News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

drizgirl

Of course, they’d prefer hugs and autographs too but they can’t happen either. Probably prefer talking Mickey back too but that’s not going to happen. And as I said before Mickey can meet a lot more people inside than he can outside.

Maskless photos, hugs etc will come back eventually, reopening these indoor meet and greets is a small step towards that.
But we're not talking about hugs and autographs yet. We're talking about distanced meets. Like they are doing with other characters around the parks already. Outdoors right now you can take the photos without masks. That's all I'm saying, so please don't make me a strawman for other issues.

wdrive

But we're not talking about hugs and autographs yet. We're talking about distanced meets. Like they are doing with other characters around the parks already. Outdoors right now you can take the photos without masks. That's all I'm saying, so please don't make me a strawman for other issues.

Of course but they probably want the capacity of the indoor meet and greet. I only brought up the other things because you said people would prefer maskless photos and I’m not arguing with that. I get that it isn’t ideal but not a lot has been ideal over the past 1.5 years. I think we should be happy when things creep back to normal not annoyed they aren’t fully normal again.

GimpYancIent

Of course but they probably want the capacity of the indoor meet and greet. I only brought up the other things because you said people would prefer maskless photos and I’m not arguing with that. I get that it isn’t ideal but not a lot has been ideal over the past 1.5 years. I think we should be happy when things creep back to normal not annoyed they aren’t fully normal again.
What will the upcharge be for "normal", this is just a tease (appreciated) but just a tease.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Without literally spelling it out, you understand why the capacity for an indoor meet and greet is much higher than an outdoor meet and greet with the same character, right?

That’s not a straw man argument.

drizgirl

Without literally spelling it out, you understand why the capacity for an indoor meet and greet is much higher than an outdoor meet and greet with the same character, right?

That’s not a straw man argument.
Yes I get it. But it's a catch 22 since this format moves so much faster and has much less demand. With wait times the way they are, I'd be surprised if they're running extra capacity right now anyway.

VJ

Yes. I’ve said this too, but even that is ridiculous. Dreamlights returns to Tokyo next month.
disney knows if they bring back parades before verriest merriest or whatever it is, no one will spend the money to go to the event

plus it's cheaper just not to run parades

wdrive

Yes I get it. But it's a catch 22 since this format moves so much faster and has much less demand. With wait times the way they are, I'd be surprised if they're running extra capacity right now anyway.

Indoor meet and greets have less demand? I’m not sure where you’re getting this from.

wdrive

Not indoor meet and greets. THESE indoor meet and greets. The ones that aren't even called meet and greets, but have been named "sightings" because the interaction is less and you can only do a distanced photo. Mickey right now has a 10 minute wait.

I’m not sure what you want outside of ignoring all Covid protocol. It’s probably only 10 minutes because it’s at this location. The interaction is going to be the same whether indoors or outdoors.

Last edited:

drizgirl

I’m not sure what you want outside of ignoring all Covid protocol. It’s probably only 10 minutes because it’s at this location.
Who said I want to ignore Covid protocols? They're doing the outdoor distanced "sightings" in plenty of other locations throughout the parks.

wdrive

Who said I want to ignore Covid protocols? They're doing the outdoor distanced "sightings" in plenty of other locations throughout the parks.

Your post seemed to suggest that you weren’t too keen on these indoor meet and greets in their current state.
They are doing plenty of outdoor meet and greets I’ve never argued against that, as I’ve said numerous times the indoor meet and greets have a way higher capacity. I’d say having Mickey and the Princesses back indoors is generally good for guests. Isn’t Mickey still outdoors at DHS? Feel free to see him there and take your photo without a mask.

These indoor locations opening with masks is most likely the first step in them reopening with no masks and full meet and greets in these locations.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

'Mickey Mouse Master Magician' banners return to Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom​

Town-Square-Exposition-Hall_Full_45562.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom