News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

grapejellybean

We currently have DVC Sorcerer passes. Went to renew through the app but it says DVC Sorcerer passes are no longer sold. Only Incredipasses. When did that happen? I know they suspended sales of most new passes, but had not heard Sorcerer couldn’t renew as Sorcerer.
If you can, double check by trying to renew on a computer. We had the same issue when trying to use the app (some sort of glitch?), but it was ok on the website.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We currently have DVC Sorcerer passes. Went to renew through the app but it says DVC Sorcerer passes are no longer sold. Only Incredipasses. When did that happen? I know they suspended sales of most new passes, but had not heard Sorcerer couldn’t renew as Sorcerer.
I renewed via DVC last week from gold to sorcerer. I had the same situation with the website only showing incredipass. I had to call member services to take care of it on the phone. 800.800.9800.

Related to APs, I haven't put the time to posting about it here in much detail but Disney Ticketing has changed the way passes are activated. In the old system tickets were not live until first visit to the park and showing your blue card. Now, tickets are immediately active and there are no more hiccups trying to schedule park reservations, and you go straight to the gate bypassing activating at a park. The system is totally new in the last month. If I get some time in the next day I'll see if I can post more about on this DVC board or the main AP thread if I can find.

sWANNISAX

Hi. I'm considering buying a pixie pass since I just bought a condo in Florida. With this new instant activation what ID do I need to have on me when I visit? I usually travel pretty light and don't have a Florida drivers liscense yet.

bhg469

Hi. I'm considering buying a pixie pass since I just bought a condo in Florida. With this new instant activation what ID do I need to have on me when I visit? I usually travel pretty light and don't have a Florida drivers liscense yet.
You need exactly what you dont have yet. Good news is you get your Florida license on the spot when you apply.

Last edited:

zappy

Still kicking myself for not buying the incredi-pass last fall. We would have easily squeezed in another trip this year maybe even two if we had it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Assuming you’re talking about DVC, I agree. Were it not for DVC, annual passes would have been eliminated already.
I wasn’t actually…but that’s a good one too.

I meant they have such a large and volatile AP base in Anaheim…they can’t just kill it. They’re gonna try to “convince” the APs they’d don’t actually want it…that they’d rather go 10 days a year pay as you go. Remember that before the “keys” were announced the suggestion would be a “discount” program…where they never stop Paying. That’s the goal.

In Florida…they want Florida APs to just fill in the Margins…and as an emergency recession base. Nothing more.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

I meant they have such a large and volatile AP base in Anaheim…they can’t just kill it. They’re gonna try to “convince” the APs they’d don’t actually want it…that they’d rather go 10 days a year pay as you go. Remember that before the “keys” were announced the suggestion would be a “discount” program…where they never stop Paying. That’s the goal.

In Florida…they want Florida APs to just fill in the Margins…and as an emergency recession base. Nothing more.
Fair points. I’m in Florida, so I’m not much of an expert on the California situation. But I do agree about Florida. They probably won’t eliminate the program entirely, because they like us to fill in the gaps. I can see them continuing to limit availability to try and cull the herd a bit.

Incidentally, right now, park reservation availability for AP’s is pretty wide open. I can go nearly every day for the next couple of months.

Vegas Disney Fan

Assuming you’re talking about DVC, I agree. Were it not for DVC, annual passes would have been eliminated already.

If the option to buy APs was guaranteed for the life of the DVC contract it would seal the deal for us. As it is right now the AP situation and reservations are preventing us from buying DVC, there’s not much incentive to spend tens of thousands guaranteeing hotel rooms for the next couple decades with no guarantee we’ll be able to visit the parks when we actually use those rooms to visit.

Worked with us, we’ve been DL APs for a decade and we aren’t renewing even if they offer it, it’s too hard to get reservations with the Keys when we want to go. We’ll go 3-4 weekends next year (when we want to go) instead of the 7 we managed this year (when we were able to get reservations). I’d rather control my own vacation plans rather than letting Disney decide. We won’t save a ton on tickets but we’ll save a fortune on Disney hotel rooms and food in the parks.

dovetail65

If you can, double check by trying to renew on a computer. We had the same issue when trying to use the app (some sort of glitch?), but it was ok on the website.
I do not believe its a glitch, it is the way works, at least for me in the past.

For certain things like renewing a pass the system jumps out of the app, so if we are not signed into the online account through a browser on a phone the system does not see us as signed in and the system will act like we are not a current pass holders.

You can try signing in online through a browser on your phone if that does not work DVC members can renew by calling (407) 566-3800. The way it is worded and I may be wrong it almost reads like DVC members have to call to renew. That's as of today, so I dont think they stopped DVC members from renewing the sorceress, at least that's not posted anywhere I can find today.

JaxFLBear

You can try signing in online through a browser on your phone if that does not work DVC members can renew by calling (407) 566-3800. The way it is worded and I may be wrong it almost reads like DVC members have to call to renew. That's as of today, so I dont think they stopped DVC members from renewing the sorceress, at least that's not posted anywhere I can find today.
DVC Members HAVE to call DVC Member Services to renew at the Sorcerer Pass level or they can do it in-person at WDW.

correcaminos

You can only renew DVC level passes via phone. You can also do it in person. Always has been this way. Nothing new, though I really eish they'd change that with the integration of DVC perks to MDE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom