News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

BromBones

So let me get this straight, it’s greed if they want to make a profit and survive this? Also, note that they are offering disposable masks to those who either don’t have one or has an unapproved face covering. But yes that’s greedy :rolleyes:

I already addressed that in a previous post.

"Disposable" masks...which are paper and will be sweat through and useless in no time thereby prompting guests to buy another mask from Disney.

Disney is all about profit. Again, read my previous post.

Of course I knew people here would rush to Disney's defense. 😂

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I already addressed that in a previous post.

"Disposable" masks...which are paper and will be sweat through and useless in no time thereby prompting guests to buy another mask from Disney.

Disney is all about profit. Again, read my previous post.

Of course I knew people here would rush to Disney's defense. 😂
I guess Disney forces you to buy a mask upon entry. Guess you can’t bring your own either huh? Also I doubt profit margins on the masks will keep them afloat. Yikes you’re way off base here.

BromBones

I guess Disney forces you to buy a mask upon entry. Guess you can’t bring your own either huh? Also I doubt profit margins on the masks will keep them afloat. Yikes you’re way off base here.

You can bring your own food and water too. That doesn't stop Disney from charging $4.00 for a bottle of water and over charging for the food they sell.

Most of Disney's products are made in China or another country outside of the United States for pennies and sold for $19.99 for a pack of 4 ($5.00 each) at ShopDisney.com and at the parks.

If Disney wasn't looking to make money off of masks then why are they that quickly selling nearly 20 different styles of masks?

Disney doesn't need you to protect them. They developed their business model for decades and know how to turn a profit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah sure, so the pre-pandemic maximum capacity is what I found stated online for those parks. Since Disney will not officially release those numbers, it is a ball park estimate, which in hindsight I should have said "estimated figures" on the graphic.

Then in the video I state that the parks will begin with a few thousand and incrementally increase to their 30% controlled capacity over time, as that is what Chapek said in the Earnings Call in May in response to one of the questions. And he said that was the approach they'll be adopting to all park re-openings. So the controlled capacity estimates are just 30% of the max normal capacity.

I did not say that this "new controlled max capacity" was the capacity for re-opening day. Only a few thousand.
All the numbers in that chart are way way out.

I could estimate the Earth is 100 miles from the sun. I’d be way out but could still call it an estimate. And I would be so wrong.

What Chapek said in May has now changed. Greatly. It is now baseless.

DisneyDebRob

You can bring your own food and water too. That doesn't stop Disney from charging $4.00 for a bottle of water and over charging for the food they sell.

Most of Disney's products are made in China or another country outside of the United States for pennies and sold for $19.99 for a pack of 4 ($5.00 each) at ShopDisney.com and at the parks.

If Disney wasn't looking to make money off of masks then why are they that quickly selling nearly 20 different styles of masks?

Disney doesn't need you to protect them. They developed their business model for decades and know how to turn a profit.
Ever been to a ballgame? Ever pay 12 bucks for a bottle of bad beer? 8 dollar hot dogs? Ever been to a concert? Broadway play? I could go on and on with prices of items that are ridiculous.
That’s what businesses do. Don’t fool yourself. Disney isn’t alone in this.
Don’t want a cheap free mask when you enter? Bring your own. If you know it’s going to rain? Pack your own poncho or bring a umbrella. Want water? Bring something that can be filled all day or just ask for a water. There’s ways around a lot of things unlike a ballgame where you can’t bring things in and have to pay those prices.
They are a business and will try to get every penny they can. Fortunately for us we can avoid some of it with a little planning.

peter11435

It's Disney. It has everything to do with money. They are the most commercial company that makes anything possible into merchandise.
Stop giving plastic straws....sell reusable plastic straws.
Require magic bands...automatically start selling custom magic bands.
Stop giving away free magic bands...continue to sell custom magic bands.
It rains, slap a logo on a poncho, sell it for $7.50 - $10
Charge $4.00 for bottled water.

And they lost approximately $1 to $3 million for every day they were closed and are now operating at 50% capacity.
So they have to make that money back and merchandise is the way to go.

And a disposable paper mask that you will sweat in not time is by definition disposable and will have to be replace while you're in the park. And where do you go to get one.....at the store where they sell custom masks.

For anyone to think that Disney, one of the biggest greed machines would not think of a way to make profit off of this...then they are not paying attention...and probably intentionally.
They will obviously try to make money anywhere they reasonably can. That is the point of any business.

Yes, it’s a disposable mask, but they will give you a replacement in the unlikely event that you sweat through it and it becomes unusable.

Sure, some guests may choose to buy a Disney mask after they are told their gaiters are not acceptable. But selling Disney masks was not the reasons for the ban.

Lilofan

Ever been to a ballgame? Ever pay 12 bucks for a bottle of bad beer? 8 dollar hot dogs? Ever been to a concert? Broadway play? I could go on and on with prices of items that are ridiculous.
That’s what businesses do. Don’t fool yourself. Disney isn’t alone in this.
Don’t want a cheap free mask when you enter? Bring your own. If you know it’s going to rain? Pack your own poncho or bring a umbrella. Want water? Bring something that can be filled all day or just ask for a water. There’s ways around a lot of things unlike a ballgame where you can’t bring things in and have to pay those prices.
They are a business and will try to get every penny they can. Fortunately for us we can avoid some of it with a little planning.
Dallas Cowboys stadium parking -$75 per car.

Prince-1

Eliminate Triangle Bandana and Head Gaiters when they are authorized face coverings everywhere else.

Why? So Disney can coerce people to buy more of THEIR face masks.

Disney's Greed is showing.

Or it's for safety reasons but that makes to much sense. Also, since this was announced prior to reopening the parks people have ample time to buy their masks anywhere they want and do not have to spend a dime on Disney masks. But Disney is "coercing" people?!? Lol, yeah. :rolleyes:

Prince-1

Easy answer...don't go. Problem solved! 😄

IveBeenJack

All the numbers in that chart are way way out.

I could estimate the Earth is 100 miles from the sun. I’d be way out but could still call it an estimate. And I would be so wrong.

What Chapek said in May has now changed. Greatly. It is now baseless.

Rest assured, I removed it from the video last night. Thanks for the feedback.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Saw some video of Animal Kingdom over the weekend:

- Modified version of the Up bird show which removes the Up characters. I think I like this version better!
- Kilimanjaro Safari has shields between each row and only one party per row. You ARE allowed to remove your mask during the ride.
- Characters on rafts in the Discovery River.

Mainahman

Saw some video of Animal Kingdom over the weekend:

- Modified version of the Up bird show which removes the Up characters. I think I like this version better!
- Kilimanjaro Safari has shields between each row and only one party per row. You ARE allowed to remove your mask during the ride.
- Characters on rafts in the Discovery River.
Im torn on the characters on boats, as its not as obvious as it is in MK, but then again theres no good way in that park to do it other than boats.. It will be interesting to see in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom