News Walt Disney World's iconic Twilight Zone Tower of Terror billboard to be permanently removed

DisneyDebRob

when everything is "iconic", nothing is
Agree. Its the same reason ive been *****ing over the use of epic. Everything is epic. I ate lunch at so and so last night, it was epic.. saw the new disney series on Disney +.. its epic.. the concert last night was epic. I remember when epic meant like nothing you have done or seen before and it wont happen again most likely.. not a club sandwich from the local deli.

Brooklin Disney Dad

I’ve read all these responses. I saw ToT as an accent that drew attention to the park for families, especially kids, not as an advertisement or attraction. I can recall my kids seeing it and wondering about the ride, scared to try it but curious too. They loved seeing the structure on the way to the park. We love to see the billboards for attractions at all the FLA parks along the roadways. These are little touristy things, but for some, they hold a family memory. New memories will be made without it. Just like the Sorcerer’s Hat when that was removed.

Tom Morrow

Can I have it?

I was looking at recent footage, I didn't realize how noisy it was. Something that squeaky can't be easy to maintain.

They turned it off shortly after this video and it never ran again as far as I know.

I'm not all that surprised - it seems like this was only ever intended to be there for a few years. I was shocked it was still there in the 00's.

Also, they haven't taken proper care of the ride itself in over a decade, why should we expect them to maintain the billboard for it?

V_L_Raptor

I remember seeing that sign when I was in a tour bus with a rowdy mob of fellow high school band kids. It's just one element I remember from that trip, but it was a memorable element. Just another degree of decline, I suppose.

tanc

chappos.jpg

Chappos strikes yet again

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Meh... as others said, I always saw these billboards as temporary, so the fact that this one is still there, 28 years later, is staggering... I mean, this thing predates the pink cake castle! It's time...

I honestly would be okay if they replaces all these 3D signs with some well designed digital signs...

themerebear6453

This forum isn't even fun anymore (nothing against you wdwmagic!). The overwhelming majority of news coming out of Disney just has this nasty, negative taste to it, since around the time Chappy took the position of chairman.
I agree. I joined here about 14 years ago, and I remember being excited about new projects. It was a happy place to go between vacations to share news with other enthusiasts. I'm glad we are all vocal on our disappointment. Hopefully enough people will join in and maybe someday Disney will get back on track, but as it is now I can't imagine the state the parks will be in over the next 20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom