News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who says TWDC isn't and this is just the first steps? They've waited for a new generation of park goers. The previous ones remember how much they've lost. When Disney says, "You are the Magic" it's really true. Started happening years ago and now they just expanding on it thanks to the pandemic. Universal reported record earnings and park attendance. Just saying.
That may be…

but the boomers aren’t dead (yet)…and we Xers are kinda in control now and are notoriously “feisty”

you do know that economics is about who controls the capital, correct? And not about who is more opinionated/tweets louder.

statistics show that out.

who’s paying for this “new generation”? Average wealth decreases with each new one since the boom.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a problem of their own making...just like the parks situation.

The super sad part is that it doesn't have to be this way - the only reason it is is because they're using the parks to line Wall Street's pockets instead of as a means of keeping their guests and customers loyal to their brand.
Underneath all this streaming stuff - which has made no actual money and requires a TON of investment to generate content for it - 40% of Disney’s nickels and dimes come from their park business…and rising until 19…

is it a coincidence that an underwhelming park report coincides with this stock drop?

is it 100% about streaming?

not sure.

Last edited:

orion54

That may be…

but the boomers aren’t dead (yet)…and we Xers are kinda in control now and are notoriously “feisty”

you do know that economics is about who controls the capital, correct? And not about who is more opinionated/tweets louder.

statistics show that out.

who’s paying for this “new generation”? Average wealth decreases with each new one since the boom.
As a fellow Xer I agreed. But and I say this for now, I haven't seen enough people put their money where their complaints are. We'll see. I do think this current and recently past management has been and is currently destroying loyal Disney enthusiasts and most importantly their brand.

orion54

Underneath all this streaming stuff - which has made no actual money and requires a TON of investment to generate content for it - 40% of Disney’s nickels and dimes come from their park business…and rising until 19…

is it a coincidence that an underwhelming park report coincides with this stock drop?

is it 100% about streaming?

not sure.
Cheapek is making it all about streaming and I think Iger was too. Hollywood and movies. But you are right the foundation on which supports their streaming and media content has been the parks. It's no coincidence that Universal exceeded expectations on their Parks revenue and attendance.

wutisgood

Has everyone else noticed all the people at seaworld and universal that said they couldn't get in to disney? I talked to many last trip. It certainly seems disney's overall capacity problems are giving business away to the competition. Pete Werner said his universal bookings were multiplying.

If you have a product people keep paying for the last thing you want is for those people to try something else. Many of these people if they go back to disney will go less frequently and probably spend less when they do.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a fellow Xer I agreed. But and I say this for now, I haven't seen enough people put their money where their complaints are. We'll see. I do think this current and recently past management has been and is currently destroying loyal Disney enthusiasts and most importantly their brand.
We are SOFF…

but we also remember the good times.

we are the first generation of impatient, excessive consumption…but we look like Druid Monks compared to what else is in the pipeline

Vegas Disney Fan

I predict that on January 15th, new annual passes will be revealed. Really sleek modern design. Easy to understand price points thanks to the addition of a 0 on the end. Several passes with availability on various dates! Plus, with the addition of 5% off Mickey premium bars on the 3 highest of the 11 tiers, the value is clear and present.

I don’t think your sarcasm is that far off, the Keys/APs are now paused/sold out on both coasts and both fan bases are not happy with the current program.

My guess is a return to traditional, non reservation based, APs at both parks next year, with a starting price for the lowest pass at $1000 and the no blackout date passes over $2000. Disney can “give” the people what they want but at a price that maximizes profit and decreases APs in the parks.

At this point I’d happily pay $2000 for my old AP over the $1400 I paid last year for my Key I can’t use when I want.

It‘s been a horrible program and the sooner it ends the better.

disneygeek90

I don’t think your sarcasm is that far off, the Keys/APs are now paused/sold out on both coasts and both fan bases are not happy with the current program.

My guess is a return to traditional, non reservation based, APs at both parks next year, with a starting price for the lowest pass at $1000 and the no blackout date passes over $2000. Disney can “give” the people what they want but at a price that maximizes profit and decreases APs in the parks.

At this point I’d happily pay $2000 for my old AP over the $1400 I paid last year for my Key I can’t use when I want.

I find it sort of hard to believe they’d really revamp the whole model again after 2 months, but I suppose it’s possible.

WDW has seen much, much worse reservation availability in the past year and a half than the upcoming two months which makes the stop a little odd. I would love to know what their true plans are. Just don’t touch free parking. Parking isn’t an issue at WDW and shouldn’t be treated like DL.

DomVF07

Can’t take credit for this but hilarious
633F7C09-12FB-4129-A268-FF5FFE74D763.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cheapek is making it all about streaming and I think Iger was too. Hollywood and movies. But you are right the foundation on which supports their streaming and media content has been the parks. It's no coincidence that Universal exceeded expectations on their Parks revenue and attendance.
That’s indicative of what’s wrong with stocks…

the guy who is selling the stock…whose billion dollar net worth is tied to it…tells the “free market” what’s important

…but what is more stable? How about if the buyer asks “what have you sold and how much did it cost me?”

what a thought, huh?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Has everyone else noticed all the people at seaworld and universal that said they couldn't get in to disney? I talked to many last trip. It certainly seems disney's overall capacity problems are giving business away to the competition. Pete Werner said his universal bookings were multiplying.

If you have a product people keep paying for the last thing you want is for those people to try something else. Many of these people if they go back to disney will go less frequently and probably spend less when they do.
…woah…why are we bringing Voldemort into this? 😱

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find it sort of hard to believe they’d really revamp the whole model again after 2 months, but I suppose it’s possible.

WDW has seen much, much worse reservation availability in the past year and a half than the upcoming two months which makes the stop a little odd. I would love to know what their true plans are. Just don’t touch free parking. Parking isn’t an issue at WDW and shouldn’t be treated like DL.
There are a lot of possibilities…the most likely is simply they want day tickets over Christmas (highest prices) to boost the revenue haul…

or it could be that the thanksgiving blackout is “somewhat” new and they are taking a pause to measure…something…maybe

or that they are gonna tweak/twerk the prices.

I seriously doubt they are gonna kill them now…there is availability for DVC through the winter and that is your primary target to lure in with AP sales.

and the rest of the rack rooms not yet sold are gonna have to be opened up soon.

it also could be something to do with lightning lane nonsense. Maybe APs have bought the fewest (likely) and Slaphead is trying to boost the percentage of take to cover his sorry…

…you get the gist

DVCakaCarlF

There are a lot of possibilities…the most likely is simply they want day tickets over Christmas (highest prices) to boost the revenue haul…

or it could be that the thanksgiving blackout is “somewhat” new and they are taking a pause to measure…something…maybe

or that they are gonna tweak/twerk the prices.

I seriously doubt they are gonna kill them now…there is availability for DVC through the winter and that is your primary target to lure in with AP sales.

and the rest of the rack rooms not yet sold are gonna have to be opened up soon.

it also could be something to do with lightning lane nonsense. Maybe APs have bought the fewest (likely) and Slaphead is trying to boost the percentage of take to cover his sorry…

…you get the gist
Lightening lane is collapsing in on itself, per Disneytouristblog.com

twilight mitsuk

What’s next take the parking away?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At the current pass prices for out of state they might as well not exist as it is. At 2k forget about it.
I’ll remind -

for 10+ years people made every excuse for iger

“it’s actually Underpriced”

“it’s the free market”

“They’re limiting crowds by raising prices so it will be better/keep the riff raff out”

“They built a new ride 8 years ago…what do you want?”

“omg!! Mine train is the best coaster ever”

“I think after hours is well worth it to get rid of those crowds!”

“the dining plan works for ME”

“_____ is worth it to me”

“I want to EXPERIENCE (damn near anything under the sun that was being overcharged)”

…my point is you were being steered/jockeyed to a place that was gonna suck for parks and it’s Fans this whole time.

when they no longer were to generate profit and build fan loyalty to the brand…but rather “for maximum yield”

so now the ship is in the rough part of the course…covid may have sped it up…but it was never in doubt.

“While Orlando slept”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom