News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

matt9112

Indeed. Never forget that Bob Chapek was the creator of the “Disney Vault” strategy for creating artificial scarcity around home video (VHS, DVD, etc.) sales.

Not surprising to see the same technique used for APs.

Yeah i watched a good video on the robbery known as the vault. Crazy stuff.

CaptinEO

That's how we ended up with Captain EO returning. It's what Disney does with it's theater shows sometimes, and in Disneyland with the evening fireworks.
In California we've seen Soaring Over California come back multiple times. Now if only theyd show Captain EO once more or play the original Star Tours.

CJR

They don't want those low spending, low res people in their parks, if your credit score is north of 800 they want you but not at a discount.

The funny thing is the only pass available is their lowest priced one and exclusive to people well under a day's drive away - a lot within an hour.

Then, they get Monday through Friday most of the year at all four parks, a lot of busy days unblocked.

CJR

Worth mentioning, when you renew, you still have access to all four passes. We're looking at them now, but will probably go cheap this year. They humored me by auto populating the Incredi-Pass.

We're looking to spend less money at Disney World this next year than we have in about five years. Especially when you cut out our weekend EPCOT trips.

We'll probably pick up dinner going to the parks going forward and may not renew at all after this next year. Especially since nothing notable is on the way after Tron and Guardians - although I'm sure they'll announce something at D23 that'll open ten years later.

ToTBellHop

1645203576509.jpeg

JohnD

The funny thing is the only pass available is their lowest priced one and exclusive to people well under a day's drive away - a lot within an hour.

Then, they get Monday through Friday most of the year at all four parks, a lot of busy days unblocked.

I just now renewed from Silver to Pixie Dust for that very reason. I'm four hours away so can't do a day trip. But I'm at WDW no more than 6 nights anyway. That would easily get me M-F most of the year (check in Sun night. Check out Sat. morning) and be blocked out in the same weeks as Pirates. So, yeah, I went with the least expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom