News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

FettFan

Nothing a few large cans of WD-40 couldn’t fix…

If only Hank Hill worked for Disney maintenance…

wd40-hank.gif

Kirby86

View attachment 654197

They were, sadly they too were let go. Tim's antics were probably a nightmare for Disney's insurance company haha! ;)
I'd be down for a Home Improvement drop ride.

"Hi everybody I'm Tim Taylor and this is Al Borland and welcome to Tool Time. We're hear to talk about Elevators. Sure they're quicker than stairs but they still are too slow. Would you agree Al?" Al responds " I don't think so Tim" Tim continues "Well to fix this problem I made The Man's Elevator all the engine needed was more power"

Movielover

I'd be down for a Home Improvement drop ride.

"Hi everybody I'm Tim Taylor and this is Al Borland and welcome to Tool Time. We're hear to talk about Elevators. Sure they're quicker than stairs but they still are too slow. Would you agree Al?" Al responds " I don't think so Tim" Tim continues "Well to fix this problem I made The Man's Elevator all the engine needed was more power"

I never knew I wanted this until now. After the drops finish instead of the swirling vortex its Wilson standing behind his fence giving us a final word of advice.

dreday3

I like the person who suggested that the change will be to the Tangled Tower. We can be dropped and lifted in her hair. 😂

Hmmm...they should make a swing type ride like that. We all swing around in locks of Rapunzel's hair.

saymarc

Get ready for a "surprise" announcement at D23 that Sunset Blvd at the Hollywood Studios will be rethemed to Marvel Blvd/Avengers Campus...Rock 'n Roller Coaster = Iron Man (same as what Paris has) and Tower of Terror = something else Marvel...not a knockoff of DCA's Guardians. Plus, another horrible Spider Man Web Slinger.

Like someone said, Twilight Zone licensing rights are unnecessary and Aerosmith is so irrelevant...and Marvel fits with the Studios theme.

EPCOT-O.G.

Get ready for a "surprise" announcement at D23 that Sunset Blvd at the Hollywood Studios will be rethemed to Marvel Blvd/Avengers Campus...Rock 'n Roller Coaster = Iron Man (same as what Paris has) and Tower of Terror = something else Marvel...not a knockoff of DCA's Guardians. Plus, another horrible Spider Man Web Slinger.

Like someone said, Twilight Zone licensing rights are unnecessary and Aerosmith is so irrelevant...and Marvel fits with the Studios theme.
I think there are issues with that given Universal's Marvel rights for theme parks east of the Mississippi

JoeCamel

Say you never heard of that darn Marvel Contract without saying you never heard of it.....

Prince-1

I can’t wait for that surprise. Never going to happen due to a little contract that Universal has with those characters in perpetuity but I am going to be waiting.

Kirby86

So who's going to tell Universal they can't use Spider-Man anymore?

MagicHappens1971

I’m assuming this was hyperbolic due to the contract that grants universal rights to most Marvel characters in perpetuity. However if Disney were to choose to build a marvel themed land somewhere on this coast, building Guardians in Epcot is even more of a facepalm. I know people are opposed but a Black Panther/Doctor Strange/Shang-Chi anchored land would be great at DAK or DHS. It’s really pathetic that Disney is sitting on their hands with the most popular/lucrative franchise ever.

Kirby86

I’m assuming this was hyperbolic due to the contract that grants universal rights to most Marvel characters in perpetuity. However if Disney were to choose to build a marvel themed land somewhere on this coast, building Guardians in Epcot is even more of a facepalm. I know people are opposed but a Black Panther/Doctor Strange/Shang-Chi anchored land would be great at DAK or DHS. It’s really pathetic that Disney is sitting on their hands with the most popular/lucrative franchise ever.
I think Black Panther is covered by the Universal deal.He first appeared in Fantastic 4 and is a member of the Avengers both franchises are part of Super Hero Island.

MagicHappens1971

I think Black Panther is covered by the Universal deal.He first appeared in Fantastic 4 and is a member of the Avengers both franchises are part of Super Hero Island.
I think it’s been assumed that yes the character of black panther is, Wakanda and it’s supporting characters are not covered by the contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom