News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Surferboy567

The week they told people to wait was rough but after that they updated the system and said many places that the reservations would not be touched. Also folks saying they have no capacity... I don't think that's it. I really think they wanna say a big F to the holiday crowds who would have upgraded tickets.

For non fl resident you need to go 13-15 days to break even on the pass.. how are they losing money? Are they gonna remove the AP discounts now? I am really surprised they are not forcing everyone into the incedipass.
I’ve actually called Disney on 4 separate occasions to try and upgrade. The first was close to announcement, second was probably around 2 weeks later, third was about a week later, the fourth was last week or maybe the week before. It may of been more but I can’t remember, either way its irrelevant now.

On ALL of the times I called, I was advised to wait and upgrade at the parks. The reason why I didn't upgrade the first and second time was because of what you said you have to go 13-15 days to break even. I’m an out of state, so when I finally got a quote from them (the mind you took HOURS of been on hold) I set up a spreadsheet.

Right now I have 3 trips. 2 in incubation and 1 definite.

7 days in December
3 in late March - April (very close to definite just was waiting to upgrade pass for tickets)
An unknown amount of time in October

All with a park hopper.

I am looking at a loss now, that’s far more then it would of been because now I am going to lose the 7 day credit in December. If I would of bought the pass when it was available I could of saved hundreds of dollars. This of course all hinges on how long I stay in October if I decide to go.

Oh, and everytime I talked to a cast member they told me that all park reservations would be lost on upgrade. I had 7 for my upcoming trip in December…and really didn’t want to lose them.

I guess I could technically upgrade in April if they are still around but would have to run the numbers and see if that’s even worth it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Alternatively, Josh D'Amaro stood in front of Disney's most loyal guests 36 hours earlier and excitedly announced that churros are back while knowing that they'd suspend AP sales once the convention was over
This guy is starting to look like the prototype “false prophet”
I’m guessing there goes a lot of intended holiday presents?

I guess they can just give Disney gift cards for the amount of a pass.
I think they just proved why you shouldn’t…no good faith from the other side of the cash register

Muffinpants

I’ve actually called Disney on 4 separate occasions to try and upgrade. The first was close to announcement, second was probably around 2 weeks later, third was about a week later, the fourth was last week or maybe the week before. It may of been more but I can’t remember, either way its irrelevant now.

On ALL of the times I called, I was advised to wait and upgrade at the parks. The reason why I didn't upgrade the first and second time was because of what you said you have to go 13-15 days to break even. I’m an out of state, so when I finally got a quote from them (the mind you took HOURS of been on hold) I set up a spreadsheet.

7 days in December
3 in late March - April (very close to definite just was waiting to upgrade pass for tickets)

All with a park hopper.

I am looking at a loss now, that’s far more then it would of been because now I am going to lose the 7 day credit in December. If I would of bought the pass when it was available I could of saved hundreds of dollars. This of course all hinges on how long I stay in October if I decide to go.

Oh, and everytime I talked to a cast member they told me that all park reservations would be lost on upgrade. I had 7 for my upcoming trip in December…and really didn’t want to lose them.

I guess I could technically upgrade in April if they are still around but would have to run the numbers and see if that’s even worth it.
I think the cms had no idea. I was in the same boat. Called and told to wait. But later twitter updated and I called 2 more times and it was fine. Makes me mad that a simple email to cms with updated info could save folks in your position lots of money. Disney messed up big time here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

7 days in December

All with a park hopper.
I think I located your problem…you take away any power you have.

they can SEE you in the system…and they can data mine it, package it, spin it inside out and come out with mass strategies and predictions that are 99% guaranteed to come true.

ToTBellHop

I think the cms had no idea. I was in the same boat. Called and told to wait. But later twitter updated and I called 2 more times and it was fine. Makes me mad that a simple email to cms with updated info could save folks in your position lots of money. Disney messed up big time here.
There honestly should be a workaround here. At a minimum, once they start selling again, you should be able to retroactively apply payment from previously-used passes to purchase a pass that would have activated the first day of your prior visit.

But I’m sure they won’t. Too much work.

Not impressed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
CMs aren’t told anything. Last to know. It has been this way forever on purpose. I honestly don’t know why this isn’t a common knowledge concept?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There honestly should be a workaround here. At a minimum, once they start selling again, you should be able to retroactively apply payment from previously-used passes to purchase a pass that would have activated the first day of your prior visit.

But I’m sure they won’t. Too much work.

Not impressed.
Why would they do that? I’m not being combative…just don’t see what’s in it for Disney?

Touchdown

7 days in December

All with a park hopper.

Your only choice at retaliation is to cancel your December trip. It probably still won’t move the needle but it’s your only option.

mattpeto

New passes are unavailable online, but I'd like to get confirmation that if somebody is on WDW grounds with an active ticket, will they be able to upgrade?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
For non fl resident you need to go 13-15 days to break even on the pass.. how are they losing money? Are they gonna remove the AP discounts now? I am really surprised they are not forcing everyone into the incedipass.
The cost of the pass versus standard tickets doesn't matter. What you need to be looking at per guest spending of each type of ticket holder. @ParentsOf4 any data on this? It's my guess that Disney makes much less money per guest with AP holders, especially if they're locals, than they do with regular guests. So now that you have demand exceeding the self-imposed limited capacity, who would you rather have filling your parks?

Surferboy567

I think I located your problem…you take away any power you have.

they can SEE you in the system…and they can data mine it, package it, spin it inside out and come out with mass strategies and predictions that are 99% guaranteed to come true.
I can definitely see part of this being my fault. It’s just these passes have been out for 2 MONTHS. I didn’t think they would pull the plug so soon on these. It’s definitely a baffling decision. It’s not like the calendar has limited availability like Disneyland’s does (besides a few days) so this comes off as a move targeting people that want to upgrade their long holiday tickets.

Surferboy567

Your only choice at retaliation is to cancel your December trip. It probably still won’t move the needle but it’s your only option.
Yeah, I am definitely not doing that. Same with the others, everything is done. Besides I’d doubt they care like you said. It would only be a self imposed punishment on myself.

castlecake2.0

I don’t quite understand the outrage. At some point they’ll need to limit the amount of passes available, the parks don’t have limitless capacity. Disneyland had to do the same. Why keep selling passes if people are going to have trouble booking reservations?

Touchdown

I don’t quite understand the outrage. At some point they’ll need to limit the amount of passes available, the parks don’t have limitless capacity. Disneyland had to do the same. Why keep selling passes if people are going to have trouble booking reservations?

The calendar is very close to wide open. This makes sense to Disneyland but not to Disney World.
⬆️This

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But nobody has any belief that is at all going to happen…

even park savior “Josh” who talks to employees on an iPhone recording occasionally and was anointed Judson green

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom