News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

DVCakaCarlF

My gut is this type of move is EXACTLY the kind of move that caused the rift between Iger and Chapek

so I will blame iger…who left as both a fraud and a coward
I guess that’s a good point…the way he left didn’t setup the company for success. It also sucks that he couldn’t get out of the way fast enough for Staggs. All the bobs are , effectively.

Lil Copter Cap

WDW doesn't have the immense overcrowding issue that her sister resort has in California. I don't see why this is happening beyond @Sirwalterraleigh 's assessment of encouraging people to come in other seasons (@wdwmagic mentions crowd management as well). Mayhaps it forces AP renewals as well since its a matter of 'use it or lose it' without a promise of a future purchase timeframe? Or it's to prevent the issues that are occurring in DL at the moment with passes not having reservation access.

Woof.

ToTBellHop

WDW doesn't have the immense overcrowding issue that her sister resort has in California. I don't see why this is happening beyond @Sirwalterraleigh 's assessment of encouraging people to come in other seasons (@wdwmagic mentions crowd management as well). Mayhaps it forces AP renewals as well since its a matter of 'use it or lose it' without a promise of a future purchase timeframe? Or it's to prevent the issues that are occurring in DL at the moment with passes not having reservation access.

Woof.
They were losing a fortune allowing APs to dine at Space220 for just $72 plus tax and tip. Chapek was forced to cancel his Netflix subscription. Eek.

Joffrey

*Disney spits in customers’ faces*
Disney Apologist : Don’t freak out, Disney will to the right thing and wipe off your face.

Disney Apologist : Disney is a business, they can do what they want, and let’s not act like other companies don’t do this too.

Disney Apologist : In many cultures, spitting in someone’s face is a sign of respect and admiration.

Disney Apologist : The only people complaining about this are Disney haters that never go to the parks anyway. I’ve already booked my next 3 trips to WDW!

pdude81

Out of curiosity, why are you angered? The blockout dates around Thanksgiving? The price increase? Everyone knew that a large increase was coming, so not a surprise. People just need to run the numbers to see if the APs still end up saving them money. If not, then you unfortunately need to buy regular park tickets, unless you qualify for the military tickets.
I'm angered by the lack of a (direct DVC purchase) discount on the Incredipass after the massive price hike on all APs. Sorcerer actually works nicely for me with the switch of blackout days, but I would have paid more for the top pass so I don't have to think about when I want to go. The pulling back of AP discounts makes me angry and freezes any though I had of buying another contract in the near future. They need to differentiate the product more if they want people to pay the direct premium.

FantasiaMickey2000

I understand it has nothing to do with the parks being busy. Instead, APs have been demanding their magnets and supply line issues have delayed their production. Disney is tired of “where are my magnets?” phone calls.
I activated my AP almost 3 months ago and never got any magnets. I had no idea that was a common problem.

mikejs78

Premium Member
managing attendance
Do you have any idea what their end goal for attendance management is? I assume capacity is still capped to some degree for pandemic restrictions - but what's their thinking regarding post-pandemic? Will we see the return of 2019 crowds, or will Disney continue to cap some groups such as local APs to preserve the guest experience for everyone else? I've noticed that even on the business of the last couple days, wait time is especially in the evening have been very reasonable. I just wonder how long that will continue.

ToTBellHop

I activated my AP almost 3 months ago and never got any magnets. I had no idea that was a common problem.
1637599974917.gif

hopemax

You would think someone would say, “hey this is a bad idea, maybe we shouldn’t do this, or think through it.” Nope. We just get this and Bob wants to start pacing bets on ESPN cause “why not?!?!?!”
I don’t think they have a choice. They had big plans for Genie+ and ILL and that can’t happen if the actual attractions are already sold out at these levels. You can’t sell more of what you don’t have.

We know actual capacity improvements aren’t coming anytime soon. Now they are squeezed in a vice of their own making.

DVCakaCarlF

Woof.
Exactly, they want you to come when it’s convenient for them. I call it the “hot plate” problem. Everyone is at the restaurant and they all want their food both now and hot.

However, Disney made it self to be a year round resort, and, with that, they knew they would have spikes. This is why they built 30 hotels, four parks, etc.

Now, like everything else, they are being squeezed due to capacity constraints related to staffing, etc.

It’s a business move, but a dumb one. When people can’t visit, they’ll go somewhere else. It’s simple.

nickys

Premium Member
You would think someone would say, “hey this is a bad idea, maybe we shouldn’t do this, or think through it.” Nope. We just get this and Bob wants to start pacing bets on ESPN cause “why not?!?!?!”
I think they’ve stopped selling them because park reservations are booking out for some dates already and they don’t want to field complaints from people who buy new ones and then can’t get into the parks.

Reports are some people at DL bought the highest level passes and haven’t been able to book park reservations for weeks already, with none available over the holidays. Cue some very unhappy AP holders. They don’t want the same thing happening at WDW.

DVCakaCarlF

Do you have any idea what their end goal for attendance management is? I assume capacity is still capped to some degree for pandemic restrictions - but what's their thinking regarding post-pandemic? Will we see the return of 2019 crowds, or will Disney continue to cap some groups such as local APs to preserve the guest experience for everyone else? I've noticed that even on the business of the last couple days, wait time is especially in the evening have been very reasonable. I just wonder how long that will continue.
Nothing to do with guest experience, but all to do with spending/profit per person.

ToTBellHop

I don’t think they have a choice. They had big plans for Genie+ and ILL and that can’t happen if the actual attractions are already sold out at these levels. You can’t sell more of what you don’t have.

We know actual capacity improvements aren’t coming anytime soon. Now they are squeezed in a vice of their own making.
And add Disney After Hours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom