News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Miss Bella

I would like to think people won’t be obnoxious if it’s a kid but even adults can have issues in the heat. I also didn’t like that they mentioned turning water features off. People will need more places to cool off not less. Especially if you can’t always get into a store with AC depending on if the store is at capacity and there’s a line.
I thought it funny Universal said they were turning off water features because they don't know how the virus spreads with water, but they have the water park open.

jensenrick

I think they’ll have a more difficult time getting the business back...

But as far as “weird”...cruise ships have a head start on sanitizing because of their long and very public battles with noroviruses.

The problem with ships is the ability to “separate” if something happened. That’s tough. Not as hard on the ground.

Not to mention dealing with all the ports that don't want anyone coming around, especially if there is even a whiff of someone on board having Covid19

ToTBellHop

I thought it funny Universal said they were turning off water features because they don't know how the virus spreads with water, but they have the water park open.
Universal rides have random sprayers that are surprisingly effective. If they want you to wear a mask on One Fish, Two Fish, they have to turn sprayers off. They won’t expect masks on water slides or Ripsaw Falls.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wouldn’t be worried about the water nearly as much as other people.

The water park thing is a joke. They want you to wear a mask when you are there except when on a slide or in the pool. Literally nobody will do that. Just say no masks at the water park.

Miss Bella

Universal rides have random sprayers that are surprisingly effective. If they want you to wear a mask on One Fish, Two Fish, they have to turn sprayers off. They won’t expect masks on water slides or Ripsaw Falls.
There's probably a 90% it will rain every afternoon. Wet masks are going to be a thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They said they have a new reservation system to switch over to. I guess guests will reserve a park. I wonder if fast passes plus will exist.
Good question. Some of the early rumors said they would have no FP and everyone would just use virtual boarding groups. I don’t see that happening but who knows. I think they will use a combo of FP reservations and virtual queues for some rides that get longer waits.

ToTBellHop

Good question. Some of the early rumors said they would have no FP and everyone would just use virtual boarding groups. I don’t see that happening but who knows. I think they will use a combo of FP reservations and virtual queues for some rides that get longer waits.
It’s worthwhile to use FP just for more space for guests. But those queues are quite short. So there wouldn’t be much FP capacity available...

PolynesianPrincess

I would just wait a few days, when people hear about masks and reduced entertainment, they’ll cancel and thing will open up. Most of us here are regular Disney-ers and we aren’t as fazed but folks going on their one in a life time Disney trip don’t want to do it in less than ideal conditions.

It's not that they're full it's that they've put all booking on hold right now. I imagine they are trying to gauge what capacity they're at for the next few months before they open new booking up. If they're starting with low capacity, they'll need to make sure they haven't overbooked packages, etc...

the_rich

Cancellations will likely be in reverse order of bookings. Last booked is first to get cancelled. I would assume they do that for ADRs as well.
Yea they could cancel it. But I'm willing to go even with the restrictions and if they do cancel it they'll probably offer a discount to reschedule. So either way I'm happy.

jensenrick

What I want to know is- what happened to "Epcot and Studios first" that someone was presenting as the new plan just a few days ago.

Now it's the complete opposite? And seems like the Skyliner will be on hold until the back up parks open?

Miss Bella

Yea they could cancel it. But I'm willing to go even with the restrictions and if they do cancel it they'll probably offer a discount to reschedule. So either way I'm happy.
I'd be surprised if they cancelled any of their resort guests. The last time I checked my dates there was a lot of availability. I'm wondering what they are going to do with the offsite guests.

the_rich

I'd be surprised if they cancelled any of their resort guests. The last time I checked my dates there was a lot of availability. I'm wondering what they are going to do with the offsite guests.
I have a trip to Disneyland in August as well so I'm waiting to see what happens there too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom