News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

ToTBellHop

I don't disagree, and in this case it's not a staffing issue. There's lots of entertainment cast still displaced just waiting to be called back to their regular jobs.
It’s insane. WDW has the demand and the cast in this case. I’m not terribly critical of this company, but this is appalling cheapness. Are they unaware of what their sister resorts are doing? Outdoor parades are perfectly-safe during covid and please many guests for a good hour. The downside is…what?

I’d imagine Chapek threw a more lavish 50th for himself than he is for WDW. The Magic may be calling but it’s been stuck on hold for awhile.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It’s insane. WDW has the demand and the cast in this case. I’m not terribly critical of this company, but this is appalling cheapness. Are they unaware of what their sister resorts are doing? Outdoor parades are perfectly-safe during covid and please many guests for a good hour. The downside is…what?

I’d imagine Chapek threw a more lavish 50th for himself than he is for WDW. The Magic may be calling but it’s been stuck on hold for awhile.
There's no way to monetize a parade.

And I'm not usually very critical of them, either, but this is like peak Ebeneezer Scrooge.

jrhwdw

If it re-debuted Christmas or New Years week that would be fine with me.
Should be very interesting to see what happens right after the last Merriest AH. Will MK all of the sudden be back to normal? With MOUACT/Minnie's/new Castle Show like pre COVID with no Cal. except for the 50th Cal and maybe Enchantment?? Saw that MK is open till Midnight on Dec 30-31st..looks like a normal MK NYE to me!

Then Jan 1, does MK go back to the COVID ways or get FOF and more Entertainment(if we don't get additional returns before 2022)ASAP?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
7DD5665A-85CE-404C-92A7-A56BAE3E60DD.jpeg

601C415A-6DD5-4F1D-8F8B-92E55D12E8DD.jpeg

mm52200

Masks, no pictures, no photopass... Bob Chapek is horrible.
Yes Bob Chapek clearly dictated the minute specifics of how the operations of a character venue in WDW would operate.

Face coverings are still required indoors, there’s no space with the distancing for photopass currently.
Not sure what you want them to do. These are the circumstances currently.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes Bob Chapek clearly dictated the minute specifics of how the operations of a character venue in WDW would operate.

Face coverings are still required indoors, there’s no space with the distancing for photopass currently.
Give it a few days.

drizgirl

Then..... um...... maybe for now they should have set this up outdoors.

drizgirl

Where exactly? Mickey can meet a lot more people at this location than he can outdoors.
If you don’t want a photo with a mask no one is forcing you to go in
Anywhere in Town Square where they used to do outdoor character meets.

It's not that people don't want a photo with a mask. And I think you know that. It's that they would prefer one without.

wdrive

Anywhere in Town Square where they used to do outdoor character meets.

It's not that people don't want a photo with a mask. And I think you know that. It's that they would prefer one without.

Of course, they’d prefer hugs and autographs too but they can’t happen either. Probably prefer talking Mickey back too but that’s not going to happen. And as I said before Mickey can meet a lot more people inside than he can outside.

Maskless photos, hugs etc will come back eventually, reopening these indoor meet and greets is a small step towards that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom