News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Surferboy567

This scares me, the park pass is needed now because of COVID. It won’t be when their is (eventually) a vaccine created.

Would this kill park hopping? That is a major part of my Disney vacation.

Could this potentially kill being basically guaranteed to spontaneously go to a park? I normally plan what parks I attend but the option was still there.

Does this not guarantee you a spot at the parks?

So many questions, I do not like the idea of this staying. Seems like a really bad decision.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. As dining options increase, park hopping and park selection becomes a bigger issue for us. I’m no
Insider but I do believe Park Hopping is pretty easy money for WDW. You can’t just get it for one day, you pay a daily fee but it’s for the entirety of the trip. While it makes staffing less predictable for Disney if they can safely allow it again I think they will. Just my uneducated opinion.

Ben_since_1971

So in the interview, D'Amaro implies that among other things, Park Pass is here to stay. That could mean any number of things, including reverting back to the Fastpass+ rules (as it would accomplish the same thing). I also don't believe they will forego park hopping revenue if the parks can support it.

Having said that, if the choice is between reserving the park with no Fastpass+ (or Fastpass for that matter) vs. the way things were done pre-COVID, I'm on team Park Pass.
This scares me, the park pass is needed now because of COVID. It won’t be when their is (eventually) a vaccine created.

Would this kill park hopping? That is a major part of my Disney vacation.

Could this potentially kill being basically guaranteed to spontaneously go to a park? I normally plan what parks I attend but the option was still there.

Does this not guarantee you a spot at the parks?

So many questions, I do not like the idea of this staying. Seems like a really bad decision.
The 'here to stay' has to be in reference to the next 18-24 months. Keep in mind there are a bunch of resorts still not open, capacities at parks are still low (and not even close to getting filled), and there are a boatload of entertainment and events that are either not running or will be under reduced offering (F&W). Any announcements regarding any type of expansion of re-opening (resorts, expanded hours, capacity raises) will be with the underlying assumption that Park Pass will be in place. It will probably be removed at some point, but not until such time as operations come within spitting distance of 'old normal'. In that regard, park pass is definitely 'here to stay'.

Ben_since_1971

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. As dining options increase, park hopping and park selection becomes a bigger issue for us. I’m no
Insider but I do believe Park Hopping is pretty easy money for WDW. You can’t just get it for one day, you pay a daily fee but it’s for the entirety of the trip. While it makes staffing less predictable for Disney if they can safely allow it again I think they will. Just my uneducated opinion.
I can see a FP+ 4th pass scenario where once you are in your park for the day, and the park you want to hop to has capacity, you will be allowed to reserve another park pass.

Disstevefan1

So in the interview, D'Amaro implies that among other things, Park Pass is here to stay. That could mean any number of things, including reverting back to the Fastpass+ rules (as it would accomplish the same thing). I also don't believe they will forego park hopping revenue if the parks can support it.

Having said that, if the choice is between reserving the park with no Fastpass+ (or Fastpass for that matter) vs. the way things were done pre-COVID, I'm on team Park Pass.

I got a bad feeling about this.....

Disneyland has an annual pass that requires a park reservation, it’s marketed as the low cost annual pass because you are required to reserve the day and there are all sorts of rules etc.

I hope not, but I could see WDW start to offer this “low cost” annual pass at the same price as today’s platinum pass, requiring reservations and no hopping, then market what is today’s platinum pass (no blackouts and hopping) as a NEW SUPER pass and double the price.

twilight mitsuk

Disneyland has an annual pass that requires a park reservation, it’s marketed as the low cost annual pass because you are required to reserve the day and there are all sorts of rules etc.

I hope not, but I could see WDW start to offer this “low cost” annual pass at the same price as today’s platinum pass, requiring reservations and no hopping, then market what is today’s platinum pass (no blackouts and hopping) as a NEW SUPER pass and double the price.
While eliminating everything below and charging for Fastpass

Rteetz

Those who I know who have the flex pass love it.

Purduevian

You fail to realize how much FP ruins hour 2. Back in the before times, I could start in Frontierland and do the two mountains, Pirates, mansion, Pan, Pooh and Snow White all before Noon. Now, I can only be that productive with Fastpasses because Pan, Pirates and Mansion never get the old “2nd hour lull” they used to get after the initial opening. Crowds just build. I would love if Maxpass was brought over. It was like old Fastpass but better. I can ride practically every ride I want at both parks out west most days.

FP does for sure have an impact on the hour 2, but don't be fooled into thinking all of those would be a walk on if it was eliminated.
I'm not sure if you are refering to legacy FP or no FP as the "before times"

Magic Kingdom Annual AttendanceMagic Kingdom Daily attendance
1998 (year before legacy FP)15,654,00042,888
2012 (year before FP Plus)17,536,00048,044

The fact of the matter is the parks are just straight up more crowded than they were in the before times.

Disstevefan1

Those who I know who have the flex pass love it.

I am sure there are folks out there who love it and if/when WDW creates their own version, hopefully it will be offered at a low enough price that even I, who hates the idea will purchase them for the family.

I am not optimistic.

brianstl

FP does for sure have an impact on the hour 2, but don't be fooled into thinking all of those would be a walk on if it was eliminated.
I'm not sure if you are refering to legacy FP or no FP as the "before times"

Magic Kingdom Annual AttendanceMagic Kingdom Daily attendance
1998 (year before legacy FP)15,654,00042,888
2012 (year before FP Plus)17,536,00048,044

The fact of the matter is the parks are just straight up more crowded than they were in the before times.
New Fantasyland should have provided the capacity with both rides and space to deal with the increased attendance. Would have everything been a walk on with FP+? No, but FP+ was an artificial restriction placed on ride capacity leading to longer waits.

Purduevian

New Fantasyland should have provided the capacity with both rides and space to deal with the increased attendance. Would have everything been a walk on with FP+? No, but FP+ was an artificial restriction placed on ride capacity leading to longer waits.

Since 1998
Attraction LostAttraction gained
Mike Fink Keel Boats (2001)No Replacement (Large Capacity Loss)
Mr Toad's Wild Ride (1998)Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Capacity loss over duel track Toad)
Skyway (1999)Enchanted Tales with bell (Capacity Loss)
The Legend of the Lion King (2002)Mickey's Philharmagic (no change in Capacity)
Snow White's Scary Adventures (2012)Princess Fairytale Hall (Capacity loss)
Delta Dreamflight (1998)Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter (2003)No full time replacement (Capacity Loss)
The Timekeeper (2006)Monsters inc Laugh Floor (no change to capacity)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin (Capacity gain)
Under the Sea (Large Capacity Gain)
Seven Dwarf Mine Train (Large Capacity Gain)
Double Dumbo (Capacity Gain)

The attractions added do not offset the extra 15k people per day over the attractions that were lost. Plus you complain about "hour 2", other than Seven Dwarfs, no one is prioritizing any of the new stuff over the classics.

HairyChest

I’ve had the Disneyland flex pass and love it. I used to always buy premium but became too expensive. I was wothout a pass for a year and then they announced the flex pass. I immediately purchased. It was pretty much a premium pass at a huge discount. The only downside was it didn’t include parking. But I was able to reserve every day that I wanted to go. I was pretty much going every Sunday. There was a couple times that it showed full but a night or 2 before it would open up. Never had an issue.

Lilofan

I doubt cast connection will open this year. All Of their cast members are deployed around the resort
Who has got discretionary money to spend? Some probably can't even meet next month's rent. A number of cast are still furloughed and cast connection is the farthest thing from their minds.

HauntedMansionFLA

Who has got discretionary money to spend? Some probably can't even meet next month's rent. A number of cast are still furloughed and cast connection is the farthest thing from their minds.
75 to 80% cast members are still furloughed with no indication of being called back anytime soon. People will sometime spend money on foolish things Instead of saving money or taking care of their bills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom