News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the DVC e-mail:
Physical distancing at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers and other public areas, including reducing capacity where appropriate

I may be reading into this and it may apply more to restaurants, but if they reduce capacity at pools does that mean there’s a possibility that guests will be told the pool is full and to come back later? That’s not going to play too well in July and August when you just spent a few hours in a mask at a theme park :rolleyes::(

Seanual757

Yes... Additionally, some dining locations are not going to be open even though the host resort maybe..

Pretty sure the quick service will be opening at all of the DVC resorts will be interesting to say the least.

The good news is as things go they can go and adjust further openings later this summer.

Hcalvert

Those that are still planning on going in July....
How do you justify paying thousands of dollars for roughly 60% of the “normal” Disney experience? I’m genuinely curious to see some replies.
Today, I book the AKL room for $200/night from a reliable owner I had a June trip booked from (since last July 2019) and the Poly part was a rebook from March and the owner (different one) was not going to refund my money regardless--so choose not to go and be out of money or just go and at least put use to the money I spent were my options.

Last edited:

Mainahman

So nothing said yet about the Skyliner??
Havent heard specifically, but to me it seems quite easy. One party per car, hand sanitizer on your way in, and on your way out. but they did blanket and say that monrails and ferries and other theme park transportation will open at some capacity with parks.

SpoiledBlueMilk

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.
When the entire economy is shifting to this model - cashless wherever possible, social distancing, limited events that pack people in, you can't expect Disney to go off on a tangent. These seem like the basic list of things necessary to reopen.

Yes... Additionally, some dining locations are not going to be open even though the host resort maybe..
That would certainly make sense since a fair amount of dining options are 3rd party in resorts now and perhaps they may just not want to open some due to lack of demand or cost perhaps.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Same here. I'm sure they'll have enough fanatics to fill it up in the short term, but assuming these requirements remain in place until sometime next year, I wonder how will attendance will look.
I do hope it's down in December just so I can have some elbow room.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I got an e-mail from touringplans showing the MK hours in August changing to closing at 7PM each night. I am assuming that’s just an estimate or did Disney release something about hours?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No way man. Texas is booming !! Restaurants crowded. People are ready!! Isn’t that exciting?!
I can't tell which direction your sarcasm is pointed, but Texas doesn't have a universal mandate requiring face coverings and six foot distancing in all public places.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When you thought WDW was going to open right away, you mocked people who said Disney would wait and see to July and August...

But,... but... Disney was going to wisely wait and learn from Universals mistakes, and then open in July or August!

Now that WDW is actually going to open up in mid-July, instead of feeling shame for being so wrong, you mock those who said WDW was going to open in 2021 (which was mostly Wall Street analysts on the web).

So, Epcot NOT closed until 2021, WDW NOT closed for months more. Imagine that.

The only thing I’m waiting for is how masks are enforced at the different parks.

Any reports of the maskless being led out by the Mickey Police at DE?

So, basically, your just here to troll.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Mask will be issue with Excess CO2 building as you wear a mask as will Hypercapnia!! Face Coverings in the FLORIDA SUN with HEAT and HUMIDITY will be Sweat Rags that Breed Infections and Skin Issues!! Masks will be ovens!! Relief areas will not cut it!! When people start passing out due to the increase of CO2 Disney will have problems with people passing out, headaches and more!! The body expels CO2 when Exhaling and any Mask or Covering limits the release and the CO2 returns into Body as it builds over an 6 to 8 to more Hour Day in the FLORIDA SUN and HEAT it will not be pretty! Disney Springs is not MK or EPCOT!! Masks should be optional because COVID is basically killed in the Sun in about 60 secs...The PARTICLES people speak of when in HIGH HUMIDITY are ABSORBED and weighed down which makes COVID in the FLORIDA SUN and HUMIDITY extremely difficult to pass and survive!! Universal Volcano Bay will not require MASKS I think because of the IN and OUT of WATER!! Volcano Bay will do extremely well!! Disney will have to look to Open Blizzard Bleach and Typhoon Lagoon ASAP!! The Resorts should open!! Hotels are OPEN ALL OVER FLORIDA and there is no reason Disney cannot Manage!! Universal will be out shortly with HOTEL PLANS as well!

What a clever parody of all those hysterical posts we've been seeing about masks!!!

Or... wait... is this...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
When the entire economy is shifting to this model - cashless wherever possible, social distancing, limited events that pack people in, you can't expect Disney to go off on a tangent. These seem like the basic list of things necessary to reopen.
As I said, my position is not "Disney should have reopened with no restrictions even if they think it's unsafe." My position is that "Disney should not be opening at all until they believe that it's safe because these measures are theater. If it's not safe enough to walk around outside in the Florida sunshine without a mask on, then it's not safe enough to open the parks, period."

What they're doing is fake. They think it's safe and that's why they're reopening, but they're playing along with the charade to score political points.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
A few other things to remember here. First, masks will get very sweaty quickly, and once damp will harbor bacteria, which can cause other infections. I don’t think Disney really wants that to happen either. My bet is they expect to be able to cancel the mask requirement before or shortly after they reopen.

A cloth against your body all day in the Florida heat gets all sweaty and harbors bacteria which causes infections?!!!

Next time, I'm going to Disney naked!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom