News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

sbunit

Not sure if this has been shared here. I came across it on another forum. Does this mean shows and parades are coming soon?

Attachments

• 104117036_1368236886702775_2556578553278243987_n.jpg
    104117036_1368236886702775_2556578553278243987_n.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 197

Mainahman

If there isn’t really an equivalent option to a family suite in the resorts that will be open maybe they offer 2 rooms at Pop with a connecting door. Isn’t that pretty much the same thing from a size prospective. The 2BR villa at a DVC resort would be big enough too but a costly upgrade. You could also look into moving back a week when AoA opens if that’s possible for your travel plans. Just throwing out ideas...no clue what Disney will actually offer.
Yea thats whats got my head spinning. Im not sure what were supposed to do, wait for them to upgrade us for free, or call and have to pay. We got the suite for the extra room, the bonus would be an actual fridge.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yea thats whats got my head spinning. Im not sure what were supposed to do, wait for them to upgrade us for free, or call and have to pay. We got the suite for the extra room, the bonus would be an actual fridge.
Do you need 6 beds or will 5 work? Some of the DVC 1BR villas sleep 5. At a place like BLT you get a bedroom with a King plus full bath, living room with pullout couch and pull out chair, plus a second full bath and a full kitchen. The cost to upgrade to a 1BR villa would probably be substantial but if they offered you an even swap it would be a good deal for you.

Mainahman

Do you need 6 beds or will 5 work? Some of the DVC 1BR villas sleep 5. At a place like BLT you get a bedroom with a King plus full bath, living room with pullout couch and pull out chair, plus a second full bath and a full kitchen. The cost to upgrade to a 1BR villa would probably be substantial but if they offered you an even swap it would be a good deal for you.
Ill take whatever they want for an even swap :) its 4 of us. The plan of the suite was the extra breathing room, and room for bottled water, food etc. We drive so we take it all with us. My wife and I to one bed, and one bed for each teen.

Mainahman

SO figured after hearing other reports to throw myselves to the wolves. you cant even call disney right now ha! People have taken down the system!

Aries1975

Ill take whatever they want for an even swap :) its 4 of us. The plan of the suite was the extra breathing room, and room for bottled water, food etc. We drive so we take it all with us. My wife and I to one bed, and one bed for each teen.

Not all DVC 1-bedrooms sleep 5 (both a pull-out couch and sleeper-chair). We were surprised when we stayed at Saratoga. Our teens are a boy and a girl and would not share the pull-out. We ended up getting a blow-up mattress from the hotel for an extra $20 per night. Ask questions. Make sure they understand you need to keep the kids separated.

Mainahman

Not all DVC 1-bedrooms sleep 5 (both a pull-out couch and sleeper-chair). We were surprised when we stayed at Saratoga. Our teens are a boy and a girl and would not share the pull-out. We ended up getting a blow-up mattress from the hotel for an extra $20 per night. Ask questions. Make sure they understand you need to keep the kids separated.
Im trying to call to get it sorted now. Im going to go mow the lawn and then give it another try when maybe phone lines are a little easier

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here’s a good site with all that info for DVC rooms. It also has tons of other details for anyone not used to staying in those resorts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Im trying to call to get it sorted now. Im going to go mow the lawn and then give it another try when maybe phone lines are a little easier
Do they have an online chat option? When I cancelled my DVC reservation I was on hold for a while on the phone. I had a follow up question and didn’t want to wait again so I found the online chat for DVC members. The guy fixed my issue easy and it was no wait.

Mainahman

Do they have an online chat option? When I cancelled my DVC reservation I was on hold for a while on the phone. I had a follow up question and didn’t want to wait again so I found the online chat for DVC members. The guy fixed my issue easy and it was no wait.
Nope. Tried chat 3 times. No one has access to the reservation system at all.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nope. Tried chat 3 times. No one has access to the reservation system at all.
Too bad. It worked like a charm for my issue with DVC points but they had full access to the system and the guy actually got his supervisor to approve the fix while I waited. At least you get to hear some fun Disney stuff on hold while you wait :)

Mainahman

Too bad. It worked like a charm for my issue with DVC points but they had full access to the system and the guy actually got his supervisor to approve the fix while I waited. At least you get to hear some fun Disney stuff on hold while you wait :)
I got 2 hours of that today, just to be told by a rather nice lady that I needed reservations. That is just a fast busy.ay not get through Tonight. No biggie if I cant. Could t even get a chat person to tell me where they might move us to.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I got 2 hours of that today, just to be told by a rather nice lady that I needed reservations. That is just a fast busy.ay not get through Tonight. No biggie if I cant. Could t even get a chat person to tell me where they might move us to.
I feel for you...I feel for the poor phone operators too. This is a “goat rodeo” right now. Hopefully when the dust settles most people will be satisfied with their resolution and you have a good story to tell later about planning your Covid Disney trip :) I bailed on my trip but I’m going to be at least a little jealous come August.

Mainahman

I feel for you...I feel for the poor phone operators too. This is a “goat rodeo” right now. Hopefully when the dust settles most people will be satisfied with their resolution and you have a good story to tell later about planning your Covid Disney trip :) I bailed on my trip but I’m going to be at least a little jealous come August.
I finally made it in to the maze for the second time... The first time it hung up on me

Mainahman

I work in customer service. Tier 2 so I'm hardly ever on the phone, but I know how hard thier job is

Mainahman

Got through. I'll need to call back in the morning for a guest services and reservations call to get assigned a new resort. As long as we take what is offered its price protection, and should be a very nice upgrade

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom