News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Haven't seen this posted here, but it may be a repeat.

Seeing reports that Disney is only selling a fixed number of these, i.e. annual passes CAN sell out.
I think that situation would be really unlikely in normal circumstances. Attendance is capped by Park Pass, not by numbers sold. Perhaps the situation that came up in the past year has moved them to include the statement that they may be unavailable for purchase.

donsullivan

Premium Member

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Exactly. And while we had no expectations or signed agreement for a DVC discount, it’s nearly always been there. They clearly don’t want DVC members clogging up the resorts during peak season and hope we instead shift to the lower pass and change visiting habits…. You know, when we basically can’t go as easily.

This will be extremely interesting to watch as DVC does have some swaying power; especially if a lot of owners toss their stake on the resale market which is exactly what we may end up doing. That could ultimately saturate the market and devalue their entire enterprise/scheme.

Ok…. Fine… probably getting a bit ahead of myself here but I do feel like this was already starting to happen.

Yet they are building more DVC resorts by converting cash rooms into DVC ones. Makes no sense.

tanc

If I renew my AP, it only activates once I first enter a park, correct? I think I might just be renewing the pass for now.

tagoofy

Just summing up for my situation (DVC member):

Gold AP cost (last) $719 and included PP and FP+
Now, Sorcerer Pass $899 + 99 for PP + $15/day for FP + ??$ for FP for some rides

So, not counting PP and FP+, cost has gone up 25%!
To get to what I had before (let's say I use it for 12 days in a year) the new cost (not even including the new mystery FP+ tier 1 cost) is 899+99+(12*15) = $1178. That is a 63.8% price increase! Thank you Disney, may I have another!

Please someone tell me I'm wrong somewhere? i'd be glad to be wrong.

Disney obviously no longer care about encouraging customers to do multiple trips in a year, the fan base, or dvc members. In fact, they seem to be discouraging it. I'm not sure why they did not just drop the program although, but I suppose it still can appeal to those that are sure they will do 3+ trips a year (or 2 long trips).

ToTBellHop

Lets say the PRs are wide open for my dates I upgrade and rebook my PRs that day does it still do length of stay or only the max AP aloud? I just dont wanna miss the discounts with AP for 9 days while at the park seems like a waste.
Yes, it is outrageous to suggest that we forgo the 20% off for the first stay when we are effectively using our AP because their backend office is incompetent.

techgeek

Haven't seen this posted here, but it may be a repeat.

Seeing reports that Disney is only selling a fixed number of these, i.e. annual passes CAN sell out.

Where are you seeing that? That's actually pretty concerning.

I think that situation would be really unlikely in normal circumstances. Attendance is capped by Park Pass, not by numbers sold. Perhaps the situation that came up in the past year has moved them to include the statement that they may be unavailable for purchase.

I think it’s already pretty concerning that they can basically ‘turn off’ your AP at will by simply draining the AP park pass bucket… after they’ve got your money!

LAKid53

Premium Member
If I renew my AP, it only activates once I first enter a park, correct? I think I might just be renewing the pass for now.

No, you will keep the anniversary date from when you first purchased an AP and activated it. My AP expires in April. I renewed it in February but didn't use the new one until September. Kept the same anniversary - or expiration - date.

tagoofy

That was the (very) old policy. For quite some time now, renewals use the original expiration date. So, if you AP expired in Jan and you renew now (assume they would let you renew this late), the new pass would only be good until Jan 2022.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That was the (very) old policy. For quite some time now, renewals use the original expiration date. So, if you AP expired in Jan and you renew now (assume they would let you renew this late), the new pass would only be good until Jan 2022.

Once you were more than 30 days past your expiration date, it was no longer deemed a renewal, but a new purchase.

tanc

It's disappointing that there's no Genie+ or lightning lane included but I guess that was to be expected. At this rate, I feel like the Disneyland Enchant key is the best option. I never got why Disney refuses any cheaper options for out of state people for the annual pass.

Gillyanne

We still have some time as our passes don't expire until Jan, Apr, July, & Sept 2022; but it looks like for my family, we're not too much different than what we have. 3/4 have the weekday select, and 1 has gold (the Sept date). The gold member basically only has it b/c of the PP, it was about the same price to get the gold w/ it included for the year, than it was to pay for it for even 1 trip. The gold also had that added benefit of a summer visit if that family member wanted to go alone. Now when they renew, they should be able to get the Pixie that's more equal to our WDS, but still get summer, and only pay the $100 more for the PP (and really we could put it on any of ours, but makes sense to keep it on theirs so we're not overlapping). There may have been a time or so that we'd schedule around one of the federal holiday dates to save vacation pay, but that can easily be changed. I'm the only one who really needs to worry about using vacation pay, and I've got it accrued up a decent amount now, and even with that, it seems that veteran's day isn't one blocked out, at least not for 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom