News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Someone earlier in this thread said something along the lines of "they don't want you there" as an AP.

For a company campaigning about being inclusive, they sure are working to be exclusive.
“Anyone with a lot of money is included”

1630420122848.jpeg

ParentsOf4

Didn't you read Disney's press release Martin? They said all these new decisions were based on listening to Disney fans voiced displeasure............People wanted easier planning, so you got day of FP....people wanted more options for transportation from the airport, so they got rid of the long bus ride...............people wanted more options for APs, so they gave you more................And I would say this forum leads that category on complaining about FP+
You appear to be missing the most significant announcement in Disney press releases.

Guests indicate that they want to pay even more for the World’s most expensive theme park, so Disney is accommodating them! ;)

:banghead:

doctornick

-SkyLiner is trash in the summer. It goes down every day and physically strands people
-Even when it does work, getting to DHS is onerous

Really? When we just went, my kids and I loved the Skyliner. We stayed at Beach Club, but it was our preferred means of going to DHS over walking or ferry. We had one day where it stalled for about 5 minutes, but otherwise no issues and thought it got us to DHS very quickly and conveniently, even in the morning rush for rope drop.

Our takeaway was we'd wish they'd build more lines of the Skyliner to other places at WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really? When we just went, my kids and I loved the Skyliner. We stayed at Beach Club, but it was our preferred means of going to DHS over walking or ferry. We had one day where it stalled for about 5 minutes, but otherwise no issues and thought it got us to DHS very quickly and conveniently, even in the morning rush for rope drop.

Our takeaway was we'd wish they'd build more lines of the Skyliner to other places at WDW.
Just used it for 3 days. It was closed due to lightning for about an hour one day…

…and life went on

ToTBellHop

Literally every time I went to DHS or Epcot in June, I observed the SkyLiner down for extended periods. On multiple dates, I heard people on the phone at Beach Club lamenting that they were stranded because they came to International Gateway only to find the SkyLiner down, including one evening after the fireworks.

I’m good with a pathway from the parks in the summer. I also despise Disney buses, so making that the alternative is not appealing. I would rather walk.

doctornick

Someone earlier in this thread said something along the lines of "they don't want you there" as an AP.

For a company campaigning about being inclusive, they sure are working to be exclusive.

I mean, you know that's a silly comment right? When they talk about "inclusive" they are talking about not excluding based on race, religion, gender, etc. not having every single person in the world visiting WDW.

Regardless, they absolutely do want people to buy APs... and then hopefully not use them much or when they do use them spend like the family of 5 coming for a once in a lifetime trip and buy all sort of food/merch/photos/whatever upcharges.

What they don't want in APs who come 100 times a year, bring their own food, don't buy any gifts and just "clog up" the ride queues or viewing areas for fireworks. There's nothing wrong with using a AP that way of course and I would hope guests would get as much usage out of them as they can. But it's not what Disney wants people to do when they sell the passes.

Chi84

Premium Member
Nobody really cares about fastpass+…
It’s been two weeks…it’s gone…forgotten

just like a Disney Star Wars movie: highly forgettable
Oh that's not true at all. FP+ worked great for people who liked to vacation in a specific sort of way and who didn't mind the planning. Tons of them posted in threads on this very site. The problem is that the system didn't work well for enough people and, most importantly, became unworkable for Disney.

I don't mind the paid part of the new system, but I'm not a fan of not knowing how to at least sketch out the day when we're going with the entire family (six adults, one toddler and two under 1). I guess someone (meaning me) will have to be on their phone buying rides first thing in the morning and then hoping they can get the ones we want and will be able to schedule them around mealtimes, resort breaks, etc. There are many families who deal with schedules each and every day who did not find FP+ such a burden. It worked very well for us, and I did not find it stressful at all.

In the end, I expect we'll find a way to make the system work for us; DH and I will have a chance to test drive it in October before the family vacation in April. If it turns out that the last minute scheduling is too stressful or does not result in us having a good time, we'll have to find somewhere else to vacation for a few years or so. Honestly, I think forgoing WDW would be tougher on our kids than on us.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh that's not true at all. FP+ worked great for people who liked to vacation in a specific sort of way and who didn't mind the planning. Tons of them posted in threads on this very site. The problem is that the system didn't work well for enough people and, most importantly, became unworkable for Disney.

I don't mind the paid part of the new system, but I'm not a fan of not knowing how to at least sketch out the day when we're going with the entire family (six adults, one toddler and two under 1). I guess someone (meaning me) will have to be on their phone buying rides first thing in the morning and then hoping they can get the ones we want and will be able to schedule them around mealtimes, resort breaks, etc. There are many families who deal with schedules each and every day who did not find FP+ such a burden.

In the end, I expect we'll find a way to make the system work for us; DH and I will have a chance to test drive it in October before the family vacation in April. If it turns out that the last minute scheduling is too stressful or does not result in us having a good time, we'll have to find somewhere else to vacation for a few years or so. Honestly, I think forgoing WDW would be tougher on our kids than on us.
My point was telling Jeffy it’s done, gone, over.

pointless to discuss now.

I liked priority seating, $16.99 character meals, $27 Christmas tickets and rooms at Wilderness lodge for $119 too 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Literally every time I went to DHS or Epcot in June, I observed the SkyLiner down for extended periods. On multiple dates, I heard people on the phone at Beach Club lamenting that they were stranded because they came to International Gateway only to find the SkyLiner down, including one evening after the fireworks.

I’m good with a pathway from the parks in the summer. I also despise Disney buses, so making that the alternative is not appealing. I would rather walk.
Bad weather closes it…technical glitches would too…just like monorails.

…and no one has ever been “stranded” at international gateway…it’s actually impossible.

Chi84

Premium Member
My point was telling Jeffy it’s done, gone, over.

pointless to discuss now.

I liked priority seating, $16.99 character meals, $27 Christmas tickets and rooms at Wilderness lodge for $119 too 😎
I was referring to your comment that no one cared about FP+. I see the transition from the free FP+ to a paid system as different from price increases that can be expected over time. I think everyone will agree that they would like to pay less for things.

Marriedatdisney

If they REALLY listened to us.....or at least me... they would offer the ability to buy 'days' in bulk vs. this annual pass hot mess. At least for out of state DVC owners. I would be happy to buy a bucket of days and then use them how/when i want them. Or buy 'credits' that can be used for purchasing days but at a discount. That would solve a few things... one, they could still price daily if they want and require reservations etc... They'd accelerate the cash flow even though they probably can't recognize the revenue until days are used. The target user group of this model are people that go 2-3 times a year with maybe an extra day here and there. Paying full by the day is the most expensive and these annual passes require 2.5+ weeks to breakeven. Sell 'days' or 'credits' you can use for days at a discount.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was referring to your comment that no one cared about FP+. I see the transition from the free FP+ to a paid system as different from price increases that can be expected over time. I think everyone will agree that they would like to pay less for things.
…what’s funny is you can see people on places such as this everyday talking about how they are happy to pay more…

anywhere else that wouldn’t be the case.

wutisgood

You appear to be missing the most significant announcement in Disney press releases.

Guests indicate that they want to pay even more for the World’s most expensive theme park, so Disney is accommodating them! ;)

:banghead:
The rich whales really do want the parks to be more expensive. I have seen some of them complaining on various forums many times about too many people being able to afford admission.

Like I always say same idea as pay to win video games.

ImperfectPixie

The rich whales really do want the parks to be more expensive. I have seen some of them complaining on various forums many times about too many people being able to afford admission.

Like I always say same idea as pay to win video games.
The rich wreck everything. As soon as something becomes popular with them (regardless of how popular it was with lower classes previously), the prices go through the roof.

(ETA: the above is mostly caused by "new money". Old money tends to be far more price/value conscious.)

Last edited:

pdude81

If they REALLY listened to us.....or at least me... they would offer the ability to buy 'days' in bulk vs. this annual pass hot mess. At least for out of state DVC owners. I would be happy to buy a bucket of days and then use them how/when i want them. Or buy 'credits' that can be used for purchasing days but at a discount. That would solve a few things... one, they could still price daily if they want and require reservations etc... They'd accelerate the cash flow even though they probably can't recognize the revenue until days are used. The target user group of this model are people that go 2-3 times a year with maybe an extra day here and there. Paying full by the day is the most expensive and these annual passes require 2.5+ weeks to breakeven. Sell 'days' or 'credits' you can use for days at a discount.
star-wars-credits.gif

mysto

Is WDW a destination, or a local park?

They have been trying to be both with good AP prices for locals. But it reached a point where weekends have been packed with locals and travelers have been buying APs. It took Disney a decade to figure it out, but they have and they are pushing the pendulum the other way to favor tourists. That was a good decade for the AP user.

The AP users can count and are not happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom