a VR/AR simulator ride where you fight in a X wing fighter or tie fighter.

Still, these are some very good ideas. Hopefully in this post, I hope to share some my own ideas for a fifth wdw park as well.

Disney's ancient worlds it's definitely an interesting idea and something you can definitely building entire theme park around. As far mythos you can bring them into the park as long as they match their civilizations they represent.
Disney's ports of Discovery is also another great idea. I think it would be cool to bring in Tony Baxter and have him design the entire sections of the park. Why even, one of Tony's ideas which was called Discovery Bay could be the entrance way to the entire park.
Disney's Fantasia seems more like a themed land that could still have a lot of potential if done right. However some sections of Disney's animal Kingdom already have dinosaurs and the abandoned concept of beastly Kingdom did have some elements from Fantasia. I know that they weren't built, but still those type of ideas have been previously discussed.
Disney realms also has a lot of potential and definitely understand the need for A immersive experience. However, that need to have every land to be based on movie and television properties it's getting quite excessive to the point where theme parks are just now commercials to go to your local movie theater instead of immersive experience is like you say.
Disney's Florida adventure honestly just sounds similar to Disney's California adventure but this time with Florida.
Star Wars theme park it's definitely still a possibility despite what people say. It could even be called Star Wars Galactic adventures where take your family to planets from the original trilogy and participate in a VR/AR simulator ride where you fight in a X wing fighter or tie fighter.

Still, these are some very good ideas. Hopefully in this post, I hope to share some my own ideas for a fifth wdw park as well.
Turn discovery island into phil’s island

Miru

A music-themed park! Music is such a key component of Disney and there’s only like a dozen attractions celebrating it. I was also keen on that “Florida Adventure” idea, half-jokingly. I was also thinking of a mature park named “Touchstone City”.

ThemeParkPriest

Maybe a take on the Ancient Worlds concept: Scripture Kingdom (or Bible Kingdom, or something like that). It might be in the shape of something like Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom (with Jerusalem at the center). A big difference between this and the Holy Land Experience would be the inclusion of rides. Some possible rides would include Garden of Eden Cruise and The Plagues of Egypt dark ride.

Miru

Maybe a take on the Ancient Worlds concept: Scripture Kingdom (or Bible Kingdom, or something like that). It might be in the shape of something like Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom (with Jerusalem at the center). A big difference between this and the Holy Land Experience would be the inclusion of rides. Some possible rides would include Garden of Eden Cruise and The Plagues of Egypt dark ride.
Biblikingdom?
Would be fun to see the reactions to this land. Would Revelation be a good thrill ride?

MickeyJedi

Original Poster
Back in the early 70s when they were developing Epcot, they planned for a Jerusalem pavilion. Here is a description:

"The entrance would have been a reproduction of Jerusalem’s Lions’ Gate, one of the seven open gates in the city’s Old City Walls. A large theater in the back would have been built to resemble King Solomon’s Palace, of which no historical records exist — only descriptions in the Bible."
1606358304305.png

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Back in the early 70s when they were developing Epcot, they planned for a Jerusalem pavilion. Here is a description:

"The entrance would have been a reproduction of Jerusalem’s Lions’ Gate, one of the seven open gates in the city’s Old City Walls. A large theater in the back would have been built to resemble King Solomon’s Palace, of which no historical records exist — only descriptions in the Bible."
View attachment 515544
Thanks for sharing! That could be another way to have an attraction/area that focuses a bit on all of the history that has taken place in what is called the Holy Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom