News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

durangojim

I just thought of something. Photopass.

You don’t have to have the same pass as others in your group. If you really want the on-ride photos, since they don’t offer much more, I presume you could add the $99 add-on to just one pass and get them all.
and if your party splits up, just give them your magic band or if theyhave an extra apple watch, link your pass to it

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yet Sea World can handle it and has done so for years, ditto Six Flags, and CedarFair.
That may indeed be true but this isn't anything Disney has taken away- to my knowledge it's never been available.

I'd also venture a guess that in virtually all of the other examples (including Universal) given the actual number of people participating in that option is nominal in comparison to what it might be at Disney making it manageable for them due to small scale.

disneygeek90

The biggest story (other than the horrendous names) should be that there is no longer an AP where “summer” is blocked out.
Definitely makes the Pirate attractive. I actually think that's a decent pass especially for locals.

I just renewed my Gold pass last month as my official expiration date is Sep 14, so I won't need to deal with this for a while. I'll likely get Sorcerer when I do. It does feel kind of bad that everyone on the old system will still only have the 3 days?

Edit: Just saw what @JohnD said... I wonder how many more they will distribute. It does seem like the reservations are just an inconvenience now and not actually something to stress over. Maybe we'll see that shift during the holidays.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
well one bonus in all this is the dining discount going up to 20% for all passes (if I read right).... and the shopping discount staying at 20%. they could have done away with both all together and they didn't.
I was wondering that as well. I've never bought an AP before (I'm not a FL resident), but have two 5-7 day trips planned for 2022, so thought I should just upgrade. It's actually still cheaper for me to just buy passed on undercover for each trip, but if it's 20% for each restaurant for up to 4 guests, that's probably worth it. Also, I'd try to make a few weekend trips down if I buy the AP.

dizneycrazy09

Seeing a bunch of “no Genie+” comments; however, are we positive there won’t be a discount or some type of incentive provided to APs?

pdude81

Assuming you always ride together? Or can you go over and claim photos of others?
Friends and family settings in MDE allow you to download photos. This is why there are ridiculous photopass share groups online where one person pays and they split it among families.

JohnD

Definitely makes the Pirate attractive. I actually think that's a decent pass especially for locals.

I just renewed my Gold pass last month as my official expiration date is Sep 14, so I won't need to deal with this for a while. I'll likely get Sorcerer when I do. It does feel kind of bad that everyone on the old system will still only have the 3 days?

Edit: Just saw what @JohnD said... I wonder how many more they will distribute. It does seem like the reservations are just an inconvenience now and not actually something to stress over. Maybe we'll see that shift during the holidays.

Well, they had to be fair to existing passholders until their passes expire. Unfair for new passes to have additional park reservations but existing passes don't. I would assume I have the same blockouts for Silver, unless they decide to make existing passes comparable also. Better not. I already have park reservations for 10/1-10/3 and those dates are blocked out with Pirate.

Tony the Tigger

I thought the Weekday pass was around $350 pp previously? Was it $450? That'll be the one we go with again.
Just going on my faulty memory here, I could have sworn our 2019 pass was $429, and that it went up after that, but we didn’t renew because 2020 was our scheduled year off. I may be mixing it up with Theme Park Select.

ToTBellHop

We're not far removed (in fact it was yesterday) from the following being true... If you had two trips of 4 or 5 days or more in a calendar year, it was worth it to get an AP. Now that number is two trips of 7+ days. This does not factor in parking.
It depends on when you go. We have a four-day park hopper. It will be only $300 more to get Sorcerer and we have a 10-day April trip and probably a couple days before a July 1 cruise. It’s well worth it for us. The calculus differs if you need the top tier, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom