News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

FantasiaMickey2000

In 2019 I remember Sam's club had a good deal on Annual passes, they were way cheaper. Wishful thinking but I hope eventually they bring it back.

Otherwise renewing the old pass seems more likely.
I bought a platinum plus pass voucher from Sams Club in summer 2019 the day Disney increased the price by like $125 because Sam’s Club hadn’t updated their price yet. I’ll finally be activating it this weekend.

TimeTrip

Looks like the time has come to downgrade from platinum to the sorcerer. We were considering gold for the last renewal, but didn't. Now we're going to accept blackout dates, partly because the top tier doesn't have a FL discount. So I guess we're saving some money at renewal time, even if we put photopass on 1.

danv3

Yay, I get a magnet.

On another note. IF I renew, we'll be spending significantly less money next year. Not sure I understand the logic. The pass we'd get is a significantly cheaper one than what we have now, but since it blocks out the weekends - which is when we tend to dine in the parks the most, our expenses on things like food and merchandise will plummet. I guess, to an extent, I should thank Disney for this change, since those things aren't cheap. It's much easier to hit up a restaurant after work before going to the parks. Where on the weekends, we'd do full days and not leave, meaning meals. Kind of a stupid decision on their part. Watch the parks actually make less money and have less attendance next year, despite Genie+. You'd actually need people waiting in lines to sell it or there'd be no one to bypass.

The thing is, they don't want you there at all, so they really don't care if you're buying less. They plan to fill your seat in the restaurant with the "once in a lifetime" family for whom a several hundred dollar meal is a drop in the bucket as part of their $10,000 trip. They fully intend to make more money despite some APs spending less--by design.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Is there no more resident discount on the previous Platinum pass? I believe those were about $900. Now $1299?!

A new one in 2020 was $899 + tax. My renewal, with tax, in 2021 was $813 with a monthly payment of $67. When my current Platinum pass expires next April, I will be paying $30 more a month for a similar level pass (Incredible). With fewer benefits.

Parker in NYC

The thing is, they don't want you there at all, so they really don't care if you're buying less. They plan to fill your seat in the restaurant with the "once in a lifetime" family for whom a several hundred dollar meal is a drop in the bucket as part of their $10,000 trip. They fully intend to make more money despite some APs spending less--by design.
Yup.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is there no more resident discount on the previous Platinum pass? I believe those were about $900. Now $1299?!
There is no”platinum” or “platinum plus” equivalents now…

blackouts, no water parks, no photos
The thing that annoys me most about the park reservation system is that we frequently start our day at one park and then go to EPCOT for lunch around 12:00 - 12:30 PM. With the new system we have to wait until 2:00 PM to get into EPCOT if we don't start the day there so we will probably eat at the EPCOT restaurants a lot less.
I hear you there…but that’s a labor control mechanism. 2 o’clock just almost splits the days in half…doesn’t it?
As an out-of-state, non-DVC guy, in 2019 I paid $920 after tax for an AP. The only pass I can get today is $1383 (50% more) after tax and offers less. I'd call 50% over a 2-year span a bit of an increase.
They’re trying to tell you to drop $35,000 on the riviera hyatt

I’m kidding…but actually not
Why do they offer so many different options to FL residents then?

If they didn't care, they wouldn't offer the monthly payment plan. That would surely scare away a good portion of APs.
Because they need Florida residents to supplement them

and all kinds a people around believe this “luxury” crap daily 😂

Parker in NYC

I hear you there…but that’s a labor control mechanism. 2 o’clock just almost splits the days in half…doesn’t it?

Those international visitors still can’t make it. Better pick up the slack!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

They took away our purchase discount for the equivalent pass. So not only is TWDC 💩 on passholders in general, they are really dumping on Florida residents and blue card DVC members.

Muffinpants

Question.. I just got off the phone with a CM who seemed really confused on how upgrading tickets to a AP will work for already made Park reservations with a onsite stay. She recommended to wait to the last day of our trip to upgrade so we dont lose our reservations. Is this how it works? She said current PP will be canceled when upgrading from tickets even with a on sight resort stay.

Joffrey

Why do they offer so many different options to FL residents then?

If they didn't care, they wouldn't offer the monthly payment plan. That would surely scare away a good portion of APs.

Maybe so when people say Disney is only for the rich they can reply with
"Only the rich? No way, man. We have passes where people can visit for less than $3 a day! And we have payment plans. We totally love poor people and want everyone to experience our parks! *snicker* No, seriously we do! Sorry, I was thinking of a joke I heard earlier. *snicker, snicker*"

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question.. I just got off the phone with a CM who seemed really confused on how upgrading tickets to a AP will work for already made Park reservations with a onsite stay. She recommended to wait to the last day of our trip to upgrade so we dont lose our reservations. Is this how it works? She said current PP will be canceled when upgrading from tickets even with a on sight resort stay.

That sounds correct -

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 12.36.08 PM.png

techgeek

Is there any word in all of this about the water park APs? The water parks after 2 AP was always a fantastic value for a local and we’ve had them off and on through the years.

I saw Epcot after 4 is toast, which I miss in concept but so much value has been lost from that pass in recent years between elimination of attractions and increased dining costs that it became sort of pointless anyways…

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Would love a lower tier non-Florida resident offering. I would look into a weekday only pass, we tend to only do parks during the week on vacations anyway, but we could be the minority there for out of towners.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is there any word in all of this about the water park APs? The water parks after 2 AP was always a fantastic value for a local and we’ve had them off and on through the years.

I saw Epcot after 4 is toast, which I miss in concept but so much value has been lost from that pass in recent years between elimination of attractions and increased dining costs that it became sort of pointless anyways…
I believe the water park AP is gone, at least for now. May change when Typhoon reopens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom