News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

Waters Back Side

I mean...I guess it's a move in the direction of pre pandemic character meets, but I cannot see modified M&Gs generating much interest. I know nobody in my family is gonna want to get a photo with a character without standing next to them and interacting/getting an autograph. I agree sounds like damage control.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
All of these changes are being approved because they anticipate a removal of mask rules by spring. Can’t speak for planes, of course. No contacts in the federal gov’t lol
Spring?

brave-merida.gif

Kamikaze

This seems silly to open back up M+Ggs, and keep them socially distant. Either keep the calvacades/distance meets, or don't do it at all. Especially since younger kids can't be vaccinated. I feel bad for all those cast members (entertainment + character attendants) that are going to be forced to enforce the social distance. I'm having trouble seeing this go any way but terribly.
Gets people into lines and out of the walkways, and/or using G+.

Waters Back Side

Gets people into lines and out of the walkways, and/or using G+.

Not if the high majority do not bother until they are back to normal and not modified.

Same applies to character dining. 42 dollars at Topolinos with characters waiving from a distance is not worth the same as characters coming to the tables and signing autos and hugs etc.

mikejs78

Premium Member
This seems silly to open back up M+Ggs, and keep them socially distant. Either keep the calvacades/distance meets, or don't do it at all. Especially since younger kids can't be vaccinated. I feel bad for all those cast members (entertainment + character attendants) that are going to be forced to enforce the social distance. I'm having trouble seeing this go any way but terribly.

But you’ll be able to book characters with Genie+, now!

It won’t actually stay in this format very long…

Kids 5-12 will be able to be vaccinated by the end of the month. Kids 6 months to 2 years by the end of the year. By spring, everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to have one - and I suspect it's when the restrictions will all be gone.

ToTBellHop

Kids 5-12 will be able to be vaccinated by the end of the month. Kids 6 months to 2 years by the end of the year. By spring, everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to have one - and I suspect it's when the restrictions will all be gone.
I’ve heard 5-12 may slip to November, but yes. As respiratory illness season ends in early Spring, I suspect restrictions end. At the latest.

Magic Feather

Just about every international resort has been doing this M&G system since reopening. At this point, it feels too little too late with bringing back this M&G system that could have been done since the beginning. Admittedly though, I'd be willing to let the majority of M&G's stay dead, so I might not be the best judge of the rollout.

daringstoic

It's nice that they're bringing things closer to normal, but I'd rather keep the outdoor selfie spots than indoor ones so you can at least see your smiles. We took photos with Minnie and Mickey at Epcot a few days ago very similar to the sample pic, but we didn't have to wear masks outside. Why would anyone choose the indoor option you have to wait in line for with a mask on?

dreday3

I was thrilled to hear from Stephan Mikes that he will indeed be coming back on sitar in Chakranadi. Hard to believe his last show was in 2018. Unfortunately he wont be accompanied by tabla drums this time but I am beyond thankful to have him return to Anandapur solo. He brings so much heart to the area.

I just teared up reading some of the music that will be back at Animal Kingdom next week.
Seriously, I'm overjoyed. It's such a big part of why we love AK so much. :)

mattpeto

While it wasn't announced, I'd be pretty shocked if Adventures Outpost doesn't launch day 1 for M&Gs. They even upgraded their signage a week or two ago to include Lightning Lane. Animal Kingdom needs all the help they can get, plus that was probably 4th best from a FP situation (FoP or Navi, KS, and EE).

Also Launch Bay - it's time to add Mando and Grogu.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just about every international resort has been doing this M&G system since reopening. At this point, it feels too little too late with bringing back this M&G system that could have been done since the beginning. Admittedly though, I'd be willing to let the majority of M&G's stay dead, so I might not be the best judge of the rollout.
What have you heard about the first week “of the 50th” being 31% below projections?

…in a coincidence

Waters Back Side

But you’ll be able to book characters with Genie+, now!

It won’t actually stay in this format very long…

All of them? Or just the ones that had FP in the past?

Adventurers Outpost, Princess Fairytale Hall, Ariel in her Grotto, Tinkerbell and Mickey on Main Street and Goofy/Minnie/Mickey in Epcot were available already with FP before it got discontinued.
With Genie + in HS will it be available for Red Carpet Dreams? Will you be able to meet BB-8 and Chewbacca or the Toy Story characters Woody, Jesse and Buzz or Princesses in Epcot etc??

Last edited:

mattpeto

All of them? Or just the ones that had FP in the past?

Adventurers Outpost, Princess Fairytale Hall, Ariel in her Grotto, Tinkerbell and Mickey on Main Street and one more im forgetting had FP.
With Genie + in HS will it be available for Red Caret Dreams? Will you be able to meet B8 and Chewbacca or the Toy Story characters?

From my recollection, 7 had FP+...

Princess Fairytale (2)
Ariel Grotto
Tinkerbell (Town Hall)
Mickey (Town Hall)
Adventures Outpost
Epcot Character Spot

All other spots were Standby, but I absolutely expect more M&G LL in the coming future.

Prototype82

I just teared up reading some of the music that will be back at Animal Kingdom next week.
Seriously, I'm overjoyed. It's such a big part of why we love AK so much. :)
I am so with you. Live music is the heart and soul of Animal Kingdom. Stephen didn't just play there...All of his songs were inspired by the park and he composed them for his show. He loves the backstory of Anandapur and equally loves weaving his show into that legacy. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom