News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

RSoxNo1

A way for Disney to save this is through dining discounts. If those actually increase and they effectively eliminate Tables in Wonderland than their may be more value... Having said that, I doubt it.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I figured something was up when I couldn’t renew my platinum plus to anything other than platinum earlier this month.

So, as everyone mentioned, the Photopass and water parks are each $100 add ons now.

BUT, they have also taken away:
- free golf for platinum plus
- early registration for RunDisney races for any AP
- and probably several other things we’ll come across as we go along

M:SpilotISTC12

A way for Disney to save this is through dining discounts. If those actually increase and they effectively eliminate Tables in Wonderland than their may be more value... Having said that, I doubt it.
As a non-APer, I always bought TiWL as a DVCer. I really hope what you said doesn't come true.

Tay

I get it…I didn’t try to go heavy snark.

its just the unfortunate reality of how they view their clientele now
Sorry, I was only talking about us in Alabama and Georgia that are closer or just as close to Orlando than cities in Florida and forgot to type that. I get what you’re saying if it was just limited to central and even north Florida like at DL where only So cal residents get their cheaper passes and monthly payments and not the whole state. I could drive to and from my city to Orlando and have an hour to spare than someone driving to Orlando from Key West. I can get there within 30 minutes of someone driving from Miami. I’m not someone in the northeast or Midwest, 10+ hours away complaining lol.

VJ

Like Genie, not great but presumably could have been a lot worse.

Just got an email that I will be getting the new magnet as a current passholder so that’s something…
disney is very happy to give you an item valued at a few dollars after your thousands of dollars spent on their brand throughout the years

magical, huh?

CJR

Why do they offer so many different options to FL residents then?

If they didn't care, they wouldn't offer the monthly payment plan. That would surely scare away a good portion of APs.

It's because they DO make plenty of money from AP's and they know it.

The funny thing is that with these changes, they'll be making way less money in pretty much every category since a lot of people will probably go down to the cheapest option, which is probably less that what they're spending now and cuts out the need to buy lunch, dinner, Genie+, and merchandise, since they can go get merch at Disney Springs on the weekend.

Penny’s Dad

We have already renewed our gold annual pass which would have expired September 22, 2021 and is now good until September 22, 2022. We have an upcoming December trip already reserved for both resort and park passes, will we still have the photo pass that was included with the gold pass or have to pay the extra fee for an add on?

disneygeek90

We have already renewed our gold annual pass which would have expired September 22, 2021 and is now good until September 22, 2022. We have an upcoming December trip already reserved for both resort and park passes, will we still have the photo pass that was included with the gold pass or have to pay the extra fee for an add on?
I'm in the same boat as you, I renewed last month and I now expire Sep 14, 2022. You'll have the included photopass through Sep 22, 2022.

RSoxNo1

News should be out very soon, followed by the option of buying new passes. Give it a week or so.

Not incredible news I know, but the Tinker Bells, Sparrows and magicians will be able to buy them again. Of course they come with price increases and a few bolt ons including one for makin’ memories.
Nailed it.

Parker in NYC

They might have finally won. I’ve been having a harder and harder time handing over my hard-earned money but this is just insane. For a family of 6, I think we’re done.

On a side note, it’s depressing that park reservations are here to stay.
So many folks were hoping Disney would price out the riffraff. Looks like Disney said, but wait there’s more! We’re also going to make it extra fun to even get into the parks - with a valid ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom