News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

Has anyone tried to modify their resort? I tried and about half the resorts showed up as available. I'm at CSR tower and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get booted for the NBA. I'm sure they just didn't decide to do this today, but I also now how glitchy their system is.
I'm not going to lie I'm a little worried about where I might get moved to.

the_rich

Has anyone tried to modify their resort? I tried and about half the resorts showed up as available. I'm at CSR tower and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get booted for the NBA. I'm sure they just didn't decide to do this today, but I also now how glitchy their system is.
I'm not going to lie I'm a little worried about where I might get moved to.
I just checked mine, I'm at the akl. They were showing availability at most deluxe and villas. Except for contemporary, yacht and boardwalk. None of the mods or values were showing up. So maybe they are only gonna open up the deluxe resorts to start. Not sure.

Disney4family

Put half of the tables on the ceiling.
1590632414552.png

PeoplemoverTTA

I’m booked at the Dolphin 7/14-16, and planned on purchasing a 1-day hopper to visit the parks on 7/15. I only booked my hotel last week and planned on purchasing my park ticket this week, however, now ticket sales are on hold.

I have a hotel reservation without a park ticket now, which is causing some anxiety. Do you think I screwed myself by waiting to purchase my ticket? Any ideas on what I should do?

I think you can still buy tickets at Undercover Tourist?

mickeymiss

I'd be surprised if they cancelled any of their resort guests. The last time I checked my dates there was a lot of availability. I'm wondering what they are going to do with the offsite guests.

I've been sad all day because I strongly predict being bumped out of our reservation in August. We were planning to book right before the shut down but waited until late April. We carefully selected August because it felt at the time like a realistic goal. We didn't even have it fully paid for so we will be the first to bump if they have an overabundance of reservations. My husband checked our resort for openings before the meeting to see and they were showing availabilities. I feel like that is very misleading and is going to cause more frustration among the already sad cancellations. I'm leaning towards a UO switch since it will have a couple months under its belt by August.

Gearbm95

Those that are still planning on going in July....
How do you justify paying thousands of dollars for roughly 60% of the “normal” Disney experience? I’m genuinely curious to see some replies.

My trip is costing me $84/night (Marriott employee rate) at Dolphin (2 nights) and a 1 day park hopper is roughly $200. I budget $150 to spend in the park...my total trip, including flight, is costing me less than $600 from July 14-16. Renting a car and going down to South Beach for a few days as well after.

Also, people referring to the 14 day quarantine for those from NY. I don’t think this is being enforced at all, I just flew down to visit my parents for Memorial Day weekend from NY to Tampa and didn’t have to quarantine and heard nothing about this at the airport.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t know if this was the right or wrong move but I can’t help but to wonder why they couldn’t just go the route if the MLB and fly balls. Back of the ticket says, you might be smoked by a line drive and we aren’t responsible. Why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?

Because employees shouldn't be forced to accept that risk. WDW and the union are protecting the employees.

If anyone thinks this won't be enforced, you'll have CMs and their union reps after Disney management about the employees being put at risk if it isn't enforced.

JusticeDisney

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but who in the hell would want to be at a DVC resort when literally every park is closed and all non-DVC resorts are closed? What the heck would there even be to do? Where would you eat? What would you do for entertainment? I‘m sorry, but it will be utterly unforgivable if WDW screws over people with DVC bookings between 6/22 and 7/11.

the_rich

If we were in the situation where we had to still go, but water parks were closed, would we get the water park+ option of our tickets refunded?
Only speculation on my part. But if they aren't opening the water parks or allowing park hopping then they would have to refund that.

arich35

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but who in the hell would want to be at a DVC resort when literally every park is closed and all non-DVC resorts are closed? What the heck would there even be to do? Where would you eat? What would you do for entertainment? I‘m sorry, but it will be utterly unforgivable if WDW screws over people with DVC bookings between 6/22 and 7/11.

why would you stay at any hotel without WDW? Universal is open, Sea World is open, Disney Springs is open. I'm sure other restaurants will be open in the Orlando area.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

By opening DVC on 6/22 it allows them to clear three weeks worth of points from the reservation systems. Anyone telling you different is lying. They can not afford to continue to allow unused points that will be bankable to build up. There is already a disaster brewing that gets bigger by the minute with the unused points already in the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom