News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just summing up for my situation (DVC member):

Gold AP cost (last) $719 and included PP and FP+
Now, Sorcerer Pass $899 + 99 for PP + $15/day for FP + ??$ for FP for some rides

So, not counting PP and FP+, cost has gone up 25%!
To get to what I had before (let's say I use it for 12 days in a year) the new cost (not even including the new mystery FP+ tier 1 cost) is 899+99+(12*15) = $1178. That is a 63.8% price increase! Thank you Disney, may I have another!

Please someone tell me I'm wrong somewhere? i'd be glad to be wrong.

Disney obviously no longer care about encouraging customers to do multiple trips in a year, the fan base, or dvc members. In fact, they seem to be discouraging it. I'm not sure why they did not just drop the program although, but I suppose it still can appeal to those that are sure they will do 3+ trips a year (or 2 long trips).

I don't think you are. I do 4 week long trips each year to participate in the runDisney race weekends. While I'm not paying for a room, unless there's nothing available for DVC (like W&D this year), I'm still buying merchandise and meals. Then throw in the occasional trip and weekends before a cruise and it adds up. I'd hate to think, as someone with a business degree, TWDC wouldn't want the $$$ of a guest who visits multiple times a year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've shelled out nearly $100K for my DVC points. And probably spend close to $1000 each time I stay in a DVC resort 5-7 times a year. More if I stay in a cash room. Add that to my pre-COVID 2 Disney cruises a year.

You'd think Chapek would want me.
Chapek knows you’ll cave…

…and that money was long ago. Which you realize.

and using your DVC for cruiseline has got to be the worst value use of it this side of adventures by Disney…but this is all old stuff 👍🏻🤪

SirLink

with chapek and d'amaro, i would.

The same could be said with Rassulo & Iger, Staggs & Iger, and Chapek & Iger. This is not some new realisation... The CEO asks the the Parks (and Experiences) President to draw blood from a stone and their is no pushback. You need a CEO to love the parks which you won't get from any internal candidates at Disney they have to look outside the company.

danv3

Since it's no longer discounted, are we to assume that DVC resale owners will be eligible to buy the Sorcerer Pass?
I bet non-grandfathered resale owners are still excluded. Even though not discounted, the pass itself is a benefit that wouldn't otherwise be available to a non-Florida resident.

SirLink

Wouldn't they want comparisons though? "Oh, for a little more I could have no blockout dates... hmm".

Only if your a Floridian, outside of those if you pay more for less than you did. Its adding to the narrative that has been developing for a while but only coming into focus by the masses 'now'. Only current Disney could announce a price increase for something lesser on a Monday instead of a Friday afternoon.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We're not far removed (in fact it was yesterday) from the following being true... If you had two trips of 4 or 5 days or more in a calendar year, it was worth it to get an AP. Now that number is two trips of 7+ days. This does not factor in parking.
As someone eligible for the military promotional tix, my per-day cost is about $63 for a 5-day park-hopper. At the $1,299 price, I'd have to spend 20+ days in the parks to make an annual worthwhile*.

*not taking the 6-ticket maximum into account. For a party of 3, I could buy and use two 5-day tix per person at $63/day. Highly unlikely I'd be spending more than 10 days at WDW per year...

disneygeek90

1630347101436.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
So, what do people think will happen if Platinum members want to add water park access?

I wanted to renew my Plat. Plus pass that just expired, but the only renewal option offered was as regular Platinum (expiring Aug. 2022). I’d pay $99 to add water parks back to my pass (even though it looks like I won’t be getting the golf perk back). BUT, since Platinum Plus isn’t available would they make me convert to “Incredi-pass” to add water parks, which would likely mean I’d lose the free Photopass perk (from the Platinum Pass) unless I pay them another $99 for it too?

TL;DR - if you have a Platinum Pass and want both water park and Photopass access, would they make you convert to a new pass and pay them $200 more?

Chip Chipperson

Looks like DVC hotels are going to have trouble filling Christmas/Thanksgiving. I’m sure WDW is banking on booking regular guests into those rooms for the holiday rush. Can’t imagine what a cash price on a bungalow is for that time.

That or the points rental sites are going to see a big bump for those dates. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if DVC members with extra points figure out how to take money from the bucket that Chapek thought was all for Disney?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I've shelled out nearly $100K for my DVC points. And probably spend close to $1000 each time I stay in a DVC resort 5-7 times a year. More if I stay in a cash room. Add that to my pre-COVID 2 Disney cruises a year.

You'd think Chapek would want me.

Nope. You’re an COLDEVILUNCARING AP holder. YoU dOn’T sPeNd EnOuGh MoNeY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom