News Walt Disney World updates Disney Dining Plan with new options

trainplane3

I didn't think dining plans were available to AP holders or DVC?
It's been a while since we did a dining plan but we've been DVC since 98/99 but we had no problems using it along with being AP'ers for a slightly shorter time.

We did see less value in them and got tired of wasting food so we no longer use a dining plan and just run with TIW instead.

nickys

Premium Member
I mean it really depends on how you eat. I typically don't order 2 desserts and 2 apps at my dinners, but I do order a cocktail for me and my wife, which still doesn't make much sense now.

You only get a desert, not an appetiser with the DDP and DDP+

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't think dining plans were available to AP holders or DVC?
It’s been DVC for along time...the second (and last) time I used it was Saratoga in 2007

Don’t know about aps
I've heard that APs can call and have it added. But cannot confirm as I haven't tried it. I'm a TIW guy.

Both DVC and AP holders can add a dining plan.

Basically if you book through Disney you can add a dining plan. If you have a room-only bookimg you can call and ask for a ticketless package, which allows you to add a dining plan.

If you book through a TA you can add a dining plan. But booking through third party sites like Priceline, or using a special convention or group rate disqualifies you from adding a dining plan.

Currently it seems those with a special AP rate cannot add the new one. Nor can anyone booking through the U.K. site, although it is showing up there so I think it might be available eventually.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Both DVC and AP holders can add a dining plan.

Basically if you book through Disney you can add a dining plan. If you have a room-only bookimg you can call and ask for a ticketless package, which allows you to add a dining plan.

If you book through a TA you can add a dining plan. But booking through third party sites like Priceline, or using a special convention or group rate disqualifies you from adding a dining plan.

Currently it seems those with a special AP rate cannot add the new one. Nor can anyone booking through the U.K. site, although it is showing up there so I think it might be available eventually.

I thought so...i’m Just not well versed in rack rate research

as we have hammered around on this thread: there’s no need for them to restrict the dining plan anyway...it’s not giving anything away

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've heard that APs can call and have it added. But cannot confirm as I haven't tried it. I'm a TIW guy.

The reason I haven’t used it since it was hook pricing isn’t that i’m cheap...it’s that I crunch it every few years and I can never get it to work out in my favor...it actually is never close.

So TIW is the way to go and will be again until they eventually kill that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom