News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

rudyjr13

Does this mean I'm pretty much locked in with the November 7th 2020 points I bought through DVC Rental Store? In other words, the owner I rented from cannot change/delay since it's outside Disney's window of extended points.

"April, June and now August, September and October 2019 Use Year points that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for reservations during the closure period will be extended for one year from the current expiration date."

Miss Bella

Yeah...I have more interesting stuff next year...I was going to “squeeze” in an AP this year...

Just can’t see the benefit/value in it now...even though I’m sure stir crazy enough to travel and that will get worse.

I actually think cruiseships are more appealing...when with their “issues”
If I didn’t have tickets I probably wouldn’t go. I’d rather cruise if it was available. I have a feeling the cruise experience is going to be even weirder than WDW when they resume.

SpoiledBlueMilk

As I said, my position is not "Disney should have reopened with no restrictions even if they think it's unsafe." My position is that "Disney should not be opening at all until they believe that it's safe because these measures are theater. If it's not safe enough to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask on, then it's not safe enough to open the parks, period."

What they're doing is fake. They think it's safe and that's why they're reopening, but they're playing along with the charade to score political points.
They need to open the parks. These measures will enable them to open the parks. It's really that simple. You can call it safety theater all you want, but state and local government and the controlling business interests in Orlando have deemed the steps necessary. Also, there might be a time soon where it is safe to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask. Then add in a hundred or a thousand people from outside of Florida where it is unsafe to walk around outside without a mask. Result - it's not safe to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask.

ThatMouse

As I said, my position is not "Disney should have reopened with no restrictions even if they think it's unsafe." My position is that "Disney should not be opening at all until they believe that it's safe because these measures are theater. If it's not safe enough to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask on, then it's not safe enough to open the parks, period."

What they're doing is fake. They think it's safe and that's why they're reopening, but they're playing along with the charade to score political points.

I agree with you 100%! Most people are just going to assume the government is looking out for people, and I don't think that's the case. It's just normal business people making this stuff up. I don't think any MD would recommend going to Disney. I also think it's a free country though and if people want to risk it, go for it. Just don't kid yourself because it's Disney. Your chances of getting sick increase by a lot!

This website needs two threads: "How safe is it to go" and "How to plan your COVID DIsney trip" because you are not going to convince half these people it's not safe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I didn’t have tickets I probably wouldn’t go. I’d rather cruise if it was available. I have a feeling the cruise experience is going to be even weirder than WDW when they resume.
I think they’ll have a more difficult time getting the business back...

But as far as “weird”...cruise ships have a head start on sanitizing because of their long and very public battles with noroviruses.

The problem with ships is the ability to “separate” if something happened. That’s tough. Not as hard on the ground.

Last edited:

tfc3rid

I'm glad there is a plan in place. I'm fine with wearing of facial coverings as I think it keeps others safe from you and also provides a psychological component to making others feel better. So I think that CM's will do the best they can. I have a few night DVC stay at the Polynesian in late July and plan on coming down from ATL.

I think people in their given locales should continue to follow what your governments are saying. If you are in the high risks groups (over 60 years old, comorbidities, etc.), then you more than likely should stay home... Based on the data we have available, we are seeing the demographics where the vast majority of deaths are now occurring, and can adapt to that.

Is it ever 100% safe? No. Never was. However, if SARS2 acts like SARS 1 did back in 2003, we will continue to see that UV radiation from the sun, hot temperatures, and humidity will help to degrade the transmissibility of the virus. Hopefully, we can contain any pockets going forward as we learn more about treatments that might work.

Gravydeen

Havent heard specifically, but to me it seems quite easy. One party per car, hand sanitizer on your way in, and on your way out. but they did blanket and say that monrails and ferries and other theme park transportation will open at some capacity with parks.
I guess I read "monorails and ferries" but did not see it say "and other theme park transportation".

rudyjr13

They need to open the parks. These measures will enable them to open the parks. It's really that simple. You can call it safety theater all you want, but state and local government and the controlling business interests in Orlando have deemed the steps necessary. Also, there might be a time soon where it is safe to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask. Then add in a hundred or a thousand people from outside of Florida where it is unsafe to walk around outside without a mask. Result - it's not safe to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask.

Also no one HAS to go to a theme park. I wouldn’t go in July but that’s just me.

Miss Bella

I agree with you 100%! Most people are just going to assume the government is looking out for people, and I don't think that's the case. It's just normal business people making this stuff up. I don't think any MD would recommend going to Disney. I also think it's a free country though and if people want to risk it, go for it. Just don't kid yourself because it's Disney. Your chances of getting sick increase by a lot!

This website needs two threads: "How safe is it to go" and "How to plan your COVID DIsney trip" because you are not going to convince half these people it's not safe.
I know some Doctors that are going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom