News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

TiggerDad

The fact that there are STILL people who don't understand the reason for mask usage is just infuriating!
In their defense, the scientific studies are finding new things. Some reports are now even finding benefits to the mask wearer. I'm trying to find the exact source, but I saw somewhere that the severity of your symptoms is proportional to the amount of virus particles you are exposed to. That would mean that even a mask that blocks half of the incoming particles could make a huge difference in how sick you get.

Touchdown

In their defense, the scientific studies are finding new things. Some reports are now even finding benefits to the mask wearer. I'm trying to find the exact source, but I saw somewhere that the severity of your symptoms is proportional to the amount of virus particles you are exposed to. That would mean that even a mask that blocks half of the incoming particles could make a huge difference in how sick you get.

How does this defend people refusing to wear masks? They justify themselves by freezing the scientific evidence in March 2020 or as a protest because Fauci lied. In their mind anything that refutes their belief a mask is needed is “fake news.”

TiggerDad

How does this defend people refusing to wear masks? They justify themselves by freezing the scientific evidence in March 2020 or as a protest because Fauci lied. In their mind anything that refutes their belief a mask is needed is “fake news.”

There's no defense for people refusing to wear masks. I was defending somewhat sarcastically those who don't understand the reason for it.

ThatMouse

"You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing."

Strange the wording isn't stronger:
"should be" instead of "must be"
"appropriate" does not equal "at least 6 feet"

Dman245

"You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing."

[

I saw this being enforced several times today. Both at MK and at Disney Springs this evening. Disney really is doing an incredible job. My wife and I have been to all four parks now and have never felt like we didn’t have room to have proper spacing. Many of the quick service restaurants have added outdoor seating in shaded areas where possible, including at Disney Springs. If there isn’t shade provided by trees or buildings then there are umbrellas. We have eaten all of our meals outdoors and becuase of there being plenty of shaded seating it isn’t bad at all. All of the Disney owned and operated restaurants are also either requiring or strongly encouraging mobile ordering. They won’t even let you into the restaurant until your mobile order is ready.
Most of the rides are walk-on or no more than 10-15 minute waits (despite what the wait times on the app may say) and the few that have had a little longer wait, most of the wait has been outdoors in areas shaded by umbrellas. I wasn’t sure what to expect when my wife and I got here a few days ago, But Disney has really gone over and above to do whatever they possibly can to keep guests and cast members safe and healthy.

Casper Gutman

[

I saw this being enforced several times today. Both at MK and at Disney Springs this evening. Disney really is doing an incredible job. My wife and I have been to all four parks now and have never felt like we didn’t have room to have proper spacing. Many of the quick service restaurants have added outdoor seating in shaded areas where possible, including at Disney Springs. If there isn’t shade provided by trees or buildings then there are umbrellas. We have eaten all of our meals outdoors and becuase of there being plenty of shaded seating it isn’t bad at all. All of the Disney owned and operated restaurants are also either requiring or strongly encouraging mobile ordering. They won’t even let you into the restaurant until your mobile order is ready.
Most of the rides are walk-on or no more than 10-15 minute waits (despite what the wait times on the app may say) and the few that have had a little longer wait, most of the wait has been outdoors in areas shaded by umbrellas. I wasn’t sure what to expect when my wife and I got here a few days ago, But Disney has really gone over and above to do whatever they possibly can to keep guests and cast members safe and healthy.
How was it enforced?

hokielutz

I don't want a CM to come up and admonish someone for drinking a few sips of water while walking along and only takes their mask off for this to happen. That is ridiculous.

DisneyDebRob

I don't want a CM to come up and admonish someone for drinking a few sips of water while walking along and only takes their mask off for this to happen. That is ridiculous.
Welcome to Disney in the Covid times. There are rules and everyone needs to abide by them, whether some like it or not. It’s tough but we all can make that decision whether to go or not.

TiggerDad

I don't want a guest to walk near me with their mask off because they are sipping water.

There are a lot of situations in life where different people with different perspectives and priorities interact with each other, and there has to be a way to balance the competing interests and make choices. In this case, as a private business, Disney has decided to care more about my safety than your freedom to sip water. That choice will upset some people and make others happy. Other businesses are confronted with the same choice and some are making different decisions. I'll choose not to patronize them.

DisneyDebRob

Some people, having originally heard that you could remove your mask while eating or drinking, interpreted that to mean that as long as they had a drink/food in hand they could walk around the parks without a mask. Thus, the recent re-statement of policy.
There were people on these boards saying they will get a Starbucks and walk around all day so they didn’t have to wear the mask. I’m guessing this is not only a restatement but tightening it up a bit also.

hokielutz

I don't want a guest to walk near me with their mask off because they are sipping water.

There are a lot of situations in life where different people with different perspectives and priorities interact with each other, and there has to be a way to balance the competing interests and make choices. In this case, as a private business, Disney has decided to care more about my safety than your freedom to sip water. That choice will upset some people and make others happy. Other businesses are confronted with the same choice and some are making different decisions. I'll choose not to patronize them.

Let me clarify... I mean while walking along... I unscrew my water bottle, lower my mask, take a sip of water or whatever, then put my mask back on.

Is this really a problem for everyone??? If you think you will be unsafe from this action... then You should stay home.

peter11435

See...and the CDC was wrong again.

But read what I wrote on another post.

Dr. Birx even said....."If Someone Dies With COVID-19 We Are Counting That As A COVID-19 Death"

!
I fail to see why you have such a problem with this. We know the virus can have negative effects on every organ in the body. Unless you can prove that Covid did not contribute to someone’s death why wouldn’t you count it.

Disstevefan1

It also keeps your body from coming in contact with any germs and hurts your body's ability to build up immunity.
That's why constantly using anti-bacterial gel on your hands is not a good thing.
Your body has to build up immunities.

And why aren't we wearing goggles too? Doctors will tell you that a virus can just as easily enter through the eyes.

For , "body's ability to build up immunity." , yea we can go back to normal after we get a hold on COVID.

For, "virus can just as easily enter through the eyes." using masks and distance should do the job.

Someone with a mask on and is three feet from you says, "Lets go on Peter Pan" and they pop their Ps, their spit has to get through the mask and fly three more feet then somehow get into your eye, sneaking around your sunglasses.

Remember, the mask and distance is protecting you, not the other way around.

And, yes, you should be wearing sunglasses when at WDW to block the very harmful UV radiation.

note2001

Let me clarify... I mean while walking along... I unscrew my water bottle, lower my mask, take a sip of water or whatever, then put my mask back on.

Is this really a problem for everyone??? If you think you will be unsafe from this action... then You should stay home.

The problem is not with those who think they will be unsafe from your described action as you are being safe otherwise, but for those cov-idiots who use the walking with a drink in hand as an excuse not to use their mask. These are most likely the same people who will find any little loophole to get together with others and socialize, spreading the virus. Unfortunately Disney must create rules for the lowest common denominator and we are then stuck loosing the ability to take a drink without stepping to the side and stopping first.

The next issue will be these people will stop dead in their tracks to remove their mask and drink while everyone else must navigate around them.

The selfish have a tendency to ruin everything for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom