News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

zappy

I was soooooooo bummed when I found out no new passes went on sale today. I was going to surprise my daughter and wife with APs once I read the news on twitter but only to be disappointed once I got to the official Disney website. 😟

drizgirl

They did that once and hired cheaper labor. The quality of the site didn't improve so maybe the problem is not with the IT people maybe it is the requirements and goals they are given to reach?
Or….. Disney has never been willing to pay for the level of expertise needed to create and maintain a system functional enough for the size company they are.

It seems to me someone very famous once said something along the lines of "if you can dream it, you can do it".

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I have been waffling back and forth if I should renew our Incredi-passes in August (actually we are still under the platinum label). I know this is somewhat off-topic, but am actually getting anxious over the decision, especially since no one knows when APs will go on sale again.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I have been waffling back and forth if I should renew our Incredi-passes in August (actually we are still under the platinum label). I know this is somewhat off-topic, but am actually getting anxious over the decision, especially since no one knows when APs will go on sale again.
This is exactly the thing my family and I are grappling over, except ours expire next week! We don't really want to pay the current prices but we're afraid if we don't keep what we've got, we won't get them back again.

JoeCamel

This is exactly the thing my family and I are grappling over, except ours expire next week! We don't really want to pay the current prices but we're afraid if we don't keep what we've got, we won't get them back again.
If you don't pay the current prices now are you expecting them to be less in the future?
I've got some south Florida property I want to show you......

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If you don't pay the current prices now are you expecting them to be less in the future?
I've got some south Florida property I want to show you......
I'll pay whatever necessary for the passes. I've got the expendable income. However, some life events have lined up recently that call into question the feasibility of doing so for another year at this time. We're more concerned about not getting the chance to purchase new passes a later date than the prices going up....it's Disney we're talking about, that's inevitable.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'll pay whatever necessary for the passes. I've got the expendable income. However, some life events have lined up recently that call into question the feasibility of doing so for another year at this time. We're more concerned about not getting the chance to purchase new passes a later date than the prices going up....it's Disney we're talking about, that's inevitable.

My nickel's worth of free advice - Don't. It's enabling the idiots in charge to continue to abuse its clientele.

Vegas Disney Fan

If your primary reason for renewing is any reason other than you go to the parks often enough to financially justify the AP price I’d argue you shouldn’t renew.

We aren’t renewing our DL keys because the reservation system is so dysfunctional we could only get enough reservations to break even vs paying day prices, we debated renewing out of fear we might not be able to buy them in the future but decided paying thousands of dollars for a mediocre product in hope it gets better in the future made no sense, especially when they guy in charge just renewed for three years and it’s likely not getting better anytime soon, the only way it’s going to get better is if attendance drops and forces them to offer a better product.

Gillyanne

When the passes came back, WRT to reservations/blackouts, it also states

• Bonus reservations will be added to the calendar from time to time, allowing you to make extra reservations on select days at select theme parks. Bonus reservations do not count as a reservation hold

has anyone seen this actually happen? Curious if they really do it and what type of bonus is it? is it a day that would otherwise be blackout is now not, or is it if you have all your allotted reservations booked, you'll have an extra one still within your regularly non-blackout days?

Just curious of the likelihood that my birthday (which falls on a weekend this year, and we have pixie dust) may open up for me to go day of.

Rteetz

When the passes came back, WRT to reservations/blackouts, it also states

has anyone seen this actually happen? Curious if they really do it and what type of bonus is it? is it a day that would otherwise be blackout is now not, or is it if you have all your allotted reservations booked, you'll have an extra one still within your regularly non-blackout days?

Just curious of the likelihood that my birthday (which falls on a weekend this year, and we have pixie dust) may open up for me to go day of.
They've been doing bonus reservations for a while. They pick the park and the date. You just don't need to actually book said day/park.

Gillyanne

They've been doing bonus reservations for a while. They pick the park and the date. You just don't need to actually book said day/park.

How does one tell? basically just there when you go into reservations? Do you know if it was on an otherwise blacked out date sometimes?

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I'm sure there's gotta be some super elite 1%er pass that no one knows about unless you've got connections

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom