News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

I’ve been trying so hard to wait patiently… but my trip begins in a few days—with multi-day park hopper tickets—and it sure would be nice to know what’s happening with APs. Are you all even hearing whispers about a potential date?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve been trying so hard to wait patiently… but my trip begins in a few days—with multi-day park hopper tickets—and it sure would be nice to know what’s happening with APs. Are you all even hearing whispers about a potential date?
I just got to DAKL with the same scenario…

they said they’d announce by 8/31…Disney volunteered that.

so you’ll likely know what the deal is.

now the question is…will they let you bump them? Or me?

think they’d try to say you can’t upgrade if the new sale date is like 9/15?

think they’d try to say you can’t upgrade if the new sale date is like 9/15?
I suspect (but have no inside info whatsoever) they’ll stay firm on the start date and not let us upgrade if our tickets are already fully used. Just wish I knew before my trip so I don’t have to try to figure everything out while I’m there.

Trauma

I suspect (but have no inside info whatsoever) they’ll stay firm on the start date and not let us upgrade if our tickets are already fully used. Just wish I knew before my trip so I don’t have to try to figure everything out while I’m there.
I would think they would want to start sales at least a few weeks before the 50th.

They wouldn’t want the mess on the phones this will create overlapping with Oct 1.

Well that’s what a reasonable person would think at least.

zapple

I’ve seen many people on FB say that they’ve stopped letting people renew their passes early so they can make park reservations. People are being told that they’re not allowed to do it anymore until new ones are on sale.

To clarify: they’re still letting people renew within 60 days, I’m specifically referring to people trying to renew their passes earlier than 60 days; they have been letting people who have upcoming trips booked renew early for months so they can make park reservations but now the CMs are saying they’re not allowed to do it anymore. So I think we’re going to hear something soon. They don’t want anyone getting a jump on that price increase!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually think it will be the opposite…they will retroactively upgrade you to your start date…If I had to guess

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I actually think it will be the opposite…they will retroactively upgrade you to your start date…If I had to guess
I agree with this. They'd likely rather take the easy money sooner and pretty much guarantee returned trips than saying "no" and risk the guest changing plans to return.

I remembered to renew my daughter today. At some point I'll need a pass for my son who turned three (and thus eligible for a new pass), but they won't give a DVC discount so I can either buy now without a discount or later and hope that any increase is offset by a DVC discount.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree with this. They'd likely rather take the easy money sooner and pretty much guarantee returned trips than saying "no" and risk the guest changing plans to return.

I remembered to renew my daughter today. At some point I'll need a pass for my son who turned three (and thus eligible for a new pass), but they won't give a DVC discount so I can either buy now without a discount or later and hope that any increase is offset by a DVC discount.
Based on Florida’s covid disaster?

yes…take the extra money and reap the ancillary spending over the next year as things stabilize.

Tay

I hope the new passes’ prices are reasonable like Disneyland. If there wasn’t a pandemic I would definitely have bought the Enchant Key for $650. I know that’s not happening but almost $1300 for non Florida residents is kind of crazy with no monthly payments. Especially when Universal offers there’s for like $300 for everyone. I would hope there’s an option for around $750-900 for all residents.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hope the new passes’ prices are reasonable like Disneyland. If there wasn’t a pandemic I would definitely have bought the Enchant Key for $650. I know that’s not happening but almost $1300 for non Florida residents is kind of crazy with no monthly payments. Especially when Universal offers there’s for like $300 for everyone. I would hope there’s an option for around $750-900 for all residents.
You do understand that they aren’t looking to lure people that require a payment plan, correct?

Tay

You do understand that they aren’t looking to lure people that require a payment plan, correct?
You do understand it was just a suggestion no need for the snark 🙄. Plus I already found a (legal)hack anyway. Just would prefer to use the Disney gift cards I've been collecting.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know they are supposed to come out with the APs but they keep advertising these four day tix. Why would I spend that if im waiting on the AP?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom