News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Muffinpants

How about a new issue.

Heard this one from a friend of a friend.

Double charged while doing a ticket to AP upgrade (~$1500 in charges instead of $750ish). CM apologized and said funds would be back “in about 2 weeks.” Guest relations dismissed it as “something that just happens.”
Just had to check mine. thankfully was not double charged.

dovetail65

How about a new issue.

Heard this one from a friend of a friend.

Double charged while doing a ticket to AP upgrade (~$1500 in charges instead of $750ish). CM apologized and said funds would be back “in about 2 weeks.” Guest relations dismissed it as “something that just happens.”

I never understood that. I run a small business and when I refund the client sees the refund within 24 hours. If the mistake is caught less than 1 business day then the refund happens the second I process it.

flutas

Just had to check mine. thankfully was not double charged.

So I did a bit more prodding and got the full story I think.

They went to a ticket booth to upgrade an AP on the final day of the ticket. Everything went smooth, until payment time. They said the terminal said approved and they instantly got a notification from the bank that the transaction was processed. The CM then told them that the screen popped up a message saying to contact a supervisor.

Said supervisor came over and said that the transaction didn’t go through at all and their bank had most likely blocked it for fraud. Then after paying a second time they noticed two pending charges and the supervisor had to manually void the first charge. To which they got told “up to 10 business days” for a refund.

They then went to Guest Relations to ask about it and try to get the refund quicker. GR then dismissed the issue and said there was nothing they can do about it and that “these thing just happen some times.”

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Theme Park Entry—Coming in October

Annual Passholders have a theme park entry lane at each of the Walt Disney World theme parks. Be sure to follow the signage featuring the program's new look. And coming soon, Passholders who have affiliated their My Disney Experience account with their Annual Pass will experience a unique color and sound sequence when using their MagicBands to enter Walt Disney World Resort theme parks—it's our way of saying "welcome back to the magic" each time you visit!"

ToTBellHop

"Theme Park Entry—Coming in October

Annual Passholders have a theme park entry lane at each of the Walt Disney World theme parks. Be sure to follow the signage featuring the program's new look. And coming soon, Passholders who have affiliated their My Disney Experience account with their Annual Pass will experience a unique color and sound sequence when using their MagicBands to enter Walt Disney World Resort theme parks—it's our way of saying "welcome back to the magic" each time you visit!"

I’m DVC and AP. The scanner will explode trying to process my importance. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chapek, himself, pops down from the ceiling to shake me firmly by the (gloved) hand.

pdude81

I’m DVC and AP. The scanner will explode trying to process my importance. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chapek, himself, pops down from the ceiling to shake me firmly by the (gloved) hand.
It'll be interesting to see what they prioritize. My son is too young to get the "purple" light, so I know how his will react.

Muffinpants

Anyone know if you have AP but our Disney "adult" child dosnt can he still go to the AP turnstiles with us? Or should we just go normal lane?

Hcalvert

Anyone know if you have AP but our Disney "adult" child dosnt can he still go to the AP turnstiles with us? Or should we just go normal lane?
They can go with you. My brother and his family did not have APs, but they said they could go through the line with us since we were one party.

vikescaper

The special sound effect will obviously be the sound of Chapek clapping.

Seriously, though, I hope they do enforce passholders only at the specific tapstyle. I also wish that there could be a passholder lane at the toll plazas at the parking lots.

ThatMouse

I would be amused if it said "Welcome! Is this your first visit to Disney World?" because that's how I feel every time I check-in to a Disney resort lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom