News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

pdude81

Bump

So the holidays and marathon weekend is over, and WDW just released a FL weekday ticket, when are we going to hear about APs being sold again?
When they are done counting the money and the gate clicks from the weekday select passes people are buying to fill the void

CntrlFlPete

And get past that nasty bump in the road where they can't deliver on what they sold......

that's what this feels like to me. They always have a FL resident deal for three to four days around now -- it brought folks during the slow times -- now that they came out with a weekday only deal, it sort of feels like they have too many passholders visiting on the weekends so they do not want to sell any tickets that allow SAT and SUN entry -- just me 2nd guessing the house of mouse.

JoeCamel

that's what this feels like to me. They always have a FL resident deal for three to four days around now -- it brought folks during the slow times -- now that they came out with a weekday only deal, it sort of feels like they have too many passholders visiting on the weekends so they do not want to sell any tickets that allow SAT and SUN entry -- just me 2nd guessing the house of mouse.
And they are trying to raise prices to a point where they have less of their "undesirable" base showing up and more of the whales that have no memory of what going to a Disney park used to be. They are doing this on such a massive scale they might pull it off.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is really getting annoying. Last year when AP's weren't availble early in the year, I was able to buy 3 or 4 day passes that I could at least use over a few months, and not have to take all days within the same week, but that's not even a ticket option anymore.

So you either have to buy a weekday ticket, buy a single day ticket or if you don't want to buy tickets to use in a week you're out of luck.

matt9112

You mean most of us have jobs? Shocking!
As an aside i saw how different crowd levels were the other day at uni weekday vs weeekend was night and day.

Gillyanne

Still no word and now February. Beginning to give up hope for them announcing anything before end of month sadly

Disclaimer: I Haven't been keeping up on this thread

But I have a feeling that's their "game". I got a survey mid- dec and one of the questions was related to why I would opt to renew my pass, and they legit put one of the answers as the whole (not verbatim) "b/c they can go off sale at any time" type answer (aka I'm going to renew b/c I won't know if/when you'll let me buy it again). I wonder if they had too many people who would let it lapse and pick it up later, and they feel they're losing $$ on them...

matt9112

Disclaimer: I Haven't been keeping up on this thread

But I have a feeling that's their "game". I got a survey mid- dec and one of the questions was related to why I would opt to renew my pass, and they legit put one of the answers as the whole (not verbatim) "b/c they can go off sale at any time" type answer (aka I'm going to renew b/c I won't know if/when you'll let me buy it again). I wonder if they had too many people who would let it lapse and pick it up later, and they feel they're losing $$ on them...

Artificial scarcity....marketing hijinx 101.

But its a buisnesss and i own stock folks in 3 2 1.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes. Except the "due to the holidays" part was a lie.
It might have been the full truth.

Then Omicron. As the holidays ended, the U.S. hit record high cases.

So... this isn't the time to encourage more APs, especially for Spring Break coming up. Because that would require increasing capacity.

Also, every business is experiencing record sick-outs of employees. Another reason not to increase capacity.

Now, WDW should be saying something, but it's baseless conspiracy time to suggest WDW was going to purposely lie in such a way that it would be obvious they were lying in a month or two later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom