News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

pdude81

Yup got a cm.. just for her to put me on hold and tossed me back into the queue.. like what are the downsides of just canceling my current tickets and purchasing a AP that way? Are they not refundable? Stand alone tickets not a package.
The don't straight up refund anything. It's always a credit with an additional amount on top if your new tickets cost more. I don't know why that is but I assume it costs them additional processing money and some would just hang up after the cancellation but before they completed part two.

Muffinpants

The don't straight up refund anything. It's always a credit with an additional amount on top if your new tickets cost more. I don't know why that is but I assume it costs them additional processing money and some would just hang up after the cancellation but before they completed part two.
She was looking for my confirmation number since these are 2 yr old tickets I don't have it. Tossed me on hold and than the auto thing said wait time 90min.. I am hoping it's not the case. She has all my info can't they call back if this was a mistake?

pdude81

She was looking for my confirmation number since these are 2 yr old tickets I don't have it. Tossed me on hold and than the auto thing said wait time 90min.. I am hoping it's not the case. She has all my info can't they call back if this was a mistake?
If they didn't ask for a call back number in case you get disconnected then they have no intentions of calling you back. If the tickets are linked in your account I don't see why they'd need to go look up a bunch of stuff, but who knows. Often people handle this sort of thing in person at the Guest Services but if you need additional reservations for later on that could be tricky.

Muffinpants

If they didn't ask for a call back number in case you get disconnected then they have no intentions of calling you back. If the tickets are linked in your account I don't see why they'd need to go look up a bunch of stuff, but who knows. Often people handle this sort of thing in person at the Guest Services but if you need additional reservations for later on that could be tricky.
Yea idk. Kinda frustrating. I just didn't want to have to make park reservations day of when we go there. Wanted to get it done early. Been 15 min on the new hold. Kinda think she sent me to someone else. :(

30 min on the "hold" and I give up for today.

Last edited:

philly97flyer

With October 1 Park Pass reservations full for AP, but still available for daily park tickets/resort guests, do we think they’ll add to the AP bucket some point soon? Planning on going down that week and I have reservations for the other days, but holding out for that day for now

Disstevefan1

With October 1 Park Pass reservations full for AP, but still available for daily park tickets/resort guests, do we think they’ll add to the AP bucket some point soon? Planning on going down that week and I have reservations for the other days, but holding out for that day for now
Sad to say, there is zero incentive for Disney to add to the AP bucket, after all, they already have your money, what can you do about it?

Trauma

So after upgrading the problem I’m having when making park reservations is I’m unable to select other people in my party that don’t have annual passes.

We are heading down for New Years and I’m able to select my family but I can no longer select my friends.

RSoxNo1

So after upgrading the problem I’m having when making park reservations is I’m unable to select other people in my party that don’t have annual passes.

We are heading down for New Years and I’m able to select my family but I can no longer select my friends.
They structure it so they're two different groups. APs and everyone else. You have to make the reservations separately and they show up under shared plans as two different lines for your planning group. The group without APs and the group w/APs

philly97flyer

Sad to say, there is zero incentive for Disney to add to the AP bucket, after all, they already have your money, what can you do about it?
Well the closer it gets to the date, if they’re still below capacity, it makes sense to shift some of the availability over to APs. I’d imagine they’d want to fill the parks with as many people as possible

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The incentive for Disney is to make sure they still have pass holders at the end of 2022. It’s not like you have a 10 year commitment. If they don’t show their passholders some loyalty their passholders won’t show them any back.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
If they haven’t reached large enough numbers in the week or so leading up to 10/1, they’ll absolutely release some reservations for AP holders. Disney knows the vloggers and YouTubers will be there filming all day and they want to make sure the parks look “full” in these videos.

Disstevefan1

If they haven’t reached large enough numbers in the week or so leading up to 10/1, they’ll absolutely release some reservations for AP holders. Disney knows the vloggers and YouTubers will be there filming all day and they want to make sure the parks look “full” in these videos.
If they have not reached large enough numbers then maybe they will throw a bone to the APers, although I still don’t know why they would do it as there is little no no money in it for them.

As for making the parks “look full” I will speak only for myself I feel more FOMO when I see the parks not mobbed and I am not there to enjoy “non-mobbed” parks.

It’s when I watch a vlogger and see the mobs and I say to myself, “it’s mobbed, glad I am not there”

Disstevefan1

The incentive for Disney is to make sure they still have pass holders at the end of 2022. It’s not like you have a 10 year commitment. If they don’t show their passholders some loyalty their passholders won’t show them any back.
Not so sure if WDW “needs” APers but don’t worry, WDW will still have plenty of APers. For locals the math still works, especially when all APs have free parking.

I have heard of multi hour waits on the phone to get a AP..

Disstevefan1

Well the closer it gets to the date, if they’re still below capacity, it makes sense to shift some of the availability over to APs. I’d imagine they’d want to fill the parks with as many people as possible
I am not so sure about filling the parks for the sake of filling them. It’s all about making the most money possible at the least possible cost to the company. That’s for the accountants and their spreadsheets to figure out.

matt9112

Wierd....than why was there a 7 hour line? You guys show up for anything. There fan base is rabbid and clamorous for any scraps. Theres no risk here unless pass holders change there habits.

Disstevefan1

Oh boy, I didn’t even think of this problem! This will happen in both directions; folks with APs will not be able to get reservations that others in their party can get and as you point out visa versa.

Trauma

Oh boy, I didn’t even think of this problem! This will happen in both directions; folks with APs will not be able to get reservations that others in their party can get and as you point out visa versa.
Well as far as I can tell everyone can get the same reservations but they have to be made separately.

I’ve already had to do to the front desk to change from Epcot to AK yesterday.

I don’t understand why I can’t add other people who have valid park entry for the days I select.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom