News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

ToTBellHop

Assuming you always ride together? Or can you go over and claim photos of others?
Very few rides even check. Most allow you to scan your band or pass. My kids have excitedly scanned the wrong pic in the past and it showed up on our account.

We always ride together, anyway. And I wouldn’t buy Photopass regardless. They’ve fired too many photographers to make it worth it. But, for those who care…

donsullivan

Premium Member
It is really the same as it was before, where Platinum and Platinum Plus were the only ones available for out of state. Since there is now no direct equivalent for Platinum Plus, that leaves only the Platinum equivilant.
Ahh. I've lived here the last 20 years so lost touch with out of state pass I used to purchase before moving here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. I joined DVC in March so I've never been able to purchase the Gold Pass. Now I can pay $180 more per pass, be blocked out from Thanksgiving (which I am going this year), and pay $100 for Memory Maker. Not seeing a bone.
If you’re a praet and can’t live without the idea of Disney…

Everyday in your mind they shower you with “bones”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m guilty of this too.

Everyone complains about the price increases and decreased offerings and service, but then go ahead and buy a pass or renewal.

Until that behavior changes, we get what we deserve.
“…so say we all”

1630332896288.jpeg

Piebald

lol Disney is so expensive. As a local the AP was and still is relatively inexpensive to go if you go quite regularly and enjoy it. But we are also a [apparently the acronym for dual income no kid is not allowed] family and unless doing a staycation once in awhile never stay at the resort.

But it's crazy to imagine people even wanting to be on a payment plan putting down 205 bucks then paying whatever monthly on top of all the costs associated. I honestly dont understand how most of the Orlando area can afford to go regularly.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
When we held annual passes for Universal we were able to pay monthly as out of staters. Not sure if that's still the case.
I believe Universal Orlando does indeed still allow it but Disney has never. Even in CA it was often only available in half the state- if you lived in Northern CA you couldn't use monthly payment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
lol Disney is so expensive. As a local the AP was and still is relatively inexpensive to go if you go quite regularly and enjoy it. But we are also a **** family and unless doing a staycation once in awhile never stay at the resort.

But it's crazy to imagine people even wanting to be on a payment plan putting down 205 bucks then paying whatever monthly on top of all the costs associated. I honestly dont understand how most of the Orlando area can afford to go regularly.
They can’t…”service economy”

Grumpy4196

As I've understood it the diversity of consumer laws state-by-state make the actual implementation of that impossible. They would literally need 50 different sets of terms and conditions (one for each state) which is just unmanageable.
Universal Orlando figured it out years ago so it can be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom