News Walt Disney World will not host any further Night of Joy events

Biff215

That's a shame to hear. I was never able to attend since it's always the week we return to school here in NJ, but we did purchase the live stream one year and enjoyed the artists/bands they had. I assumed it wouldn't last long once they moved it out of MK, as that was the main draw. You can see concerts just about anywhere, but seeing multiple acts in a Disney park was something special. It will be interesting to see how/if this affects Universal's event in the future.

MomofPrincessGrace

With both MNSSHP and Disney After Hours now taking place around that weekend, it's clear that Disney has found more profitable events to run instead. That and the event lost its appeal when it no longer took place in MK, with concerts in front of the castle.
I agree with this. When we were there in September 2015 they had Night of Joy and MNSSHP in the same week, meaning MK was only open 4/7 nights.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Guess they should cancel the Candlelight Processional then as well...
Not as long as they make extra money from the CP Dinner Package. I mean, think about it. They print up a card that costs them maybe 3 or 4 cents and they only give it to people who (a) use up two dining credits or (b) pay a huge upcharge for a TS meal. The "reserved seating" doesn't cost them a cent...

It's like printing their own money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom