News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

EpcotCenter82

On the Walt Disney World website:

Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.

Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15. Disney Springs has begun a phased reopening. Upon reopening, theme parks, Disney Resort Hotels, restaurants and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure

natatomic

Oh come on, resorts and theme parks are in the same family. Other theme parks are requiring masks on property at all times too so why are you just pertaining to Disney World resort? It's only Fun Spot where masks are optional cause clearly they can't scare away people cause that place needs foot traffic.

I’m not the one who made the original point, but Legoland isn’t requiring masks, so maybe that’s what they’re thinking about?

Since the other thread was closed before I could get this in I’d like to congratulate the 286 other posters who also picked July in the poll. This proves (at least in my case) that a broken clock really is right twice a day ;););)

edit: I expect to see at least 286 likes on this post :cool:
Yikes, I went with May. Not even close.

Seanual757

Resorts are out. Keep them closed. And Florida residents and annual pass holders should get first dips on advance reservation.

Not fair for those locals who are staying at resorts. Disney is still going to rely on guests (Local) to fill the rooms so excluding resorts makes zero sense.

Same with DVC owners who are local.

The good news is we finally have a date and YES I was wrong twice with my 6/6 and 7/1.

The unknowns are long Resorts, water parks, dining (character), DVC, APH. I still believe and I said two months ago they should give priority to resort guests for the first few weeks as a way to track them and work out the kinks. I am sure in the coming days and week more information from Disney will come out.

I am really surprised it seems they really did not have a plan I fully expect a detailed laid out plan for re-opening. All of this time off and they came up with a very limited opening menu.

deeevo

Orlando doesn't get 115 heat index cmon lol. So much complaining about something that isn't even an issue.

Kissimmee July 2019. Might not be 115 but its very, very hot.

1590596486146.png

1590596448516.png

1590596467182.png

MouseBrayden

Does anyone know what an "affinity soft opening preview day" is? Is that Club 33, AP's, DVC, etc? Something else? Ops mentioned it in the presentation

59:35 for clip

Giss Neric

But the managers what?

So like I expected, no real enforcement, and those not wearing will be much greater at the parks, since most will be drinking constantly, and much hotter than shoppers are now.
Managers are the ones who handles disobeying guests. It's hard cause they don't want to cause a scene and you can't really predict how a person behaves. Some are cool with it but some are easily offended and short tempered. It's a case to case basis but overall it's not a real problem. Pandemic or not, people are always disobeying rules anyways.

Rider

Per previous announcements, your pass will be extended from its original expiration date by the total number of days the parks were closed. Now that we know the opening dates, they'll be able to finalize the program code and schedule the update to everyone's expiration dates. Once they do that, the new expiration date will show in your MDE profile.

Every AP needs to keep in mind that an extension may NOT be the defult option for their pass. If you pay monthly your pass will NOT be extended unless you call Disney.

Capture.PNG

Bill in Atlanta

People may be "over" the virus, but the virus isn't over us. This isn't going anywhere anytime soon and Orange County is aware that numbers aren't exactly declining significantly in the area.
At some point though, the restrictions are only as good as the public's general sense of things. Sentiment has to somewhat match policy. And just from personal experience (your mileage my vary), being out in public and also traveling a bit, it feels to me like many people are already back to normal, a trend which will likely continue between now & July 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom