News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

PrincessNelly_NJ

RaveOnEd

Disney resort hotel guests can make dining reservations later this week for arrivals beginning June 22
While it's nice to see some movement, I'd like it better if they stopped focusing so much on the period before the parks open and
Man they sure are giving us the smallest bits of news at a time.
I was thinking that they're really focusing on the time period when the parks are closed, and I'm hoping for more info for when the parks are open!

Ravenclaw78

Mobile Dining Check-In comes to My Disney Experience to eliminate podium check-in at restaurants
I hope they keep this permanently! Fighting my way through the crowd of clueless guests milling around in front of the check-in desks is one of my least favorite activities at WDW.

Herdman

One of the more popular podcasts I listen to alluded today to the possiblity that if you were staying for 7 days for example, you might only get to pick one park to go to on one day of your stay. They didn't have any solid basis for this, just speculation. Has anyone heard anything like this? I understand Disney has said you aren't guaranteed a park reservation even though you have a resort reservation and tickets, but to only think you could get in a park on one day of your trip seems really hard to fathom. This would certainly be one way to weed a lot of people out of going if this would be the case.

disneygeek90

One of the more popular podcasts I listen to alluded today to the possiblity that if you were staying for 7 days for example, you might only get to pick one park to go to on one day of your stay. They didn't have any solid basis for this, just speculation. Has anyone heard anything like this? I understand Disney has said you aren't guaranteed a park reservation even though you have a resort reservation and tickets, but to only think you could get in a park on one day of your trip seems really hard to fathom. This would certainly be one way to weed a lot of people out of going if this would be the case.
As far as I can tell, no one knows anything about the reservation system, how difficult it will be to obtain, or how many you can "hold" at once.

FigmentFan82

Jimdalva said:
I just got the e-mail from Disney which said to call. So I called. My 3 nite Boardwalk Inn July 6 thru 9 was changed to Boardwalk Villas , July 17 thru 20. Then they gave me the new total, my confirmed rate of $1163. went UP to $1656. After much polite conversation , they said SORRY nothing they can do. I didn't make the change, and I did not cancel. Im hoping public outcry will get them to change that policy . I won't hold my breath, nor will I cancel till the last minute.

UPDATE; I called again and settled on Old Key West studio for Sept. 14 thru 17, for an additional $112.
I think they want people to cancel. These boards have indicated that Disney would have preferred to open closer to the end of summer. I think they'd rather not be slammed with guests right out of the gate to mitigate any risks etc

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
They haven’t announced, but I’m certain it won’t be that.

icc2515

FYI: if you're staying at a non Disney but official Disney partner hotel like the Waldorf you can link your reservation to MDE as of today. Two days ago you couldn't.
I wonder if people staying at these hotels will get priority like Disney resort guests for reserving park entry. If so there will add a lot of people to mix trying for reservations.

Ben_since_1971

Until it comes directly from Disney, it’s all speculation.

All of the teeth gnashing over the park non-guarantee for resort guests is overblown. Disney probably would like to see smaller numbers for a while so everything can shake out. But they have four parks. Only risk I see is people might (and I do mean might) not be able to get into a desired park, but there are three others with plenty of room. I see it as how they treat closings at Christmas. Reservation system will be a way to control capacity.

No one knows what this will look like. Why not wait until we see what it will be and then we can gnash our teeth and rend our garments to our little heart’s content.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Until it comes directly from Disney, it’s all speculation.
No one knows what this will look like. Why not wait until we see what it will be and then we can gnash our teeth and rend our garments to our little heart’s content.
That’s not how it works around here. People have to endlessly complain about something they’ve never seen.

icc2515

At least at opening, guests staying at Disney resorts will not be given priority for park admission reservations.
Disney did say this. Did it change?

Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and FastPass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservation and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guests who purchased a Disney dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.

Guests who booked Resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
At least at opening, guests staying at Disney resorts will not be given priority for park admission reservations.
Yes, they will. Disney has always stated this, so not sure why you think different. The big question is whether the Disney Springs hotels will get the same priority as Disney owned hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom