Walt Disney world wedding planning from the Uk

Gemma3005

Original Poster
Hi all!

I massively need some help!

Me and my partner have decided on getting married at Walt Disney world in Florida. And although it's a way off yet I'm trying to get as much information as possible together so I know what I'm letting myself in for...

Has anyone arranged a wedding being so far away from the site?

How did you all find planning it?

all input greatly appreciated!!

Gemma

TXDisney

Yes we got married there 2.5 years ago. To try and give a few quick pointers I'll give it a shot.

1. How many people will be attending your wedding is the biggest thing at a wdw wedding. We had 120 guests and we were all from Texas and NY. We actually had more go than we thought would, which we were ok with bc the package that's less than 30 guests I believe was 109% out of question tight away. Bc of the size of your wedding guests it does narrow down the places you can get married and have a reception. We got married at wdw chapel and did the reception at the grand Floridian. Bc of our guest size we could only use resorts as a reception area, and even with that it was only 4 resorts I believe we could choose from. With smaller guests amounts you can kinda get married anywhere but remember it's all still pretty much during park hours so guests will be around. They do close off an area but certainly don't shut down operations bc of a wedding. We had a great wedding planner from wdw. If you want her name I can give it to you, she was very helpful.

mikenatcity1

Hello!

Congratulations on the wedding! Just to add- I live in Ohio and recently got married at Disneyland- all planning had to be done over email and phone. We had a couple visits out there which helped, but the wedding planner helped us greatly- they are used to having people from a distance plan a wedding. The biggest issue we had was venue- it was tough to decide on a venue site unseen, but ended up to be perfect!

I hope you have a great time planning the wedding!

patch553

hi there congratulations ,we also live in the uk, we got married in wdw almost 6 years ago, we pretty much did it all through the Disney wedding website,we wer given a planning co-ordinator who we corresponded with through emails and a couple of phone calls. she met us on our first day after arriving stateside and went through every part of our wedding it all went so smoothly we cant speak highly enough of the whole process

EvilQueen-T

Congratulations! My daughter had a disney wedding in Oct 2014. We live about 2 1/2 hrs north so the majority was done by phone and email. We did do a planning session and tasting on the same day in person but that could have been done without doing that. In fact, because they kept loosing planners (we lost two before we had one who stayed on the job) and the floral person just wasn't showing us anything but one single arrangement...we just couldn't work with her so that part of the in person planning session wasn't productive. It often felt like things weren't happening at times and their process can be frustrating at times...like with pricing etc...You basically give them your budget, pick the things you like then trim to fit your budget. They schedule regular phone calls as needed, make it easy to coordinate things like a photographer, dj etc...Just be as clear and specific as you can. They like it when you have a pintrest board you can share. Showing a pic of something you like is always clearer than trying to describe something to people. Our biggest disappointment was with the cake. The planner took one look at it too and they gave us part of the cost off but it was what she had since it wasn't like they could do anything about it at the time but things happen. My daughter's wedding was beautiful and we're glad we did it at disney.

vershine

Hi. You will have a brilliant celebration. I am in Spain and last year we renewed our vows. The Disney Wedding planners are tops and everything went off great. We had a small affair of under 10 people. You should contact them as they do offer so many suggestions to make the event truly special.

They are experienced with handling 'long distance' couples like us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom