News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Mainahman

they need to tell us within a reasonable amount of time, when the halloween party will be cancelled. thats the only reason im keeping my august reservations at this point. seems like a horrible guest experience to be frank.

Giss Neric

My heart just stopped when I heard temporary suspension of parades, fireworks and character meet and greets. I already anticipated this will happen but it still hurts.

I hope all major attractions are going to open.

I also liked that Disney went on July and not rushing and pressured by Universal and Sea World opening in June.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a real feel of 97 degrees right now. Clearly that person doesn't live here. They also forgetting July to September humidity.
You have to assume a 108 index in July, August, September...and you’re kinda lucky if it’s lower.
Same here. I'm sure they'll have enough fanatics to fill it up in the short term, but assuming these requirements remain in place until sometime next year, I wonder how will attendance will look.
Universal will be telling...

But I think the reality will be an initial surge that will quickly fall off as the realities of travel difficulties in the new era becomes apparent.

They’re not opening to give Florida residents something to casually do...which means out of state travel has to be there and there are a lot of headwinds against that now.

Last edited:

Mainahman

Noted. However, I was hoping for a little more from Disney.
us too. We have a ton of questions. Is fastpass still a thing? do i need to get up to get them next month? will you cancel the halloween party in august? when will you tell me so i can rebook? will my hotel pool be open and useable, or should i start driving later on arrival day? i know i call, cast knows nothing,yet and cant help me.

Bill in Atlanta

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.
Very anecdotal, but based on being out & about, traveling to Pensacola Beach last weekend ... I just get the sense that people are pretty much over the whole virus thing. The "mood" of the moment seems to have really shifted. I would expect by mid-July it will be very much in the rear-view mirror for most people.

All that to say, I think there's a very real chance some of the restrictions (including face coverings) may not even survive to July 11.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Bus transport was listed as having reduced capacity in the physical distancing section for guests. But, lots of details missing...
I was thinking about how that correlates with reducing resort capacity. If a resort isn’t limited but the buses are will they just run a lot more buses or will there be a huge wait. Lots to consider for people thinking about going.

Álvaro

In my case, from Spain, I don´t know if we will able to entry in the US from Europe, and in the event of we can, we have 2 tickets for 2 days from 31 agoust and 1 september.

How can we make the reservation to be able to enter the park? Any priority for who already have the tickets?

The problem of my trip is it would be a trip to the caribbean sea, new york and disney, so if I want to cancel disney, I will lose a lot ot money

Leahbobeah

We have had reservations at Saratoga Springs for 10/17-10/24 since last November. Wonder what this means for us and all of the other people that booked their trips 11 months (or so) in advance?

Touchdown

I suspect some resorts will open in July, and just because they aren’t opening until July does not mean Halloween won’t happen. I think it means August Halloween Parties won’t happen, as if numbers continue to trend down they will first roll out daytime shows and then spectaculars and I suspect they will want sometime with nightly shows before restricting HEA. But I still think there is a chance MNSSHP will happen in late Sept.

Giss Neric

No meet and greets, no playgrounds, no parades, no fireworks, plexiglass at every cash register, mandatory face coverings "while on property," which would seem to include parking lots and every other place.

This sounds like a miserable guest experience. I know it was expected but I'm disappointed. IMO, you just don't open if this is the only way you think you can do it safely.
Noted. However, I was hoping for a little more from Disney.
I don't think all participants in that zoom meeting won't be interested going into full details that are not really necessary cause they are not the ones going. That's why all discussed was generalized.

jmp85

We're cancelling our September reservations after this announcement. If they're requiring masks and cancelling entertainment/fireworks with a mid July opening we just don't see the parks being even remotely close to normal by September. We were okay with a few differences but this doesn't seem worth it for the price we paid.

Sadly cancelling our September reservation as well. Have one for December as well, but I don't imagine we'll keep it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom