News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I remember post 9/11 when they were running only 3 boats in Living with the Land and later, in DCA, running California Screamin with only 2-3 trains. Disney has made it an "art" to play with ride capacity / queue levels. So I will be eager to see when they open, if they are operating at capacity levels to minimize queue times, or if they continue to play games, and there will be long, stretched out, socially distanced queues that still take 30 minutes.
I hate to tell people that’s not gonna Change...no need.

Why clean both sides of space mountain? Or 50 boats on pirates? Or run four trains on rockinroller coaster...

I’m serious...don’t expect them to be “thank you for coming!” When you walk in in a mask. Expect more: “you’re hardcore...so it doesn’t matter”

Last edited:

CLEtoWDW

I have a theory....
This is going to be a very good thing in the long run for Disney Resort guests and AP holders. Hear me out: every business wants to achieve peak customer satisfaction and peak customer profitability. One of the largest gripes of Disney guests recently is “it’s too crowded.” This is Disney’s attempt to make the guest experience best for their most profitable guests. I can see in the post-COVID world that Disney sticks with this reservation attendance system and they transition from a quantity of guest game to a quality of guest game. Purely speculation on my part.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have a theory....
This is going to be a very good thing in the long run for Disney Resort guests and AP holders. Hear me out: every business wants to achieve peak customer satisfaction and peak customer profitability. One of the largest gripes of Disney guests recently is “it’s too crowded.” This is Disney’s attempt to make the guest experience best for their most profitable guests. I can see in the post-COVID world that Disney sticks with this reservation attendance system and they transition from a quantity of guest game to a quality of guest game. Purely speculation on my part.
If this is the best guest experience...I’ll take the old version that was less good :cool:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
TBH at this point I have absolutely no desire to visit under these circumstances. They've shown more willingness to work and attract the millionaires in the NBA and MLS than their loyal guests. Instead of working to rebuild relations with guests and get them to be comfortable traveling again, they've chosen to burn those bridges down by blowing up what worked for them previously. Just wait until they start canceling hotel reservations. (Maybe to house the high paying NBA)

DisneyDebRob

I actually think they don’t want to open at all and have unveiled an “active deterrence” policy. The case can be made.

And I doubt they’re looking for walkons. They’ve been trying to squeeze every cent out of wdw labor since 1994 (that date mean anything to anyone?)...I doubt that’s going to completely reverse now.

I don’t see walk ons...no chance they don’t lose money
This has all the makings of a 25 buck admission, I wouldn’t pay a cent more. But that’s just me.

hopemax

I actually think they don’t want to open at all and have unveiled an “active deterrence” policy. The case can be made.

And I doubt they’re looking for walkons. They’ve been trying to squeeze every cent out of wdw labor since 1994 (that date mean anything to anyone?)...I doubt that’s going to completely reverse now.

I don’t see walk ons...no chance they don’t lose money

April 3rd?

disneygeek90

I think it still depends on what attractions are open. On a normal day (and especially an after hours party) people are doing meet and greets and watching night shows or fireworks or parades. People eating attractions like large shows could also be on hold. When you take all that away plus limit dining and shopping capacity a lot of people who would not be in line for rides on a normal day could be. That could level out some of the gains from lower capacity. The 15,000 number probably won’t last long either. They will ramp that up as fast as they can. I think for Shanghai they said they were hoping to ramp up a few thousand extra people a week. Not trying to pee in anyone’s Cheerios, but there’s no guarantee that the low capacity results in some utopian theme park experience where everything is a walk on all day. Especially not at a park like DHS where there won’t be a whole lot of things to do compared to MK.
Stick me in Batuu and Baseline Taphouse for the whole day and I'll be content 😆

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I have a theory....

The fallacy is that you assume Disney wanted the parks less crowded, they want them as packed as possible. Proof is in how they handle the upcharges, look at the party nights which are more and more crowded.

Short term, this kills guest satisfaction. Forget about all the restrictions and cuts for a minute, but imagine spending all that time planning and reserving dining reservations, fast passes, etc. (something that Disney created and burdened the guest with) only to replace it with the uncertainty of first come first serve. I can't think of any guest who would enjoy that. The few remaining guests that are willing to travel, or are DVC/AP/Parks Fans would probably say just screw it. I know I'm at that point.

R W B

Well the was unexpected news, at least for me anyway.
It hasn't technically been approved by the state. Disney have been careful on the language they are using at this point.
I wonder why it hasn't been approved yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Gov sign off on Universal's plan within a few hours of submitting it?

DisneyDebRob

He’ll sign it. What choice does he have? If he doesn’t approve they can’t open until even later.
Agreed. There’s to much pressure for him not to sign it. It’s a done deal. With all the state’s opening up, whether you or anyone consider its to early or we should wait longer,he needs to let the world know Disney is back open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom