News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is crazy. Disneyland looks to be using a dart board to make decisions.

I do not think they would stop selling the Pixie Dust pass at WDW.

That said, I would not be surprised if they did.
Is that the one where you can only visit dak after 3 on even numbered Tuesdays during the slowest 2 months of the year?

MagicHappens1971

I still think the primary reason Disney isn't ready to bring back the dining plan is based on labor and the amount of still shuttered/not fully-operational restaurants (e.g., think breakfast service at Garden Grill). A secondary reason probably has to do with the infrastructure required to build the plan in to their mobile ordering systems.
It is actually already built into mobile order.

Vegas Disney Fan

Meanwhile Universal just announced the 2023 price of their Freedom AP (for military members) and it’s $200 for 2 parks, $235 for all 3… looks like we’re Uni people now.

Just finished my first couple days at UOR and came back to update… we will NOT be Uni people now, we’ll definitely add a day to future WDW trips but I don’t see us ever giving more than a day to Uni compared to 4-5 at WDW.

The good… Velocicoaster is absolutely incredible, Hagrids is amazing, Hogwarts express was really cool, and the HP lands are stunning… that was it, nothing else compared to WDw in my opinion.

The bad… I was shocked how much was down for most of the last 2 days, we never got on Hulk because it was down, never got on Mummy because it was down, never got on Rip Ride Rocket because it was down, saw about 10 minutes of Bourne before it went down, Kong was down, Fast and Furious was down, got food but never got our drinks at Leakey Cauldron (they said a computer error lost the mobile drink orders 🤷🏼‍♂️, they refunded us)… maybe we just got unlucky because it was so cold and nothing was working but I’ve never seen so many rides down at one time at any park before.

For a first time visitor it made an absolutely horrible first impression. We left the park at 4 because we’d run out of things to do and the things we wanted to repeat had multi hour lines, likely because so few rides were running.

Looks like Disney will continue getting the vast majority of our money and we’ll use our UniAPs as an add on day to Disney trips.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just finished my first couple days at UOR and came back to update… we will NOT be Uni people now, we’ll definitely add a day to future WDW trips but I don’t see us ever giving more than a day to Uni compared to 4-5 at WDW.

The good… Velocicoaster is absolutely incredible, Hagrids is amazing, Hogwarts express was really cool, and the HP lands are stunning… that was it, nothing else compared to WDw in my opinion.

The bad… I was shocked how much was down for most of the last 2 days, we never got on Hulk because it was down, never got on Mummy because it was down, never got on Rip Ride Rocket because it was down, saw about 10 minutes of Bourne before it went down, Kong was down, Fast and Furious was down, got food but never got our drinks at Leakey Cauldron (they said a computer error lost the mobile drink orders 🤷🏼‍♂️, they refunded us)… maybe we just got unlucky because it was so cold and nothing was working but I’ve never seen so many rides down at one time at any park before.

For a first time visitor it made an absolutely horrible first impression. We left the park at 4 because we’d run out of things to do and the things we wanted to repeat had multi hour lines, likely because so few rides were running.

Looks like Disney will continue getting the vast majority of our money and we’ll use our UniAPs as an add on day to Disney trips.
So universal sucks because of maintenance and service issues that are reported almost daily at wdw and the weather sucks (January…take your chances this time of year)

I mean…I get it…it sucked. And universal does not have the same feel as wdw. But that has nothing to do with modern management…that’s all the legacy 1971-2000 stuff…

Were you at wdw too? Just curious of the comp this time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom