News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

wutisgood

Yep. We hired plenty away at my former employer and some at my current employer.

Having Disney on your resume isn't a big deal in Orlando, but it makes you marketable for remote jobs outside of Orlando.
yea that was a known thing for relatives in florida. Disney can be a good job for a while on the resume anywhere else but florida. No one cares down there. Everyone that wanted to has worked for disney. I do wonder if the souring of the brand has made things worse in that regard though. Maybe people feel sorry for disney employees and want to hire them for other people who got out.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
yea that was a known thing for relatives in florida. Disney can be a good job for a while on the resume anywhere else but florida. No one cares down there. Everyone that wanted to has worked for disney. I do wonder if the souring of the brand has made things worse in that regard though. Maybe people feel sorry for disney employees and want to hire them for other people who got out.
Mainly Orlando and Tampa to an extent.

Disney on a resume in Miami is still looked highly upon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They secured billions in credit line, they could have kept them
Yes but they would have been GIVEN it…like the airlines. Almost no strings attached.

hundreds of millions - if not billions. Why? Cause 4 trillion (that we know of) marched out the door…still hasn’t really been found yet.

It was very easy for the Bobs to get free money to “buy” longterm good will.

and they thought dumping 2/3 into the disaster that is the Florida “social service system” was better for the watchers.

matt9112

Sorry you focused on “international vacation destination” in my post. I just meant APs is a very small percentage of the visitors to WDW compared to the percentage APs that visit DLR, DLR being more of a local park and WDW gets visitors from many different places.

Who carried the parks in the first months after they reopened? Some humanity would go a long way. Im so bewildered at how bad the parks are being run.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who carried the parks in the first months after they reopened? Some humanity would go a long way. Im so bewildered at how bad the parks are being run.
No kidding…

the standard excuse will be “that’s just business”

and normally that carries some weight…but the operational moves and price tactics in this environment looks really bad. And even Wall Street isn’t particularly happy - it seems.

it’s the timing as much as anything.

people are emerging from the greatest cultural shock in a century…you have to do all this clustering now? Can’t ramp it up/out over a year or two? Jeez

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would just let him grab mine for the check…clearly, he is a shrewd character, and, as it has been noted, forced Staggs out.
I think Iger forced staggs out…simply because he had no succession plan. Slaphead just had no qualms about waiting around.

funny…considering Bob slid into Eisners job like a greased eel using the same method.

covid did impact TWDC in one major way: it scared Bob to retire…fearing the ship was going down. I don’t think he had any intention of letting chapek take control either…which explains the last year of tension and Hollywood subterfuge. But he failed. Enjoy the symposium speeches, Bob. Maybe you can make baseball cards now with Michael?

deeevo

We were blacked out in the summer they re-opened and we still vacationed for a week at Poly. It is so obvious they want nothing to do with AP's now its laughable. The past few years we continue to renew even though we tell ourselves we won't but this is the year we truly
will be walking away and I think I am finally at peace with it.. lol.

Touchdown

I don’t think anyone in the financial system currently likes him either, here’s the stock YTD:
17FE81F1-C97D-42BA-AEF8-31B44A2A41ED.jpeg

compared to the S&P 500:

5B43DE90-21E4-43F8-8C3C-E4C70B472D9A.jpeg
See that most recent drop, that happened after D+ subscribers slowed. While that was a big part of it, Comcast, Cedar Fair and Sea World all reported record profits in their theme park divisions. Disney did not. If you think Bob is making decisions that are smart financially, that’s a belief the market disagrees with you.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I predict that on January 15th, new annual passes will be revealed. Really sleek modern design. Easy to understand price points thanks to the addition of a 0 on the end. Several passes with availability on various dates! Plus, with the addition of 5% off Mickey premium bars on the 3 highest of the 11 tiers, the value is clear and present.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The stock markets are near unregulated horse trading now…no one deep in the game “loses” anymore

it’s near impossible to lose the way this stock is now.

so either some “lose to win” plan is playing out or something is going on behind the scenes

I’ll remind: this isn’t chapeks board

Thelazer

Most former CM's finally figured out they were just body's filling slots and Disney and there "HAPPY HR" could really care less about them. Now the new replacements, the collage program ones, many of them do NOT want to take a shot to go work for the HAPPY MOUSE and wear a MOUSEMASK.

So yea, Disney's got a problem.. and no one really gives a (&@# in Orlando.

orion54

people are emerging from the greatest cultural shock in a century…you have to do all this clustering now? Can’t ramp it up/out over a year or two? Jeez

Who says TWDC isn't and this is just the first steps? They've waited for a new generation of park goers. The previous ones remember how much they've lost. When Disney says, "You are the Magic" it's really true. Started happening years ago and now they just expanding on it thanks to the pandemic. Universal reported record earnings and park attendance. Just saying.

ImperfectPixie

Most former CM's finally figured out they were just body's filling slots and Disney and there "HAPPY HR" could really care less about them. Now the new replacements, the collage program ones, many of them do NOT want to take a shot to go work for the HAPPY MOUSE and wear a MOUSEMASK.

So yea, Disney's got a problem.. and no one really gives a (&@# in Orlando.
It's a problem of their own making...just like the parks situation.

The super sad part is that it doesn't have to be this way - the only reason it is is because they're using the parks to line Wall Street's pockets instead of as a means of keeping their guests and customers loyal to their brand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom